PDA

View Full Version : Charger wont stop charging NIMH's ! Hot!!

Epowerreg
03-12-2006, 03:34 AM
Ive tried the Triton and also the Mulitplex LN 1014 I have CBP and GP 2,000 cells in my hotliner after about 2 flights the 3 rd time I go to charge my batteries the charger wont stop charging very scary no peak detected at all with th CBP 2500's and also the GP 2,000's the CBP fried .. melted the label..ouch thanks in advance..

Jason T
03-12-2006, 01:45 PM
What is your cutoff voltage setting in the hotliner for the packs?
After each flight do you let the pack cool before starting to charge it?

Epowerreg
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
The cut off voltage was .7 yesterday...I let them cool for 30 minutes thought...it was only an 8 cell pack of brand new GPs.on and axi with 12 X 6 graupner.So hot Batteries can make a charger never shut off? with the Triton charger I never got a peak or auto shut off unless the pack was way down it wouldnt peak a pack that was partially charged.and the TRiton melted the labels on my CBP NMIH ..my LN 5014 is acting the same way..
Charging GP 2000 mah cells at 2.2 amps get hot in 34 minutes
Charging CBP 2100 mah cells at 2.5 amps get smoking hot in 38 minutes

charging cables are speaker wire...not too small looking..charging directly from car battery terminals...checked all cells with speed 500 motor no dead cells in either pack..

Jason T
03-13-2006, 01:54 AM
I am not necessarily saying that hot batteries will cause the charger to never shut off. Not really sure on this one. Have you checked your charging leads to make sure everything has a good connection?

bhchan
04-16-2006, 07:59 AM
I think there is something wrong with your charger, was the setting on Nimh instead of nicad?

GP2000 @2.2 amp would take almost an hour to charge. And should not get hot as you are only charging at 1C.

I would send the charge to ahve someone check it out or get a new charger. The triton is not the best charger but should wor ok.

Brian, an EAJ