PDA

View Full Version : Art Hobby E-Gliders

Big Oakden
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Anyone out here have the IBIS-E 3.1 or Serenity E 2.5?

I am contemplating the purchase of one of these two aircraft, and am looking for some feedback from fellow fliers.

I had an Ellipsoid that I had a blast with until she was shot down at an event.

0-400 ft in 5 seconds and I could thermal all day (if I didnt have to share the frequency pin)

However, she did NOT like to go Fast....I tried it once (nose over, add power pull up...pull up..pull UP..PULL UP, she pulled up with about 15 feet of air between her and the ground. Won't try that again)(flying too fast for control surfaces to operate)

I am wanting fast, graceful, and aerobatics.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Sky Sharkster
03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Dave, Good to hear from you! I don't have the gliders you mentioned but I do have the Agena 1.5m e-glider. As far as Art Hobby, they are a great company to deal with, I e-mailed a couple of questions first and they hooked me up with the optional wing airfoil and tail configuration (cruciform) I needed, gave me an exact price quote for S&H and I had the glider within a few days. Fit, finish, packing, construction, directions and service all A+++!
Just my .02$, a satisfied customer
Ron

Masterpiece
03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I agree with Ron. Arthobby gear is top notch. I have their JK Thermic, a Hyper HLG, a High Force electric fuselage (now called the electric High Aspect) to which i am adding my own wings and tail (should be great). I also have a High Aspect fusleage too, to which I will be making my own 3.4 - 3.6m wings and tail. I am thinking of the Serenity myself as a very very fast electric hotliner. Just what I need :D . I'd go for the Serenity myself.

Cheers
Glen