PDA

View Full Version : Power Systems

bz1mcr
08-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Does the amount of traffic in the Power Systems forum warrant splitting it up? Or could some sub topic areas, as suggested below, be established.
Motors Direct drive
Motors with gears
ESC's
Batteries and chargers

Mike Parsons
08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey bz1mc, thanks for the suggestion. My feeling is that for search purposes, it would be easier to keep power systems as a hole. I run DD motors as well as geared and would prefer to read about them both in one forums. There is always the risk of getting forums too segragated. I am sure Marc will chime in on his thoughts. G

bz1mcr
08-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Obviously my feeling is different than yours, and I suspect others would have other suggestions as well. Personally, I read and post most in topics related to CDROM based motors. Sometimes I go looking for information on batteries, or esc's. All these are intermixed in one forum area. How does the level of activity in Power systems compare to other forum areas. When one area is too active it just get confusing for everyone. Have you considered asking the users, perhaps a pole would be helpful. Remember the customers are always right!

Mike Parsons
08-14-2005, 04:52 AM
Bz1mcr,
Please do not get idea that it is my decision. I am only voicing my opinion as a member/customer. Forum creation is an administrators power and I that is well beyond little ole me :). As I stated, I am sure Marc and or Nathan will chime in first chance either gets.