PDA

View Full Version : Firebird Freedom vs. Commander

Starmoon
03-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok...These planes seem similar in size....but the convential highwing design of the commander vs the low wing of the freedom makes me think that this plane is a better trainer. I Love this hobby, (the 30 secs I was airborne was the most fun I'd had w/my clothes on) and want to know the better trainer...

Thanks in advance...

Matt Kirsch
03-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I really wouldn't consider the Freedom as a "low wing." Sure, it's lower as in closer to the centerline of the airplane, but a true low wing plane has the wing below the fuselage.

The main advantage to the Freedom is that it's 3-channel, allowing the pilot to directly control the pitch of the airplane, as well as steering and throttle. Both the commander and freedom are "Zone 1" airplanes, meaning they're designed for the rank beginner with no flying experience. Both planes have built-in stabilization so that all you need to do is let go of the sticks if you get into trouble.

Starmoon
03-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Darn!!! I just realized my reciever cord is cut, and someone told me that if the reciever is cut then the plane won't fly well at all.....now I need a new fuselage!!

AEAJR
03-12-2006, 02:32 AM
YOu don't need a new fuselage if you can use a soldering iron. Do you want to fix this or do you want to buy a new fuselage?

Starmoon
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't have a lot of skill with a soldering iron...but I did fix my fuse with some wooden dowling, and some epoxy!!! I'll be airborne in no time!