PDA

View Full Version : E-Flite Fokker D.VII 250

barmonkey
01-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Look what E-Flite is bringing for 2010! Another red Fokker!

degreen60
01-01-2010, 01:30 PM
It has brace wires on the wings.

scalercflyer
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM
OH NO..... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. Marty

WWI Ace
01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I thought Fokker built those wings strong enough that they wouldn't need wires!! LOL!! Well you can always paint it to look however you want. Degreen does it all the time and it isn't a problem. My guess is they picked a color scheme that would be very easy to see for orientation purposes. Steve

degreen60
01-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Too bad they did not make the wings in lozenge pattern. That would have made it easy to change to a lot of other planes by just repainting the fuselage. Well get the printer fired up and go buy some sticker paper. If I get one of these I will add CF rods to the wings so it won't need the brace wires. Lets face facts, they pick a color scheme that will sell and most people think of a Fokker being red. If someone close gets one of these I may just have to add a gun to my "fish" even though it is a training plane.

dcwwcp
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
well udet is a fairly well known german ace, so another german ace with a red plane is just plain more apt to sell planes.

personally I've been looking at this scheme lately:

barmonkey
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
That's a whole lotta lozenge!

degreen60
01-03-2010, 12:03 AM
well udet is a fairly well known german ace, so another german ace with a red plane is just plain more apt to sell planes.

personally I've been looking at this scheme lately:

Looks like sticker paper time. Make stickers like I did for my flying fish. Should be easy, scan in the shape of the fuselage and wings. Lay lozenge pattern over them. Print and trim to fit.

scalercflyer
01-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Here's is a look at my GWS sorta Pfalz. I printed the lozenge onto a 8 1/2"x 11 paper off of Aerodrome rc site and using diluted glue, pasted the lozenge onto my fuse. 1 year later and it's still on. Marty

Hotch
01-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Must have seen my repaint.

IndyJones
05-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Has anyone built one the Eflite Fokker DVIIs yet? I started on mine last week-end but unfortunately, I've slightly bent the spoked housing on my brand new Eflite Park 250 motor when I tried to reverse the shaft. I followed the instructions carefully, but the shaft wouldn't budge. When I tapped it a bit with a "small" hammer per the instructions, the spoked housing that the shaft sits inside of bent a little, so now it's ruined. Sad to say that Eflite was no help. I emailed them and they do not sell the housing separately and they don't do repairs. :{

Update: Ok I bought another Eflite Park 250 today and tried again. The shafts just won't budge for me... even after adding a little heat to the tip of the shaft as the guy from my local hobby shop suggested. Guess I'll give up and use the stupid rubber bands to hold the prop on. :(

scalercflyer
06-28-2010, 04:02 AM
Check this out Indy. Slightly heavier and more powerful than the eflite 250. Price is nice too. I bought 2 of them! Marty

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-1409/EMAX-CF2805-Outrunner-Brushless/Detail

IndyJones
06-28-2010, 04:40 AM
Check this out Indy. Slightly heavier and more powerful than the eflite 250. Price is nice too. I bought 2 of them! Marty

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-1409/EMAX-CF2805-Outrunner-Brushless/Detail

Thanks for the info! I got replacements from EFlite and I am now able to reverse the shafts without any problems. Not sure what the issue was with the originals that I bought.

wattman
04-29-2011, 03:17 AM
Did you push the shaft out the front from the back or visa versa ?
When the shaft is swapped is the "prop saver removed / gone " ?
Is a vise needed to do the change out ?

Any helpful tips and how to do it ?

wattman
05-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Nevermind ............I removed the clip from the back , and hammered and worried the shaft foreward till the clip [remounted on the rearmost slot for it ] was seated on the bearing , and retightened the two propsaver screws and installed the provided prop mount that came with the motor on the now lengthened shaft out front of the motor now .
The shaft sure didn't move easy to start with .
Now with the motor installed in the provided motor mount , and with a 3/32 plywood spacer under the motor mount , it fits and works fine , in consideration that the carbon tube wasn't used , FINE :D
I sure like the fact that EFlite has a wood re-enforcement inside the wheels for the FOKKER DVII , with a really bright light you can see it , along with its lighting holes to reduce weight , they weigh 4 grams , nice , they are stronger wheels now than what came with the SE5a . And yes I have already ordered , repainted and installed them on my SE5a now .And they are working well on pavement with quite a few landings and touch and go's now .
Assembly continues on my Fokker DVII , , yes I am so slow . :rolleyes:

scalercflyer
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey Watt, Guys, I used a Blue Wonder on mine without having to use the dreaded tube. :eek: Works fine. :cool: Marty
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-1420/2712-dsh-12-Outrunner-Brushless-Electric/Detail

wattman
05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Maiden flight of my EFlite Fokker DVII early this AM with NO wind , yea :)
Assembled exatly as the manual reads and with the suggusted gear , and its tail heavy . :(
Blade CX2 coaxe heli donated the AR6100E receiver and the 2 S60 servos .
So late last night I grabbed a weight that seemed right , sticky taped it on and it flys at half throttle , I like it , its easier to see in the air than the SE5a or the Sopwith Pup , so it may help me at Sunset patrols :rolleyes:
Now I need to get some more of the 2s 800 mah lipos that I had for my CX2s helis , the 4 batteries I have do not allow for many flights with my 3 slow flyers if I take all 3 to the park .

Happy with my slowflyers and no wind , beautiful morning :D

scalercflyer
05-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Maiden flight of my EFlite Fokker DVII early this AM with NO wind , yea :)
Assembled exatly as the manual reads and with the suggusted gear , and its tail heavy . :(
Blade CX2 coaxe heli donated the AR6100E receiver and the 2 S60 servos .
So late last night I grabbed a weight that seemed right , sticky taped it on and it flys at half throttle , I like it , its easier to see in the air than the SE5a or the Sopwith Pup , so it may help me at Sunset patrols :rolleyes:
Now I need to get some more of the 2s 800 mah lipos that I had for my CX2s helis , the 4 batteries I have do not allow for many flights with my 3 slow flyers if I take all 3 to the park .

Happy with my slowflyers and no wind , beautiful morning :D
It's all good Watt! :cool: Enjoy them. ;) Marty

enemyace19
06-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok Did a video this morning I think shes a bit tail heavy still. But I will fix that before next flight. D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0Cs4PyEwM

wattman
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Another great sloflyer video , my d7 was tail heavy also , and there seems to be postive stabilizer incidence on mine ?
I think I glued in negative top wing incidence with my cabanes ?
Anyway was a bit unhappy with my building abilitys , but , the other day , my D7 seemed to handle the wind that came up , so much better than my SE5a ? Anyone alse think their DVII handles wind better than the SE5a ?

Of course both the Eflites , SE5a and DVII go with me everytime to fly :), and trying to become more at ease with my Spad 13 from Electrifly , and that isn't happening :eek:
Luckily , have been doing Dawn and Sunset patrols :D

degreen60
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Going to have to arm my Eflite Nieuport 17 Flying Fish and take those DVII down.

enemyace19
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Going to have to arm my Eflite Nieuport 17 Flying Fish and take those DVII down.

Ach, mein Freund mitbringen Vögelchen heraus zu spielen!!! lol

wattman
07-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Have been able to fly a lot of early morning , and late evening patrols with the Fok DVII , lots of great flights , racking the flight hours up .
Late patrol tonight , and there is a sudden lack of power , flight timer has not gone off ?
As it drops down in height and I bring it on down to land , as it passes it has something dangling from the front end , :eek:
and upon landing nicely , I walk to it and find the motor has come out of its mount and wrapped the wires around and around VERY tightly , and the motor is really really HOT .
Well its dark and late when I get home , and I have not checked anything out yet , will get to it in the morning .
Thank goodness these 250 size slow flyers are such good flying planes , and I was able to safely land it as normal as I could .

It will just be the SE5a and Pup on patrol in the morning :D

HobbyJumper
07-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Exact same thing happened with my Jenny. Another case of the dreaded carbon-fibre tube perhaps?

sudden lack of power , the motor has come out of its mount and wrapped the wires around and around VERY tightly

Nieuport Fly Guy
07-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Exact same thing happened with my Jenny. Another case of the dreaded carbon-fibre tube perhaps?

Speaking of the carbon-fiber tube problem...I just received the E-flite fokker...and while I am waiing for the park 250 motor to arrive...I realized I have a 300 series motor from heads up.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the-1421/2712-dsh-17-Outrunner-Brushless-Electric/Detail

Would this motor be too much for the Fokker? I would firewall mount and bypass the dreaded tube? Or should I just be patient and wait for my 250?

Appreciate the help! ???? Alan

wattman
07-10-2011, 04:43 AM
It was NOT a carbon tube failure on my Fokker DVII , after reading of so many failures , I have not used them at all . But I did use the supplied X motor mount with the 250 from Eflite . The motor came out of its mount , set screw and glued , it came out , and one wire is twisted off , repairs are awaiting .
The nice thing is that the Fokker DVII is designed so you do NOT have to use the carbon tube , the firewall is angled down and to the right for the normal X mount that comes with the motors , yeah . :D
I used a Electrifly Rimfire 300 motor in my SE5a , with a additional piece of wood on the firewall and the motors X mount , its been doing well since the maiden , as is the Electrifly Sopwith Pup also on the X mount .
Its just the Fokkers that slipped out , this time :eek:
I would not belive your motor would be to big , throttle back , and I had to add weight to the front of the Fokker anyway , I should have just gone ahead and used a bigger motor . :rolleyes:

Good luck and get it flying

Nieuport Fly Guy
07-10-2011, 04:57 AM
It was NOT a carbon tube failure on my Fokker DVII , after reading of so many failures , I have not used them at all . But I did use the supplied X motor mount with the 250 from Eflite . The motor came out of its mount , set screw and glued , it came out , and one wire is twisted off , repairs are awaiting .
The nice thing is that the Fokker DVII is designed so you do NOT have to use the carbon tube , the firewall is angled down and to the right for the normal X mount that comes with the motors , yeah . :D
I used a Electrifly Rimfire 300 motor in my SE5a , with a additional piece of wood on the firewall and the motors X mount , its been doing well since the maiden , as is the Electrifly Sopwith Pup also on the X mount .
Its just the Fokkers that slipped out , this time :eek:
I would not belive your motor would be to big , throttle back , and I had to add weight to the front of the Fokker anyway , I should have just gone ahead and used a bigger motor . :rolleyes:

Great...now I will have something to work on tomorrow! Housework??? "Honey, can't you see I'm BUSY" ya right!

HobbyJumper
07-11-2011, 01:02 AM
I will be sure to check those set screws regularly, then. I think all of the eflite series have the motor box angled correctly. The Jenny sure does, and it was the first. My set up (below) sounds like yours.

barnburner13
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Must have seen my repaint.

I have a print of the plane, and that is exactely how it looks, that is what I am planning on doing with mine once I get it