PDA

View Full Version : Battery and Prop Help please

alienx
03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I am trying to decide what battery and prop I need for my Wattage C182. I have a Park 450BL outrunner that needs a battery. The only other part I need is a prop. The book says a 7x4 (I think), but the motor says 9 or 10x??.

Any insight into why you think the choices you suggest are correct would be great. This is something I don't understand. That is, how you decide what the appropriate combination of parts is so the model flys well and you don't overload your system and damage it. I've seen some discussions where people have siad that you can run at full throttle without burning it up. That is what I am worried about doing accidentally.

Thanks. Andy

TManiaci
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I am trying to decide what battery and prop I need for my Wattage C182. I have a Park 450BL outrunner that needs a battery. The only other part I need is a prop. The book says a 7x4 (I think), but the motor says 9 or 10x??.

The book has various recommendations so you can match the prop to the capacity of the battery and ESC you have. For a sport application like yours, you don't need monster power, but it's nice to make the most of the motor's capacity. Buy a lipo that can deliver at least 18 amps, and prop with the APC 11x4.7 SF. That will work really well for you. TP1320PL will work, but not long flight times. TP2100 will do well, but much heavier, better in wind, fly much longer but will be more prone to stalling. Decision time...

alienx
03-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks. I got a 2200 3S lipo rated at 12C. I also got 3 props (maybe one will work). They are all slow flyeirs from APC (8x6,7x4, 9x6). I only have about 5.25" from the hub to the ground, so I had to keep the diameter small. I think the 8x6 will be my first attempt.