PDA

View Full Version : Another WW1 video..Peter Rake EIII

watt_the?!
03-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Guys, this one has taken over the mantle as my favourite WW1 plane..

for a bunch of reasons. first off is how well it flies on 7.4V and a geared speed 300.

another reason is of course, those sexy lines of the EIII.

have a look at it fly. a Friend of mine has a number of them kitted and ready to go if ya'll want any.

4mb

http://www.totalerc.com/videos/EIIIBrad.wmv

Tim

jimmi
03-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Very nice flying, and I love the old vinatage look. What is he asking for the kits? Jimmi:cool:

Build the best, fly the best, crash the best....

watt_the?!
03-05-2006, 11:05 AM
thanks Jimmi. i like the vintage look too...they seem to be getting more scarce at fields these days so always get attention.

ill ask about the kits. I did mention to him that short kits might be better due to shipping from Australia.

I know he has full kits. Shipping is about $15 (i think). I'd guess around the $50mark.

Tim

turnwaldw
03-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I love the EIII I fly a 1/6 scale with a satio 65 but would love to have smaller one to fly in the field behind my house. Whats the size of it looks like a really good flyer.
Dave

watt_the?!
03-05-2006, 09:49 PM
yeah i do too. i had a K&W 1/5th eindekker with wing warping but it was just too big.

This one's only got a span of about 34 inches. What you see in the video is it flying in wind it probably shouldnt.

as it's so light, it does get buffeted a bit. But when there's no wind it's rock solid.

i really am impressed with it's flying characteristics...it is only R/E/T .

I"m going to send Benny an email to this thread. He should be able to answer some other Q's.

Tim

bennylaird
03-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Gudday Everyone, She's a Peter Rake design and is great fun if you like a bit of building. Tim forgot to mention that his has flown at 30,000 ft and about 500 knots as well so a seasoned flyer....

Will post more info as I get a chance.

Cheers Benny

ENUT
03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Nice video,"BUT PLEASE THE MUSIC HAS GOT TO GO:eek: "

ENUT

watt_the?!
03-17-2006, 11:08 PM
lol...i thought i'd do something different for this one...

its the girl form ipenema...a classic.

its hard to find something that suits ww1 types that isnt classical...

AND i havent used before.

lol.

Tim

Gordon
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Nice video,"BUT PLEASE THE MUSIC HAS GOT TO GO:eek: "

ENUT

Only if you want to hear the wind noise, the camera motor noise, and the gearbox noise! Otherwise, best to leave it as it is.

Ron
03-18-2006, 06:44 AM
Eindekker is a great flying model as are most of the Fokkers....I built mine in 1998, and it has literally hundreds of flights on it....it's a model that just won't " go away" it's a little larger and flies on 10 cells, but if Pete's is anything at all like he usually does it's a good one.

jimmi
03-18-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought the music was aight, don't think hard rock or country would of fit the bill for that type of plane LoL Very well done. Jimmi:cool:

They say its mind over matter, but if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter....

PETERRAKE
04-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Okay, So I'm a little late getting in on the act. Personally, I reckon something good and heavy would go quite nicely with the clip. A little Sabbath or Rainbow might not go amiss. It's what was playing while the model was being designed.

Pete

zappedalaskan
04-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Very nice scale design. It looked like it was just floating in the breeze.
Pete,
Very nice design!
Benny,
Nice kit!
Tim,
Nice flying (As usual) When I watch a video of yours, I am always curious what song will be playing in the background. One of my favs was the F-117 stealth video with "back in black" in the BG.
Great plane gentleman!
Happy landings,
Jay

tim hooper
04-22-2006, 08:30 AM
A little Sabbath or Rainbow might not go amiss. It's what was playing while the model was being designed.

Pete

You closet rocker, you! :eek:

tim

PETERRAKE
04-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Tim,
Nothing closet about it mate, a head-banger of long standing.

Pete

WWI Ace
04-23-2006, 04:07 AM
Hey Pete!! I like Motorhead and Iron Maiden. Steve.

bennylaird
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Just out of the car after driving to work with Deep Purple, Smoke on the Water cranked up!!!!!

PETERRAKE
04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
There you go then, what more evidence is needed that a certain class of modeller is heavily into heavy metal. Benny, cranked up is the ONLY way to play it mate. I don't think they ever bettered Black Knight though. SOTW probably comes a close second though.

Steve,
Iron Maiden never seemed quite heavy enough for my taste. I do like Motorhead though. Thought their Orgasmatron album was great and have the vinyl double album No Remorse in its' leather sleeve.
Anyone else remember Girlschool? They made one single with Motorhead and about three good albums.

Okay. so we're a little off topic but we were discussing a soundtrack for Tim's video. Shame it isn't a Gotha, otherwise Bomber (Motorhead track)would have been pretty good. No, I'm not going to draw one up just to make use of the track.

Pete

bennylaird
04-26-2006, 12:00 AM
SOTW has to be the best RIFF ever lol, Black Night and Woman from Tokyo also get a flogging. And then lights dimmed, headphones on in a bean bag, nice Scotch in hand. Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon.:cool:

Have to build another EIII now, but I'm a slave to work these days. Doing my Masters and everything else has cut any time for modelling. But I know I'll be back one day soon.

bennylaird
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Took yor advice on the drive in this morning Pete, Black Night with the bass up and all 10 speakers straining, wakes up the passers by at 6.30am, lol.

watt_the?!
04-27-2006, 02:14 AM
off topic, yes...but on the new topic..

http://www.totalerc.com/videos/f117maiden.wmv

bennylaird
04-27-2006, 02:19 AM
off topic, yes...but on the new topic..

http://www.totalerc.com/videos/f117maiden.wmv

Lots of music but couldn't see anything on my RADAR?

What was it?

(Litespan on its way as soon as I can find it Tim, sorry mate, it's in hiding in my shed somewhere)