PDA

View Full Version : What are we powering our e-flite Jenny/S.E.5a/Nieuports with?

feynman
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
<I posted this same question on RCGroups, but thought I would ask here as well - that's not a breach of internet etiquette is it?>

I am about to snag a new Nieuport, and my friend the S.E.5a.

Aside from the obvious e-flite recommended Park 250, I am curious as to what my alternatives are (without having to get into modification of the plane to fit it).

I don't want any more performance necessarily, but I am curious about lesser cost or "better" drop-in replacements, whatever "better" would mean...

I would also like to hear about your ESC and prop choices as well.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

degreen60
09-01-2009, 11:58 AM
I have an AX-2306 in both my Jenny and Nieuport with a 7x6 prop. I mod the Jenny to use firewall mount. On the Nieuport I removed the front firewall and then drilled a hole in the bottom of the plywood firewall mount and also in a stick mount that came with the motor. I screwed the stick mount to the bottom plywood firewall mount. Quick and easy mod. AX-2306 are less than $8.

degreen60
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Here is where I got the motors. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5427&Product_Name=AX_2306N_1300kv_brushless_Micro_Motor
A couple of pictures the motor mounted in the Nieuport. Have to put a wedge under the stick mount to get down thrust.
No prop adapter is needed with this motor. The motor has a threaded shaft.

wattman
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Being simple , I have installed the motors and ESC ,props , as suggusted in the mfr manuals , for the Sopwith Pup , the SE5a , so far its been "better" , for me .

degreen60
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Here is the AX2306 mounted in my Jenny.

feynman
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have contacted Jeff at headsuprc and he's been really helpful. Sounds like I can get this all built for a lot less than using the e-flite hardware.

I appreciate it.

-mitch