PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Models; Hawker Hurricane, Sea Fury, Dh Mosquito, more!

Sky Sharkster
03-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Galaxy Models is a U.K. based hobby shop and supplier that has a great line of models and accessories, including several that will be of interest to "Warbird" fans. Under "Aircraft", then "Galaxy Kits" you will find the Hawker "Hurricane" + "Sea Fury", both 44" wingpan models, both designed for .25 glow motors, easily converted to electric power. Price in Euros E 51.99, the handy home page converter tells me this is $ 61.53 U.S. There is an ME 163 "Komet' for 480 power and 8 cell, U.S. $ 48.10. WWII Twins include the Westland "Whirlwind" 48" W.S., for (2) 400/480's and 7/8 sub-C's, $ 66.13 U.S., and the famous Dh "Mosquito". The "Mossie" is made for (2) 480 motors and features a 48" W.S., foam/veneered wings, plastic moulded nacalles and canopy plus full hardware pack. E 64.99 = U.S.$78.16.
Listed under "ARTF Electric/Glider" are a JU-87 "Stuka" 39.5" W.S. with 480 cobalt motor and a 37" AT-6 "Texan" also with 480 cobalt.
Under "ARTF + Scale" you'll find scads (yes, "scads" is a real number, it's 1/2 of "Gazillions") of larger glow-designed ARF's like the "Sola Models" MIG-3 (62", .46-.50 glow), P-38 "Lightning" , A-26 "Invader".
Seagull Models featured are the P-51 "Mustang", "Zero", AT-6 "Texan" ("Harvard" in the U.K.) PT-19, F4-2 "Corsair" and JU-87 "Stuka".
Also (see, I told you there were "scads!") the C-130 "Transall" and Focke Wulf-190.
I must thank Gary at Galaxy Models for his quick reply to my email inquiring about shipping prices to the U.S. He states that " Cost of sending parcels to the states is quite high, the average kit like the "Sea Fury" etc would be about E 40.00". This would put the total cost of the $ 60.00 kits to slightly over $ 100.00 U.S., still not out of line for a quality product. They have an extensive line of accessories and other models like gliders, powered gliders, aerobatic/3D aircraft, glow, scale and more. Check it out!
http://www.galaxymodels.co.uk/new/index.asp
Ron

tommytorino
03-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Nice Find, however I dont see a Hurricane listed, just a Typhoon and a Sea Fury???

Sky Sharkster
03-19-2006, 03:59 AM
Hi Tommy, You're Right! Guess my notes got mixed up; I had "Hawker" and ad-libbed the rest. It's the Typhoon. Sorry about that!
Ron

tommytorino
03-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Ron

When someone says "Hurricane" my ears go up, so to speak!

The Mossy looks nice, but with a JR models up in the attic still, Ill have to pass on this one as well.

Tommy D

panzerd18
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
I have the ME163.

Havn't built it yet.

easytiger
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't quite understand this plug. It sounds like an ad.

I am familiar with Galaxy Models, they make some nice stuff, but shipping is prohibitive on their own line of kits to the USA. They make a very decent range of original stuff.

But the other stuff...it's all available here in the USA for less. I mean, you are quoting widely available stuff. Wattage Stuka? It's what, $59, from Wattage? VQ Mig 3, Seagull Models....are you saying I should import them from england?
And accessories, too?

I just am not "getting" this post. Why is a moderator posting an ad, one that very much READS like an ad, for this company? Did you have some business with them?

I have nothing against Galaxy models, I think they are great, but what IS this?

Jeremy Z
03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't quite understand this plug. It sounds like an ad.

:confused: Me either.

Sky Sharkster
03-23-2006, 04:59 AM
To Easytiger, it is unfortunate that you "Don't get it". It's called a "Link" It's information. You don't object to information, do you?
I regret that you found my enthusisam for a supplier of unusual and sometimes hard-to-find model kits, sounding like a "plug" or an "ad". Your dislike for any commercially-oriented postings is well documented.
I in no way intended for you or anyone else to order items that are easily available in the US, from Galaxy. I merely documented that Galaxy carried them. Did you know that we have readers and members in the United Kingdom? Perhaps every one of those readers already knew every product that Galaxy carries. Perhaps not. There may be readers in other countries that have supplies shipped from the UK. Their costs may be less than shipping from the US, even if it's for a US-made product. Do you object to my providing Galaxys' info to them?
I made it clear that the shipping cost to the US was high. To make sure I was providing accurate information, before I posted, I e-mailed Galaxy and asked for a (rough) price of shipping one typical kit. Gary was kind enough to send me the price quickly and I thanked him in my post, as well as quoting his e-mail. More information. The way to make wise choices is to have as much accurate information on hand as possible.
I have made many posts here and other Forums regarding new or unusual products, suppliers, downloads, links or items of interest to that specific Forum. When you found the Raidentech P-38 I posted it here and gave you credit. Was that an "Ad"? I've posted links to new Warbirds from Wingermodels, Dumas, Dymond, Balsa Products, HobbyPeople, SmallRc and others.
You are entitled to your opinions and have made it clear what you think of my post. I have no problem with that. Hopefully I have made it equally clear what I think of your opinion.
Ron

Rugar
03-23-2006, 06:32 AM
I just am not "getting" this post. Why is a moderator posting an ad, one that very much READS like an ad, for this company? Did you have some business with them?

Just what does Ron being a Moderator have to do with anything? Are you saying that if he was not a Moderator that you wouldn't have a problem with what he posted? I have said it before, but I will repeat it again. I am first and foremost a Member of this forum and should be free to post whatever I want within the rules of the site as all the Moderators are. I am secondly a Moderator to help enforce the rules of this forum which only a select FEW try to push right up to the very edge.

easytiger
03-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Just what does Ron being a Moderator have to do with anything? Are you saying that if he was not a Moderator that you wouldn't have a problem with what he posted? I have said it before, but I will repeat it again. I am first and foremost a Member of this forum and should be free to post whatever I want within the rules of the site as all the Moderators are. I am secondly a Moderator to help enforce the rules of this forum which only a select FEW try to push right up to the very edge.

Well, you are right, it does not matter whether he is a moderator or not. I stand corrected.

easytiger
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
:confused: Me either.

Obviously, I am not the only one to regard this post as strange and suspect.

So it's not just me being paranoid.