PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Theme for next AP Contest

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-24-2006, 04:49 AM
Vote for the theme for the upcoming Aerial Photo Contest

Kosh
03-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Perhaps a short poll so we could start April 1st? It would be great to have a new challenge each month to look forward to. While big prizes are great I know there hard to line up all the time so how about just a hat or WattFlyer T-Shirt until this gets rolling? Fly from the 1st to say the 25th and vote till end of month. Polls can run for the whole month to decide what next months theme should be. With 12 contests a year your bound to get some good flying weather no matter where you live. Just a few random ideas so take them for what there worth, Not much ... lol

Kosh

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Kosh,

I agree, we need to have more frequent contests and keep them rolling. We'll get our engines running smoothly here before you know it.

I'm going to be in Seattle next week for a medical conference. I'll have a rental car, anything to do in that little hick town? :)

Motions
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah, do an AP of the Space Needle while your there.

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Well....

I have taken AP of the Stratophere in Vegas!

:) :)

aviatordave
03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Well....

I have taken AP of the Stratophere in Vegas!

:) :)

Funny.....thats where I will be next week! I'm still debating on taking my plane.....I got these things called 'kids' and they tend to take up alot of room not to mention being expensive. I'm also going to be at the Grand Canyon next week, I thought that would be nice to get pictures of but I'm guessing with the post 9/11 rules and the weird wind I will probably not bring it there.

Dave

**Is there a way we can get around not resizing pictures for our AP contests?

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
I would recommend against flying in Vegas. It was probably not one of my smarter moves. But, can't take it away from me now! Too late!

Motions
03-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Gives me an idea for the contest. How about the best AP in prohibited areas? Yeah, I know, AMA wouldn't like that.

Area51 anybody?

Kosh
03-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Well Steve, This time of year the weather sucks most of the time here but if your looking for a place to fly and get some pics try Magnason Park or Alki Beach. Have a look on Google Earth for some other ideas around here. As far as something todo your on your own, Im on the other side of the lake and never go to downtown Seattle myself just too many wackos there ... lol
Shoot me a PM if want to fly here and I will see what I can do.

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-29-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm not going to be bringing the AP plane with me. I will have a rental car, though. Any good hobby shops in the area? Only one here in Grand Junction and they don't carry much for electrics.

Kosh
03-29-2006, 02:58 AM
Theres not much in Seattle but to the north is Galaxy Hobby and Tims in Everett. Galaxy is worth a visit as they stock a pretty large inventory and I always seem to find stuff there I'm not looking for.

Galaxy Hobby
19332 60th Ave W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Phone: 425-670-0454
http://www.galaxyhobby.com/

Its in Lynnwood and about 25 minutes away and if you find it on the map first you shouldn't have too many problems. I'm sure I'm free if you have any problems finding it just call the number on my website.
http://www.cascadeap.com/

Lon

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Cool, I'll pay them a visit.
Thanks!

aviatordave
04-12-2006, 04:55 PM
So when does the poll end and the contest start? Trees are budding...grass is green

we need a target for our next AP mission.....looks like water....?

its supposed to be 80 degrees here in Iowa tomorrow, seemed like winter was never going to give up

Dave

Kosh
04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
I have to agree with Dave, The poll hasnt moved in over a week so lets get on to the flying part of this. Bragging rights would do fine for this contest and Steve can keep working on something for the next one.
Winner should be able to add a topic on the next poll to vote on to keep it rolling.