PDA

View Full Version : Neat 2009 & "Seabee"

donjiskra
09-26-2009, 01:57 AM
It was reported that Jason Cole of Hobby Lobby flew a "Seabee" off water at the recent NEAT 2009 event.

Yesterday I wrote to the Customer Service Dept, at HL inquiring if they had plans to place this plane in their product line.
Response "Negative".............TOO BAD!!!!

buzzltyr
09-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Don, I'm surprised they aren't going to sell it. Whoever was flying it off the pond at NEAT was having an absolute blast doing touch and go's with it. If they aren't going to carry it, I would think someone else with a relationship with Graupner might.

Mark

donjiskra
09-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Mark,
Jason Cole, of Hobby Lobby, was doing the flying.
He does product research, evaluations and recommadtions, for HL.
He may indeed have had a blast but Marketing also has input.

Did you get a chance to talk to him?
What was your impression?

Thanks,
Don

Bill G
09-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I know it would add to cost and complexity, but I think a clear windshield and a bit more scale would help bring interest to the plane. They likely decided that it's too costly to sell to the foamie masses, for what it is. It's also a fine line between affordable and practical, and beautiful and scale. Who knows, someone like Guanli may "splash" this design and copy it, offering a low cost version. Considering that most of us tend to mod our foamies to our liking, a simple cheap foam plane would be a good starting point.

E-Challenged
09-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Opaque/painted windshields and side windows are one of my chief gripes about foamies/ARF's including the new PZ Stinson Reliant. Ugly mold marks on the wings and large cell foam tail surfaces also bother me. These uglers make them look more "toy-like" but realistic cabin structures probably add too much to cost.