PDA

View Full Version : Parkzone P-51 Receiver Burnout?

Grasshopper
03-08-2006, 04:29 AM
I've got a Parkzone P-51 that I have yet to maiden till I get used to flying again (Been away fron the sticks for a few years). I was talking to another PZ P-51 owner that said he's crashed 3 of them because there is a problem with the receiver burning out. He says PZ is aware but won't do anything about it. Has anyone here had this problem? If so, is there a fix? I hate to toss it into the air just to take home a bag of foam scraps.

Tom

Piperfan
03-08-2006, 08:30 PM
One of our club members has one of these planes. He lost control of his due to the battery connector. :mad: The Tamiya plug found on this model eventualy will become loose and not make a good connection as you connect and disconnect this plug repeatedly. :( I recommend putting a deans connector or other high quality connector into the plane. :) I have not heard that the receiver burning out. :confused: You could upgrade all the substandard electrics to reliable hardware. :cool: I have heard other pilots doing this. Unfortunately you always run the risk of loosing a plane not matter what the cause. :eek: My recommendation? Don't fall in love with any plane. Like em a lot. But don't love em cause sooner or later they will meet the ground. And in the contest between planes and the ground, the ground has yet to loose. :rolleyes:
Planes = 0
Ground = still counting

Grasshopper
03-08-2006, 10:01 PM
That's interesting. You are absolutely correct about loving your planes. In all my modeling experience, I've found that it's not the fall that hurts them. It's the sudden deceleration at the end.

Thanks,

Tom

Grasshopper
03-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Piperfan, Is that a picture of your mustang under your name? Is it a Hobby Lobby P-51? I think that is one of the best paint schemes on a P-51. I absolutely love it!!!! I almost bought one just because of the colors.

K CLOSE
03-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Grasshopper,
Park Zone has GREAT customer support. I do agree that they know what fails, but they back it up. The postings are endless about what goes wrong with them, but I think they sell a LOT of those planes so I would be intrested in seeing a sold to failure ratio. My suggestion is range test and pre-flight it just as you would any model; and then just enjoy it. Above all else with this plane---remember it is a P-51 and it flies like all P-51's. In my opinion their all a bit of a handfull.
Enjoy!