PDA

View Full Version : Mini Titan E325

Tyrant Blaze
01-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am about to get back into Heli's after a 2 year break (in which time I was flying fixed wing). I used to fly a Honey Bee FP and got prety good at hovering both tail in and nose in. Only thing I disliked was how unstable it was due to its size and REALLY cheap electronics. So this time I want to invest in somthing to grow with. I have looked at the Trex 450, 450HK, Blade 400 and the Mini Titan. I decided I really like the Titan but before I commit to any purchases I thought it would be good to get some comment on my intended setup as this is my first heli build, here goes:

Mini Titan E325 (Motor, ESC) ARF Kit
CSM SL310 Smart Lock Gyro
HS 5084MG Tail Servo
HS 55 Cyclic Servos x3
AR6100E
Some training gear

I have a Spektrum DX6i which I use to fly my planes

Any comments, warnings or recomendations from experience would be welcome

Thanks in advance

Chris

MaxAdventure
01-22-2010, 05:48 AM
From what I've read, the mini titan is a good value. I'm not familiar with the CSM gyro, but I am partial to the Hitec HS-5000 Gyro/HSG-5083 combo on a 325mm heli. Also, for that size bird I would recommend going with a stronger servo than an HS55. My preference is the HS-65HB Karbonite gear. Great servos, some of the best in that class and for the money can't be beat.

You also might want to run through 'Radd's school of rotary flight'
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Nothing wrong with a 6100 RX, that's what I've always used. Although if you want to spring for it, the AR7600 looks sweet, especially with a 2048 resolution TX!

Tyrant Blaze
01-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Max,

Thanks for thew info, I went ahead and bought the Mini Titian and am in the process of building it. Decided to go with a GP750 gyro and DS420 for the tail.

I found somewhere selling all their stock for half price, so I think I got a bargin. Bought the ARF kit with the motor and ESC the metal rotor head upgrade (just in case) and a bucket load of spares (flybars, blades, feather shafts, main shafts, hardware pack ect). The whole lot cost me 150.00.

I already have the HS55's so I will suck it a see, may have to replace them later by the sounds of things.

Thanks

Chris

MaxAdventure
01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Max,

Thanks for thew info, I went ahead and bought the Mini Titian .... The whole lot cost me 150.00.

Chris

Sounds like a great deal! I'm sure it will work well for you. You'll have to report back on how you like the setup once it's flying.

EpoweredRc
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi Max,

Thanks for thew info, I went ahead and bought the Mini Titian and am in the process of building it. Decided to go with a GP750 gyro and DS420 for the tail.

I found somewhere selling all their stock for half price, so I think I got a bargin. Bought the ARF kit with the motor and ESC the metal rotor head upgrade (just in case) and a bucket load of spares (flybars, blades, feather shafts, main shafts, hardware pack ect). The whole lot cost me 150.00.

I already have the HS55's so I will suck it a see, may have to replace them later by the sounds of things.

Thanks

Chris

55's are not big enough they going to strip very soon with you .

I have owned:

Trex 450 (flown mine and another guys)
Mini titan 325
Blade CP
Blade 400
flown MSR

The Titan was a nice heli, its put together well and looks bigger then the trex450 and blade 400 but the Blade 400 is a whole lot more stable and flys eaiser then the titan. i traded my titan for a Blade 400 and couldnt have been happier.

I would get HS-65's for the titan HB or Mg doesn't matter pretty sure I just had HB in mine. been a while.

Good luck with it.

Tyrant Blaze
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Do you think the HS55's will hold up just during hover training? and replace them when I progress to forward flight and more demanding stuff?

MaxAdventure
01-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you think the HS55's will hold up just during hover training? and replace them when I progress to forward flight and more demanding stuff?

It's the impact with the ground that will strip them. Don't crash, they'll last. When you do upgrade, don't get metal gears. They're not appropriate for a 325mm heli. (they work well, just heavier, costlier, and wear out much faster)