PDA

View Full Version : DLG Video

TDisaster
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Some great weather this weekend, so I went out and took advantage of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpDAdWCUsVE

Please ignore all the slow motion and dramatic music. ;)

Ribcracker
01-25-2010, 02:43 AM
I just love your camera.
Great editing, too. But more than that, your launch technique is poetry.
Hand catching is always impressive but sending it right back skyward in the same motion is too much! You go, dude!

TDisaster
01-25-2010, 03:05 AM
Thank you :D.

I just finally got the exporting right with the video, so I'm getting all the quality I can without too huge of a file size.

I'm still tweaking my launch. After flying DLG for a little over a year it's just about there.

On an un-realted note I went over the glider today, the aileron linkages were a bit sloppier than I had thought. After working those out, there is no slop at all. That was taking away from my launch height for sure. I've also got some new tails. Much stiffer than the old ones, which also will give more launch height. Less energy lost to flex. And finally I'm going rudderless with the new tails. So that's only 3 servos rather than four. Less amp draw, more flights on a battery. Also with going rudderless I'm cutting it down over half an ounce, from 10oz to 9.5oz. The negative to rudderless is you have no rudder control. Makes low level thermaling harder. But I've flown a few flights with my old rudder taped and decided I'll be ok. The positives outweigh the negatives in my case.

After all that, it'll be a launch machine for sure.