PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 scale Pica Waco

Dennis
08-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Would appreciate any comments or suggestions on converting a 1/6 scale Pica Waco from glo to electric. James Keeney e-mailed me with a suggestion of using an AXI 4130 for power and a Phoenix or Jeti ESC. Anyone else have any ideas? Since i am just getting back into the hobby after many many years of being out of the loop its like starting over again. Am not familiar with all the new products. Would like suggestions on the best radio and servos to use at a reasonable price. Am covering with Sig Koverall. Really great stuff and it looks authentic for the time period of the Waco. Thought i might use Ultracote paint for final finish. Any other suggestuins? Would like to maybe stay with an Acrylic Enamel since fuel wont be a problem. Hope to hear from many users of this site. Especially the ones that like Bipes. Thanks to everyone that responds. Can also be contacted at my e-mail dsc070744@wowway.com

rcgeezer
08-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Dennis. Many years ago I built the Waco when it was a Dave Platt kit It was powered with an O.S Blackhead .60 and cirrus radio.. It flew great. Flew it for about ten years off and on then sold it. built two Pica Waco for othr guys later on. Am interested infinding out how you power yours. good luck. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I had with Mine. Harry

LesUyeda
08-18-2005, 06:15 PM
If you are still in the building stages, work on lightening up the tail as much as possible. I had an OS 70 in mine and still had 6 ounces of lead in the nose, with the receiver batteries as far forward as possible, and the servos and receiver in the front cockpit.

Les

rcgeezer
08-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Les.
I intend to build a small e powered Waco perhaps using the Pica plan as a reference. Something for indoor. I had no problem with balance on the glow powered models having put everything forward. I have a tendency to build on the light side and never beef anything up. I find that most of the kit parts can be lightened somewhat by sanding and trimming. I hates lead which should only be used for bullets which I'm allergic to.