PDA

View Full Version : Flying with wattflyer forum members

wattman
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Today I had the pleasure of meeting Degreen60 when he traveled through this area , :ws: , degreen60 has a lot of knowledge and modeling skills to share . All of the planes he had along have the pull pull systems on the tails of his WW1 planes , and he makes so many things for his planes , like his scratchbuilt triplane . It was really too windy to fly , but he flew the triplane anyway , I kept mine on the ground .
Some photos from today , only the Sopwith Pup and SE5a are mine , the rest are degreen60s .

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/Planestrainstrucks/rc%20planes%20and%20Degreen60/alliedplanesgatheredrezd.jpg

degreen60 landing the triplane
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/Planestrainstrucks/rc%20planes%20and%20Degreen60/Degreen60landingtriperezd.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u245/Planestrainstrucks/rc%20planes%20and%20Degreen60/Degreen60triperesized.jpg

CHELLIE
09-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi Wattman :ws: Yes, it sure is nice when you can get together with fellow Wattflyer members and go flying, I am very lucky to have the pleasure to fly with over a dozen Wattflyer members here in Chino, Calif. I helped to start a RC E Power Club, called the RC Chino Renegades, I just came back from flying with them this morning, I look Forwards to flying with my Club members during the weekend, We have a blast, Take care and have fun, Chellie

Don Sims
09-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Great looking planes! Looks like you two had a great time.

Rabbitcreekok
09-06-2009, 01:03 AM
That is a nice looking fleet of planes. It averages out to four wings per plane, just the way it is supposed to be. Those are a nice looking bunch of WWI airplanes.

You are correct, it is really nice to fly with fellow Wattflyers. I have the opportunity to do so fairly often.

gramps2361
09-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Yup nice looking fleet there glad you could meet a fellow wattflyer. I had that opportunity once so far. Nice to meet someone from here for me I learned alot that day whether he no's it or not. He has waaaay more time in this hobby, and build skill's than me.

degreen60
09-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Wattman is very kind. I build standoff scale, wayyyyyy standoff. I believe all modelers are artist, each builds to his own liking.

TDisaster
09-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Looks like fun! Boy, every time I see these WWI electrics, it just makes me want one more and more. Maybe I'll actually complete one of my scratch-builds for the competition this year and make one of those. :D

idealhobbies
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Flying with others is a lot more fun than flying by yourself. Good conversation, watching others do things, and people there to tell about your mistakes and take pictures. I'd much rather fly with others. I tend to get bored when I go out by myself.

degreen60
09-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Looks like fun! Boy, every time I see these WWI electrics, it just makes me want one more and more. Maybe I'll actually complete one of my scratch-builds for the competition this year and make one of those. :D

Find a 3 view you like, scale it to the size you want, tile print, cut out, and draw on foam. Glue it together and go fly your WW1 foam plane. Well it does take just a little more effort than that.

TDisaster
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Find a 3 view you like, scale it to the size you want, tile print, cut out, and draw on foam. Glue it together and go fly your WW1 foam plane. Well it does take just a little more effort than that.
I'd rather build up a balsa one.

I'm not too great when it comes to foam. :D

dbcisco
09-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Wattman is very kind. I build standoff scale, wayyyyyy standoff. I believe all modelers are artist, each builds to his own liking.
As my eyes get worse, my planes look better.:red:

max2112
09-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Cool pics, Wattman.
You don't see that many WW I birds in the same spot too often! :)

Flying with others is a lot more fun than flying by yourself. Good conversation, watching others do things, and people there to tell about your mistakes and take pictures. I'd much rather fly with others. I tend to get bored when I go out by myself.

Well said!
I was always a lone wolf until I hooked up w/ AnglerHi, CaptEasy, and GroundRushesUp back in Texas. It added a whole new layer to the hobby!
And just like you say, I learned from each of them.

I still like the peace of going out by myself sometimes, but that's just my nature.

degreen60
09-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Cool pics, Wattman.
You don't see that many WW I birds in the same spot too often! :)

And not a black cross in site. I guess the wind kept them grounded.

7car7
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
That tri-plane looks great! Not sure I've seen those angles of it before, it's very cool looking.

I also really enjoy flying with others when I get a chance (not often). The group that I go fly with has a couple guys that are into the WWI birds as well as I, and it's always something to see when we get 2 or 3 of them in the air at the same time.

Bub Steve
09-11-2009, 08:21 PM
MustangMan & I meet here on Watt-Flyer (WAA08 Hand-off), He's now one of my Best friends!:ws: We went to SEFF together and met SO MANY watt'ie's from here;-) ! Don & FiremanBill were like old Family to me :D, I can wait to see um all again at SEFF!! :ws:bubsteve

Don Sims
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Steve, as friendly as you are most anyone would be an old friend in three minutes!! ;)