PDA

View Full Version : HELP! - adLRK Wind Question

wingnutt
12-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I have wound a number of dLRK motors, but never an adLRK. This particular wind is a 17 turn (9 turns then 8 turns counter). Does the placement of the turns matter? Currently the winding scheme for each leg is…

Start –> 8 Turns -> 9 Turns -> crossover stator tube -> 9 Turns -> 8 Turns -> End

Is this OK?

Should the 9 Turn Tooth always be the primary tooth followed by the 8 Turn? For example…

Start –> 9 Turns -> 8 Turns -> crossover stator tube -> 9 Turns -> 8 Turns -> End

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

wingnutt
12-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone?

I currently have it terminated 'Wye' and all three phases give the same VAC out when spun. Personally, I dont see how my current setup would be a bad thing, especially if I want to run the motor both directions.

Is an adLRK motor a single direction motor?

timocharis
12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Does the placement of the turns matter? Currently the winding scheme for each leg is…

Start –> 8 Turns -> 9 Turns -> crossover stator tube -> 9 Turns -> 8 Turns -> End

Is this OK? It's not super important but your current setup is usually favored. A setup resulting in 88998899 such as you currently have will have more teeth that match each other. On the other hand, another school argues that the 8989 result will be more even.

In terms of measured results, however, it doesn't seem to matter at all. I've tried both ways and can't really tell the difference.

And no, rotational direction doesn't matter.

Dave

wingnutt
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the response! Feel much better about it now. I tested the motor and was within 0.01VAC on each pair when driven at 3000 rpm. the motor runs great with 'Wye' termimation - very smooth throttle response. This is the last AXI i will ever rewind. Too much work to unwind and prep for rewinding.