PDA

View Full Version : Esky E-smart Electronics help!

sam94
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Can you guys help recommend me the right electronics for the Esky E-smart (ES600?).

I dont know what motor, but they say i would need a 80a esc.

Can you please help recommend me all the electrics, and where to buy them, Im kinda young so they need to be at a reasonable price but good quality.

Thanks

Flip
03-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Can you guys help recommend me the right electronics for the Esky E-smart (ES600?).

I don't know what motor, but they say i would need a 80a esc.

Can you please help recommend me all the electrics, and where to buy them, Im kinda young so they need to be at a reasonable price but good quality.

Thanks

G'day 'sam94',

Haven't been on this site for a long time so this is probably too late for you. :{
Had my ES600 a few years now and because of the lack of spare parts when needed it doesn't get all that much use these days.

Started out with the stock Esky Brushless motor, and still using it - Esky-1200kV. Part # EK5-0007 - it's never given any trouble & was quite cheap to buy - don't know how much it would cost these days.
" If it isn't broken - don't fix it." - - applies here VERY well. ;)
It's probably still $$$$ less, and just as reliable, as a lot of other brands motors with a similar output. :)

Forget the 80A ESC ! Go for something around the 100A - 120A (IMHO) A 600 size heli can draw a heap of power in the air.
Depending on how much you throw it around of course ! :eek:

The ES600 had the front Rx. (?) tray replaced with another main battery tray, the one from under the main frame. This lets it use a larger (longer) battery pack, more flights between recharging. :tc:
Also, helps get the C of G further forwards, - just about all Esky helis seem to have their C of G too far towards the rear straight from the factory.::o :(

With the electrics available these days - probably wouldn't use the same brand of ESC & BEC as fitted, because of the later, less expensive gear out today.
But so far had no problems at all with what it's had in it from day one.

ESC - Align 100A. ESC - RCE-BL100G. Some don't like them but mine's worked perfectly every time.
BEC - Align 6A External BEC with their 5.1 volt step down voltage regulator.

Two sets of battery packs: - one for motor power, 2 x 11.1V. 5000mHh. 30C. as the flight pack. ( Just managed to make them fit without touching the bottom of the main shaft. ;) ) and a single 7.4V. 4500mHa. 20C. pack powering the Rx. Servos, gyro, etc. via the BEC.

Hope you have a long time flying and enjoying your ES600. ;)

"E-Smart" - - now that's a name that really SUX ! :censor: