PDA

View Full Version : Facts

qban_flyer
02-27-2006, 09:22 PM
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

(Yes, that's 80 million..)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek immediate medical attention!

RUSH
02-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Amen!

Crash Test Dummy
02-28-2006, 03:09 AM
Here Here! I own many guns and I have never shot myself or anyone else!! I also raised 4 kids with guns in our house and guess what....... they never shot them self or anyone else. Hummmm.

You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!!

CTD

qban_flyer
02-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Here Here! I own many guns and I have never shot myself or anyone else!! I also raised 4 kids with guns in our house and guess what....... they never shot them self or anyone else. Hummmm.

You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!!

CTD

Precisely, it's the very essence of the message. Doctors are 9000 times more likely to kill us accidentally than guns, yet no one is trying to ban Doctors. :confused:

TLyttle
03-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Sure shows that stats are even more dangerous than guns OR doctors!

I don't know how I made it to 67; I see doctors (not often), haven't fired a weapon in 50 years (what is the point?), I guess it is my terrible lifestyle (which I now will drink to)...

50+AirYears
03-03-2006, 05:52 AM
I thought this was a humor forum, but this thread hits too close to home for me.

Don Sims
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
It is, you're right, can move it to Off Topic. The comments are ironic though!!

Geoff_Gino
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
It is, you're right, can move it to Off Topic. The comments are ironic though!!

What is more ironic - more "empty" guns than what we care to believe have killed innocent people.

"Hey look it's not loaded"

qban_flyer
03-03-2006, 08:49 PM
This began as a "humorous" set of statistics. Since it has slid down the slippery slope, I'll chime in with my own personal experience. I own no guns, but I have had to deal with many doctors throughout my life time. I am 61 now, no spring chicken by any plausible stretch of the imagination.

Unfortunately, many doctors get away by burying their mistakes. Those "mistakes" remain six feet under, never to be known by anyone as the "buried mistakes" they really are. :o

An uncle of mine almost became one of those unknown "buried mistake" statistics. Had it not being for an honest O.R. nurse who let the cat out of the bag to inform us that the "surgeon" operating on my uncle that afternoon was under the influence of alcohol and barbiturates. :confused:

One hour after my uncle had passed away I could smell the "surgeon's" breath reeking of alcohol three feet away from him while he was trying to convince me that there was no need to do a post mortem on my uncle's lifeless body. :(

Yup! His surviving family was handsomely compensated by the doctor and his insurance company. My uncle remains dead to this day, the money his family received did not change his status one bit. :mad:

BTW, that "surgeon" did not have a gun in his hand when he killed my uncle. His scalpel was just as lethal. :eek:

crast test dummie
03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
My wife just had a pretty major operation on her right foot, she is recovering nicely. The funny thing was on the day of the operation, each of the doctors came in to talk to us before the operation and each of them put their initials on the leg of the foot to be worked on. I thought this was funny at 1st, but it really is a good idea. How many times have you heard about doctors cutting off the wrong leg, foot, finger, hand, ETC off by mistake.

Simple idea, I want to know why these highly educated doctors didn't think of this a hundred years ago?

CTD