PDA

View Full Version : Polks Fokker Triplane question

idealhobbies
08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm putting mine together...minus the instructions that they failed to send me...and I am trying to figure out where the heck to put my lipo for my electric conversion. I'll be using a 11.1v 2200mah lipo. Where did you guys put it without being a pain and having to unscrew a bunch of screws at the field? The only place that I could find was under the center wing, and that requires undoing a lot of screws. Pictures would be most helpful.

Anything that I need to know as I put this puzzle together? A link to instructions would be awesome, as I could not find anything.

idealhobbies
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm also wondering if this plane is re-bagged by anyone. I have not found a 40" wingspan triplane anywhere else. UPS was kind enough to crush my top wing, and I am attempting repair. I'm wondering if there is another anywhere in case I can't fix this one.

dbcisco
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Polk is out of the RC business, these were made by them and no others. They were sold out of the Dr.1 a few weeks ago. You will probably have to repair it yourself. Try calling Polk and see if they have parts available. Don't use email, they never returned mine when I tried to get info on an order.

Capt.RJM
08-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Have yet to open my box which arrived in great shape and did not need further inspection. I will check and see if I have the assembly instructions and will scan and email to you.

Several other sites have a very detailed build on this very plane. Just do a search on Polk Hobby on the other board..

Capt.RJM

Capt.RJM
08-25-2009, 02:56 AM
On page 5 of the instructions...
(Battery -lipo - is placed in battery mount box fully foward to the back of the motor )

The pictures leave alot to be desired. But shoot me an email with a snail address and I will drop a copy of in the morning.

Damn,thats a big red plane,everything looks good in the box..

Capt.RJM

degreen60
08-25-2009, 04:38 AM

Damn,thats a big red plane,everything looks good in the box..

Capt.RJM

RED Triplane, Where is Marty???? LOL

idealhobbies
08-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the battery info. I have figured out the puzzle for the most part and have started the mounting of the electronics. I found a 38 page posting on RCGroups that has helped a bit. She's definately a heavy bird.