PDA

View Full Version : GP Electrifly Nieuport 11

barmonkey
12-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has an Electrifly Nieuport 11 yet. Hopefully, I will get mine on Monday!

I am not a huge Nieuport fan...not that I don't like them, but rather I prefer Spads, Albatroses (Alabatri?) and Fokkers. But something about this plane has charmed me somehow. Some bonuses for me: It has the best looking WWI pilot I have seen; A good representation of a Lewis gun; and looks to be an easy and quick build...I also have all the parts needed to finish it on hand!

degreen60
12-18-2009, 05:37 AM
You need to make it into a flying fish

barmonkey
12-18-2009, 06:24 AM
For the love of Eight Pound, Six Ounce, Newborn Baby Jesus...No! :rolleyes:

You did a fine and daring tribute Don...but no fish plane for me...unless I can put floats on it :D

79CJ
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I know the e-flite is designed to have the motor spin with the prop, I woud like to see someone do this on the Nieuport, Camel, or Dr.I. - Or maybe someone has and I haven't seen it.

degreen60
12-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I know the e-flite is designed to have the motor spin with the prop, I woud like to see someone do this on the Nieuport, Camel, or Dr.I. - Or maybe someone has and I haven't seen it.

I attached the plastic motor to my brushless on my Eflite Nieuport but with the down and side angle of the brushless the motor did not look right and can't be seen while flying so I took it off the brushless and attached it to the cowl. I made a foam motor for my MS-L where the motor can be seen at the open bottom of the cowl while flying.

79CJ
12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
That looks great. With the open cowl of the N.11, I think that type of set up would really stand out.

Have you ever lost a cylinder while running?

degreen60
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
That looks great. With the open cowl of the N.11, I think that type of set up would really stand out.

Have you ever lost a cylinder while running?

I made this engine by enlarging a printed paper model I found on the net. I did not have to use the printed crankcase but used the bell on the motor. I played with the size of the paper model till the part the cylinders glue on just fit wrapped around the bell of a 2410 motor. First time I just glued one layer of paper around the bell and glued the cylinders on. Over half the paper came loose and ripped off the motor with the cylinders. I was hunting cylinders all over the room. Next I cut the cylinder holder twice as long so it is now wrapped twice around the bell and glued to both the bell and itself. The cylinders are printed paper wrapped around foam. They do no damage if they do come off and if I loose one in the air the first thing I notice is the noise it makes hitting something as it spins with the motor. Once it flys off you can not even tell it is gone till seeing the missing cylinder on landing. I think the only reason I loose one is it got knocked loose on landing the time before. I make a lot of things using the printed paper models, motors, guns, and even planes. You just enlarge the paper model to the size you need and glue on foam. If want to make a plane and don't want the paper glued on the foam, you can use the enlarge model as a cutting guide to cut the foam.

barmonkey
12-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Picked up the Nieuport today! Everything is intact. Aside from a very small bit of ironing out of some small bubbles and a slightly warped Aileron there's nothing wrong with the contents. The Aileron should straighten out with some shrinking of the covering. I pieced some of the major parts together, and everything fits quite nicely.

As I said before, I am very happy that they made a nice replica Lewis gun for this kit. So kudos to you Great Planes for that. It is so much better than those sticks that came with the Fokker D.VII and Dr.I...not to mention that ugly thing which came with the S.E.5 and also the failure to include a Lewis gun with the S.E.5! The pilot is a much better piece to boot...with a little work it could be made to very convincing. So Great Planes, you better be producing a lot of those Lewis guns and pilot busts as they will certainly be hot items!!!

I am still not happy with the choice of silver for the main wings. As far as I know the early Nieuports had a linen clear doped coverings, and the silver dope wasn't introduced until the N.17 was introduced. At any rate, I don't plan to change anything. It's a pretty good looking scheme in my opinion. However, IF catastrophe strikes I will certainly come up with something different!

I was going to post some pics of the contents of my box...but Tower has some very nice pics on their web-site...I may as well repost them here.

If anyone wants a pic of anything in particular I will be happy to post some in that case.

7car7
12-23-2009, 05:51 PM
WOw, you're not kidding. That Lewis and Pilot are a nice improvement. Might need one of those pilots for my planes.

It is a good looking kit. As far as the silver, I wonder, could it have been applied at a later date as sort of a customizing thing like so many pilots did back then?

79CJ
12-23-2009, 06:11 PM
A lot of the pictures I have seen of this plane modeled have the natural tan surfaces on the wings. I don't know if he ended up painting them silver or not.

My guess is that they did the silver like a N.17 and didn't notice the difference. With that fuse, I can't imagine they thought it looked too plain with tan wings!

degreen60
12-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Did the pilot scarf come with the plane or did you make it? If you made it what did you use?

degreen60
12-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Here is a URL with 5 painted pictures of Lt. Aramd de Turenne plane.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/112/21/1/5_b1

Some of the artist made the wings tan others silver. Some have the Turenne coat of arm with a black horn others with a gold horn. One even says the front of the plane was not blue. If you don't like the silver wings paint them with a light tan or linen. I use acrylic craft paint and put it on with brush, for large surface like the wing I use a wide foam brush. I thin the paint with window cleaner. It is what I painted my GP SE5A with.

7car7
12-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Did the pilot scarf come with the plane or did you make it? If you made it what did you use?

It looks to me like it's the same one used by GP for the Fokker DR1 pilot's scarf. It's way too stiff and thick for my taste. I just use a strip of plastic grocery bag. More scale like feel.

WWI Ace
12-24-2009, 11:08 PM
I hate them for making a plane that I started building from a short kit!!!! Steve

7car7
12-24-2009, 11:51 PM
I hate them for making a plane that I started building from a short kit!!!! Steve

Yours will be lighter, more scale like flight.

-boot
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
I have their pilot in my D7. I used silk to simulate the silk scarf.

degreen60
12-25-2009, 07:34 PM
It looks to me like it's the same one used by GP for the Fokker DR1 pilot's scarf. It's way too stiff and thick for my taste. I just use a strip of plastic grocery bag. More scale like feel.

Maybe it is the way I am attaching the scarf. I tied a piece of plastic grocery bag around the pilot neck and it was stiff like it was being held out by the wind. I have tried different cloths and they did the same thing. I haven't tried silk yet, hmmmmm wonder what the wife has that is silk I can steal.

-boot
12-26-2009, 04:18 AM
I have a very thin Thai silk I use to "glass' Foam arf's with using WBPU. Can't think of the web address right now but it's really thin stuff. My housekeeper is also a seamstress so She folded over a strip of it and sewed the edges so no raggedy edges show. If I can get My camera working I'll try to get a shot of it.

WWI Ace
12-26-2009, 04:46 AM
I sure hope my 11 comes out lighter!!! Steve

barmonkey
12-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Figured I would post an update on my "build". I decided to go with an alternate "winter camo" scheme....Happy Holidays =)

degreen60
12-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Figured I would post an update on my "build". I decided to go with an alternate "winter camo" scheme....Happy Holidays =)

And you were complaining about silver wings. Course I like it, very colorful, just what I look for, and authenic too, Lt. Frosty Snowman's plane. He only flys during the winter months.

7car7
12-28-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm trying to figure out what kind of field one would be in to have that camo effective.

Strawberry fields?

degreen60
12-28-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm trying to figure out what kind of field one would be in to have that camo effective.

Strawberry fields?

North Pole

WWI Ace
12-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Will the wings melt in the sun? Steve

degreen60
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM

Chocolate wings covered in paper? Keep them away from my wife.

barmonkey
12-29-2009, 03:33 AM

How did you know I rebuilt the wing in chocolate? =)
It should work out pretty good...if I crash and break the wing I can drown my sorrow in a tasty treat!

barmonkey
12-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Figured I should update on the "Put Together" process.

The good news is...there isn't really any bad news! Everything went together as it should...can't think of anything that caused me any headaches...save for robbing the D.VII of some of it's components...it did put up a bit of a fight!

I suppose I do have one minor complaint. The cockades (roundels) are a bit off center. These are put on at the factory using 3 separate pieces of MonoKote (red, white, and blue naturally). The two on the top wing are pretty close...one would have to measure to be sure they are off. The two on the underside of the top wing are another story. One had a lot of bubbles and wrinkles that were impossible to remove...the other has the white circle placed just a little bit aft of center...but the blue circle is way aft of the center line. Fortunately, this isn't that noticeable with everything put together. This almost gave me the perfect excuse to recover the wings...but, alas the LHS didn't have any cream MoneyKote in stock.

Was hoping for a New Years maiden but the weather isn't looking good. Some other reports show that it is a very capable flier, and I just have an overall good feeling about this one!

degreen60
12-31-2009, 04:30 AM
This almost gave me the perfect excuse to recover the wings...but, alas the LHS didn't have any cream MoneyKote in stock.

Get out a paint brush and some acrylic paint. Thats what I use to change color on my coverings. I just use what ever color covering I have on hand and paint to the color I want. Gets rid of that shiney coat too. For roundles go to Staples, buy a pack of white sticker paper, find a color laser printer(water proof) and print your own. Ink jet will work if you coat with clear or don't fly with the dew on. If you don't have file of the roundle you want, tell me the color and size and I will make you a file.

brutus251
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I just ordered the cream mono kote from Towe# ,tomorrow I start stripping the covering off the fuse etc.. Im thinking about doing a pull pull rudder, elevator system. I cant find any correct size control horns,if any one knows where I can get some let me know. I have a Powerline N 17 kit hanging around maybe there are some in the box as it has a PP system . Unfortunatly the kit looks nothing like a Nieuport anything!!!! If I cant find the right ones Ill just do the recover. Its going to be the scheme of the N11 that was captured by the Austro Hungarians . The Gaetan Marie web page has a great illustration of it and a bunch of others. Wish me luck. If anyone wants pics. let me know,Ill take some as I go along. B

degreen60
03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Im thinking about doing a pull pull rudder, elevator system. I cant find any correct size control horns,if any one knows where I can get some let me know.

It is easy to make P-P control horns. Just cut an L out of what ever you can find that will make a good horn with both legs the same length. Drill holes in both legs the same distance from the end. I use 1/16 inch thick plastic for most of mine. I have used old electronic circuit board taken out of junk electronic device. Here is a URL if you want to buy some. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8608&Product_Name=Plastic_R/C_plane_part_10x30x20_(10pcs/set)

brutus251
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the help,Im thinking if Im going to do the PP system Ill probably make my own because I would like it to be as close to scale a possable. The biggest thing is the lack of time I have to do this,Ive had the kit for a while but not the time. One way or the other it will get done,I was checking out the covering on the N11 and Im surprized at how thin it is.I recoverd my Electrifly Fokker DV11 but I dont remember the covering being that thin.Anyhow if you want me to keep you updated let me know and THANKS again. B

79CJ
03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
We all want more than updates - we're gonna want pictures!

brutus251
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
We can do pics. Im going to start on it this afternoon,Ill have pics. tonight. B

brutus251
03-03-2010, 02:35 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0023-2.jpgI got the fuse stripped. It was easy,almost too easy. The key was to run the iron over the covering quickly. As long as the surface was not hot just warm the covering just peeled off. There is only one small spot where some glue stuck to the wood along with red coloring. I got lucky on the rudder as I need it to be white and all I had to do was peel off the blue and red covering and the white was left.I found the PP horns in the box from the Powerline N17 so at least that kit was worth something.Im hoping to get it finished by Sunday,all I really need are some iron crosses of the right size. Here is a shot of the fuse. B

degreen60
03-03-2010, 04:21 AM
I can make you a file to print the crosses if you have a printer and want to make stickers to glue on. Or if you have decal paper you can use that too. Just need to know which style of cross and what size.

brutus251
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
I appreciate that,Ill get some measurements. I think they are actually called Maltese crosses. Like the ones on the Electrifly DR1. Thanks. B

79CJ
03-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Nice, it looks like it came off really clean. Looking forward to see how it comes out in the new finish.

brutus251
03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Well I finally got it covered and the crosses on it.Its all put together and ready to go. The only thing left to do is add the #s but I wont get around to that for a few days. This is the only shot I have now,Ill take a few more as soon as the batts in the camera recharge.I want to thank DGREEN60 for his help with the markings. http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0027-1.jpg

brutus251
03-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I had to scratch the PP rudder and elevator ,bad planing on my part.I have anothe N11 in the box waiting to be built,that one will have the PP system as Ill have the time to figure out how to do it properly.Im going to use .5mm carbon rod for the flying wires on the next one,it really looks like wires would add a lot to the look of this plane.I should have pics. by tonight.B

brutus251
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Heres a shot of it as it sits,I still have to do the trim around the bottom wing and the fuse along with adding the #s. B http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0035.jpg

brutus251
03-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Just one mhttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0034.jpgore from the front. B

WWI Ace
03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Nice looking re-cover job!!! Steve

brutus251
03-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Steve,Ive got two more recovers in mind,one is a DV11 and the other a SPAD,I just need to find the time.B

79CJ
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Nice work, looks great!

brutus251
03-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Almost finished,I got the weathering and trim done,Im thinking of doing a yin yang thing on the wheels,I did that on my DV11 and it looks real nice.Just waiting on the ESC to finish the electronics and get it in the air. Bhttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0010_00.jpg

brutus251
03-10-2010, 10:08 PM
One more view.Anyone have any ideas for a DV11 recover?Ive got the Electrifly DV11 kit on the bench ready for stripping.B http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/roberto139/000_0012_00.jpg

ArneH
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
She is a real beauty! Will be even more beautiful with some wire rigging on the wings. Sure it is not necessary. But will be the finishing touch.

brutus251
03-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Im going to add the wires,I just dont know weather Ill use kevlar thread or .5 mm carbon rod. B

degreen60
03-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Im going to add the wires,I just dont know weather Ill use kevlar thread or .5 mm carbon rod. B

I would use a cheap thread cause they are for show only. On my GP SE5A I have a heavy thread run as brace wires. I have the thread tied to a rubber band just in front of the wings hidder by the hatch cover that keeps the thread tight.

brutus251
03-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Don,I was thinking kevlar because it doesnt have that fuzzy look.I used thread on my EFLITE N17 but it looks bogus. I know its not a " SCALE" plane but every little bit helps.I just talked to the wife and she said there are all kinds of thred that isnt "fuzzy":roll: .What the hell do I know about thread?I guess Ill head out to the craft store this week and see what they have.Thanks. Brutus

dbcisco
03-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Waxed thread looks like braided cable.

brutus251
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Is that something I can find easily? B

degreen60
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
My father-in-law was an upholster. I have lots of 2 differant sizes of upholstery thread that I use on my planes. PM me your mailing address and I will send you some to try. I use it for both brace wires and p-p lines.

dbcisco
03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't know where you can buy it now. I've had my spool for about 30 years, used to use it to wrap wiring in real aircraft. However, you can rub beeswax on regular thread. Nice beeswax for this is available at fly-tying shops.

degreen60
03-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Here is a picture of how I run the brace wire on my GP SE5A. I used black heavy thread on the wings and light brown thread on the tail planes. The wing brace wire is one piece. I run it around all the wing supports, under the wing(hidden by axle), and tied to a rubber band(orange) at the front of the lower wing and covered by the closed hatch. I mailed you both threads.

brutus251
03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
THANK YOU DON!! I appreciate it. Ive got the wing wire schematic down so its just a matter of doing it. Ill post a pic. or two when its done. Again ,Thanks. Brutus

brutus251
06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Hi guys,Ive been quite busy the past few weeks so I havent had much time to model or fly. I finally got the N11 airborn,what a handfull. It seems that by letting it sit in the sun while flying other planes the covering on the elevator tightened enough to warp it to the point that all it did was climb.Got it down in one piece and it looked like a 10 degree upsweep in the elevator.Its back to normal now so hopefully if it stops raining Ill give it another go this weekend.I used the thread DGreen60 sent me to wire it up and it looks real nice. The DV11 bit the dust ,not real bad but enough to have to do a recover ..........TOO BAD hehehehe... I had a hornet buzzing me while flying, it almost made it down safely but I jerked away from the bee and in she went from about 3 feet up,just enough to break the n strut and push it thru the wing. The fuse seemed to twist a bit and it was cracked where it joins the bottom wing so recover time it is.I just started the Hangar 9 Fokker DV11 build yesterday ,got the flying swords and crosses off and started doing the white background for the Maltese crosses. The Monokote I bought must be old or something,as soon as I applied heat it stuck to the point of not being able to remove it.Ive got a 60 size exceed motor from hobbypartz for power.Well enough babbling,time to build.B

WWI Ace
06-12-2010, 01:09 AM
I know what you mean!! I'm working ALOT which is better than a few months ago when I was working 32hrs a week!! Been flying once. The rest of what little free time I've had I have been flying my EXI450 heli in the front yard!! Hope to get time off soon!! Gotta go help the wife get her car ready for the car show tomorrow. Catch me up on things guys!!

scalercflyer
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Boy Steve I know what you mean! :eek: No flying for me so far this year! :mad: Busy working on the weekends and no time on Sunday :mad: . I'm not sure, but I think the witches are purposly keeping me busy with other things so I can't find the time to fly! :eek:;) Maybe I'll get a chance to fly my Eflite SE5a soon. I know of a ball park I can fly at towards the evening. Marty

brutus251
08-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi guys,I started building my second N11,I want to do it in the version it comes in. The problem is the kit doesnt have the decals and the wires to mount the gun arent there either ,no directions either but I have the old ones so thats no problem.. I guess Ill have to see if they will send me the missing parts. In the mean time the build is coming along nicely.Did anyone else have missing parts? B

brutus251
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I found the decals from my old kit so thats done,just need the gun wires. B

brutus251
08-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I just got back from the maiden flight of the N11 and it was smooth as silk. A couple of clicks of right ailerons and it performed flawlessly. On the other hand I also tried the other N11,the one I did in the white Austro Hungarian theme and it just will NOT fly!!!! Its the same kit,same weight,same CG ,motor esc combo but it just will not fly right.:confused:Im going to go thru it one more time then its going to be wall art if it wont fly.Anybody else have problems with this plane??? Im stumped,if its not at 90% power it just slugs along bobbing up and down,jerking to the left or right etc. keeping it at about 75% makes it almost manageable but not quite.The SE5A,DV11,SPAD,DR1 all fly at half throttle without so much as a twitch"excluding wind" but not this one,again Im stumped. HELP! B

degreen60
08-28-2010, 07:55 PM
I had a plane that flew good. After a crash it was twitchy with the same COG. I added a small weight to the nose and now it is back flying fine. I guess the rebuild changed the plane enough it wanted the COG moved forward. I would make sure all the servos are good and mounted solid. Check for any flying surface loose and able to move. If all checks good add a little weight to the nose.

SHADY
08-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I had a plane that flew good. After a crash it was twitchy with the same COG. I added a small weight to the nose and now it is back flying fine. I guess the rebuild changed the plane enough it wanted the COG moved forward. I would make sure all the servos are good and mounted solid. Check for any flying surface loose and able to move. If all checks good add a little weight to the nose.

I agree, mt SE5a was the same way, also after my Apprentice was repaired, I had to add weight to the front to keep it from popping nose up at the slightest little upward elevator....

brutus251
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
This one has never crashed! It hasnt ever flown correctly! Ive added weight,removed weight and checked all the moveable surfaces,everything is the way it should be. Ive got all the same components in both and one flys fine the other is a nightmare.One thing I just noticed while checking it out is the receiver is the Spektrum 500 series and the others are the 600 series. The last thing Im going to try is swapping receivers and if that doesnt do it its becoming wall art.I just dont have the time to fiddle with it,especialy since Ive got another that flys fine.By the way Don,I dont remember if I thanked you for the rigging wire thread,if I didnt,THANKS. B

degreen60
08-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I remember seeing something about the Spektrum 500 having problems. I just looked on the net and found where some flying sites had them crash so many planes no one will use them anymore so you may have just found the problem.

brutus251
08-29-2010, 12:04 AM
You know what? I bought two of the 500 series receivers a while back and forgot that I even put them in my planes.I dont even know which of the others has the second one but I havent had any problems with that one,if thats what it is. Ill have to try it again next weekend. B

degreen60
08-29-2010, 12:10 AM
I just remembered I had another plane act up and almost crashed. Then I noticed when turning it on the ESC beeped 3 times then once more. Always before it had beeped twice then once. I reprogramed the ESC and fixed the problem.

Ryan Flyer
09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Just ordered one of these from tower! I cant wait:D
Patrick

scalercflyer
09-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Just ordered one of these from tower! I cant wait:D
Patrick
You lucky dog! :cool: No spare airplane money for me yet ! :( BTW, what did you pay? Marty

Ryan Flyer
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
BTW, what did you pay? Marty

It was on sale at tower for $89.00
Pat

geb
04-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Greetings,

Bought a G.P. Nieuport 11 last fall and set it up per the instructions with the recommended motor, esc, etc... What a handful to try to keep in the sky. It was reluctant to turn (even with coordinated rudder) and when it did it would likely tip stall, go into a spin and crash if too low to recover. Have tried all the fixes I can think of; more nose weight, differential aileron, a little less positive incidence in the top wing and some washout in the tips.
One person mentioned adding top wing dihedral and "lifting the bottom wing", but not sure what that means.
Anybody else have bad or good experience with this model? Any solutions, thoughts??

I like the model a lot, just wish I knew why it is such a poor performer.
Thanks for ant suggestions.

GEB

Ryan Flyer
04-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey geb,
I am sorry to hear about you Nieuport. I put mine together and even with the random old electronics I put in it (Not the recommended ones) It flew great! The only thing I ever had trouble with was landings, they were always a bit troublesome but in the air it was on rails and even if it did stall it was never that bad.
Now on to your plane, do you have the rudder mixed with the aileron? I had them mixed about 20% if I remember right. You can also just make sure you use rudder in all you turns if you want a more authentic experience but mixing them sure makes things easy.
I hope this helps! Don't give up hope, if you can get these problems worked out it is one great flying model!
Take Care,
Ryan

geb
04-16-2013, 03:48 AM
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your response Re; the N-port. I have tried; Redesigning the upper wing attachment to decrease the incidence a degree or so, differential aileron, upper wing washout, decreased surface throws, adding a little nose weight to move the balance point forward, and yes, flying with coordinated rudder and ailerons. The radio equip. is all new Spektrum and seems to work very well. I have been flying R/C for nearly 40 years, almost everything from pylon racers to old timers, have published a number of my original R/C designs in Model Aviation, but this thing is the Biggest @#?&*$ dog that I have ever had at the end of an R/C signal. Seems that it is nearly always reluctant to enter a turn, and when it finally does, it almost always falls off into a tip stall,and spins in if not high enough to recover. Honestly, I have Never spent so much time repairing a model as this thing. I'm seriously considering returning the remains to G/P and requesting another one. Even if they thum their nose at me,at least it gets it out of my basement!
Thanks,

JDMJim
05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Funny, I had mine out a couple days ago and while practicing my landings, I pulled and early flare, which got my plane into a near vertical position( Not sure how that happened). So I punched the throttle and got it to go straight up and recover. came around again and nailed the landing. funny little plane. I love the challenge, just not the lower wing repairs.....Here's mine anyway from that day with it's buddy

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/374983_10151421655545838_2011053997_n.jpg

fairly stable. I shot this with my i-Phone while flying....
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/578383_10151342908065838_1684100874_n.jpg

rhino
03-01-2014, 02:59 AM
Love this plane and all the ones posted in this thread!

chris03
03-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi together,
the N-11 is a very nice aircraft, easy to fly and looks very good in the air:)
I am very happy with this little plane......but mine comes from HK China.
I flew it with a Park 480/850 BL and 1300-2200mAh 3s Lipo.
It is a little remodeled and painted differently, here are some pics...

greetings from Germany

(sorry for my bad english :( )

geb
04-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Greetings,

Last March I did a posting complaining about the poor flight characteristics I experienced with the subject model. My solution was to design new wings employing a more traditional Clark Y type airfoil and constructed in the usual manor with balsa, plywood, and bass spars. The airfoil was borrowed from a very good flying "old-timer" design. The new wings have yielded a better flying model without the instability of the factory wings, which I belief had too thin an airfoil section.

The May 2014 issue of Electric Flight Mag. had an article by Mark Wilkins who did exactly the same thing that I did except that he re-modeled a Park Zone Albatros.

I would encourage anyone with damaged stock foam wings to try designing and construction new wings in the traditional "built up" balsa method. Model your construction design from published designs from mag. articles or what you find on the internet. You might just find a new angle to this hobby that you enjoy. Creating your own designs is a lot of fun and very satisfying!

Soft landings!