PDA

View Full Version : Random videos I have been shoting, club feild other's

EpoweredRc
05-19-2010, 12:35 AM
I have so enjoyed Bob Skinner's $20 camera. I do not want to take over his thread so here is my own thread. This is all about my setups and what i am doing. videos, still with videos and so on.

Someone just asked me i just realized your last vimeo post was photo's and video's???.....how did u do that????.......how did you get the keychain camera to take random pictures, every 5 seconds.

Here is the answer.
Thanks to Firemanbill on this site I learned you do not need a still camera for that. I do not think you can do it with all media players but I use one called VLC videoLan. http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html

While your playing a video any video you can Pause the video and go up to the menu and hit Snapshot. it will save whatever is on the screen at the time to your computor... this is how I get still shots, pretty neat huh.

This has gave me the chance to capture some great still pictures from my areal Videos..

EpoweredRc
05-19-2010, 12:36 AM
This is a Local park in Paulding county georgia, looks pretty nice from above.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwshj7PszE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwshj7PszEThis)

This a video of the Paulding County Model Avaition Club I belong to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvImtQ6jASk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvImtQ6jASkThis)

This a video from the feild me and my father fly at. nice sod property.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR__C0Xe4YA

This is video when i put the camera on my 42 inch AJ slick. first half is the camera facing forward, second half is it facing backwards ,backwards it pretty cool looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD3gtL20ImA

This is it mounted on my E flite Blade 400 helicoptor. in my parents driveway. First few try's it was a little shacky, but on this video its got a better mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMomdz6N7o

more to come don't worry.

EpoweredRc
05-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Random pictures I captured from my videos.

White oak park in Paulding county few pics from there. (1-3)
Then some snap shots from my old house where I grew up in Paulding County Ga. (4-6)
Some shots from the PCMA flying feild in Paulding County Ga.(7-10)

EpoweredRc
05-19-2010, 12:43 AM
My mounts on my Glider and on my Blade 400. also some random ones from videos.

1. blade 400 mount
2-5 Glider and mount
6-90 at the feild me and my father fly at.
10 and 11 are from the Church we fly at right above my fathers house.

koolkrabber47
05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
This is a Local park in Paulding county georgia, looks pretty nice from above.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwshj7PszE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phwshj7PszEThis)

This a video of the Paulding County Model Avaition Club I belong to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvImtQ6jASk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvImtQ6jASkThis)

This a video from the feild me and my father fly at. nice sod property.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR__C0Xe4YA

This is video when i put the camera on my 42 inch AJ slick. first half is the camera facing forward, second half is it facing backwards ,backwards it pretty cool looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD3gtL20ImA

This is it mounted on my E flite Blade 400 helicoptor. in my parents driveway. First few try's it was a little shacky, but on this video its got a better mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMomdz6N7o

more to come don't worry.

THIS IS GONNA BE A LOT OF FUN!!!!......I can tell already........those are awesome videos, Chris......i'm going to stick this camera onto my SIG E-FORCE and see what i can come up with???......it's a really smooth flyer, 15 oz. all up wt., battery and all........i was out flying it monday, across the street from my house......there's a really big parking lot across the street from my house......the parking lot is meant for the boat patron's for the marina but, during the week there isn't much of a crowd until around july and august........i live right on the waterfront, here in ilwaco,washington, the marina is right outside my front door and all the boat's are parked about 20' from my front window/door.......if you ever want to take a trip out to the WEST COAST, let me know???......i CHARTER FISH for a living and it would be an honor to take you and your "POP'S", salmon, sturgeon, halibut or albacore tuna fishing for free......in between fishing, we can go flying,too......my club has two fields, one on the northernest part of town and one on the southernest part of town, Also, one faceing east and west and one faceing north and south.....no matter which direction the wind is blowing, we can just switch fields, depending on one's own preference......the old guy's fly mainly foamies and electrics on the north field and everybody else uses the south field for the fast, noisy, hot dog, nitro, gas, 3D, 1/4 scale, 1/3 scale, 44%'ers and helicopters......lot's of weekend fun, people bashing those hard-core planes, all day long......it's raining today and very windy......as soon as it clears up, i will take some video and pictures and post them for your viewing pleasure......it's only fair, since you've posted many times and we need to justify this thread.....thanx for listening and thanx for posting.......P.S.....please see attached fishing pictures and show to your "POP'S", too........the light blue boat in the pictures is the one i've worked on for the last 8 yrs. and is very safe in the ocean at 30+ tons all up weight........(KOOLKRABBER47)........;):D:)

pic. #1 me cooking Pacific Ocean Dungenous crab, i forgot to mention, that i also fish for crab "commercially" in the winter and bring home crab everyday for my family and friends.......

pic. #2 me, third from the left in dark-shades with some of my customers......8 people that day, we caught 79 albacore tuna......not bad for a day's work,Huh???.......

pic. #3 me all the way on the Right with my long time customers, Sheriff's dept. from Tacoma,wa........16 Columbia River Sturgeon and 10 Pacific Ocean Flounder........

pic. #4 one of my customers with his 55" sturgeon at about 40-50 lbs., took him close to an hour to get it in.......that's one tired arm, i'll bet......

pic. #5 me with a 98 pound halibut i caught on my private boat.....you can see my 26 foot FibreForm Cabin Cruiser to the right of me??.....we fished 25-30 miles offshore at about 600+ feet deep........

pic. #6 my oldest son, tying up my work boat, after a long day of fishing.....i took him & his buddy, in the black sweatshirt, fishing for free that day, the rest are just customers!!

pic. #7 my work boat, tied up at the dock's.....i took it from my front door,so you could get a better look at the marina where i live........

EpoweredRc
05-19-2010, 10:02 PM
WOW.... Those are some HUGE water creatures ha ha. I catch bait, or not even bait for any of those it be like a nibble for any of those wow. huge crabs. man, you guys really fish for some huge stuff. I only ever fished for Bass,crappy and brime however spell it. I only been to FL once but didn't do any fishing. man great pictures and man get some video of the water. I love videos of lakes and stuff should be some great footage.

koolkrabber47
05-20-2010, 08:22 AM
WOW.... Those are some HUGE water creatures ha ha. I catch bait, or not even bait for any of those it be like a nibble for any of those wow. huge crabs. man, you guys really fish for some huge stuff. I only ever fished for Bass,crappy and brime however spell it. I only been to FL once but didn't do any fishing. man great pictures and man get some video of the water. I love videos of lakes and stuff should be some great footage.

Yeah Chris, "WOW" pretty much describes it in one word!!!.......i've been doing this for 8 yrs. and i still get crazy excited every time we go out on the ocean.......i used to live in California, i worked for the same company for 22 yrs and they went out of business in 2000 and i found myself out of a great paying, union job.......i love california weather but, i was really tired of all the rude, self-serving people and the schools are horrible, the crime rate is out of this world and most importantly the gangs everywhere.......me and the wife decided it was time for a drastic change......because my oldest boy was graduating 6th grade and i didn't want him in those schools, not one more day, being exposed to all those drug's and violence.......my mom is from california and was retired for 11 yrs. and living here in ilwaco, washington, because of the cooler weather......she invited me to visit and if i liked it, i could move closer to her......now tell me, who is not gonna want to move closer to mom and all those home cooked meals???.......i moved here in 2000 and the owner of the R.V. Park where she lived, also owns the charter service that i work for now.......i was not working because i was drawing a severence pay package from my former company......at the time, the owner had me do odd jobs around the R.V. Park and paid me with fishing trips, instead of money......when his regular deckhand messed up and got fired, he asked me if i wanted the job and the rest is history.......what would you have done, Chris......the job of a lifetime, just fell in my lap!!!......when i lost my job, after 22 yrs. and had to move 1/2 way across the country with kid's and a wife to support, i thought my world had crumbled in around me......
god blessed me with the life i have now and everything is going great......i fish for a living(who can complain about that?), i live right on the marina and i eat all the seafood and crab i want......my older boy is 22 and works on the same charter boats as me, i got him a job on the boats when he was 14 because he wanted to buy a jeep, he's been there ever since and he commercially fishes for crab in the winter, just like dad.......my 17 yr. old works on the charter boats since he was "12" because he wanted to buy the XBOX 360 when they first came out and i had him buy it himself.......i'm old and i'm from the "old skool", i don't alway's buy what my kids want, instead i find them a "great paying job" and show them how to buy it themselves......they're gonna be "supporters" one of these days and they're gonna have wife and kid's and they need to learn how to work and pay bills???.....they're great kids, they alway's have money in their pocket and they drive nice vehicles,too, so i never have to worry about them......that's quite a releif for a parent.......sorry for the long response, Chris....just wanted to give you a breif history of how i ended up with this kool fishing job.......BTW, georgia looks spectacular.......all those trees have to work wonders for the fresh air.......lot's of flying area for you die-hards......how's the weather???.....do you get much snow???.....does it get cold???.......it snows a lot in washington but, not in this area where i live......i'm right on the beach and there's too much moisture in the air, the snow alway's melts completely before it hits the ground.......i hate driving in the snow.......i'll have to google your area and read up on the geography, it look's pretty interesting......well Chris, it's almost midnight......i gotta go, gotta get the daughter to school in the morning.....i promise i will post some video of the fishing, as per your request........for now i am posting some pictures of Pacific Salmon Charters Service i work for and SeaBreeze Charters Service my two sons work for.......my older boy works on the FourSeasons boat and my younger boy works on the Comanche boat......pic. #5 is of my older son......pic. # 6 is my brother-in-law, his birthday is 4th of july, i take him fishing for free every year, "lucky guy"........hope you like these pics???.....i have plenty more, i just have to find them, here on my computer......i will post more later......good nite, Chris......thanx for the new thread and thanx for posting........(KOOLKRABBER47)........<<<<P.S.......now you know how i came up with my logon/user name???.......:D:D:D

EpoweredRc
05-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Thank for the reply and pictures. Snow. hardly... But this year we got it like 3 or 4 times 2010.. that's a record. was getting it last of 2009 couple times also.. Cold. well anything under 50 is cold for me LOL. About the low 20s or high teens as cold as it gets here. way to cold for me I do not like cold weather.

Wish my father had gotten me a job But I have found all mine on my own and right now have been out of a FT job for serveal years, i do odd and ends, mostly lawn care and mechanic stuff. Economy stinks right now, Don't have to tell you that. My job career is getting more thinner as i was dianosed with type 2 Dibetics 2 months ago and on medicane for that along with hypertention, Thanks to Obama I will end up having to get health care guess that's good they help with my meds and test stuff I hope but something else monthy or anual to have to pay.

Anyhow hope to see some flight videos from you soon.

Chris

koolkrabber47
05-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Thank for the reply and pictures. Snow. hardly... But this year we got it like 3 or 4 times 2010.. that's a record. was getting it last of 2009 couple times also.. Cold. well anything under 50 is cold for me LOL. About the low 20s or high teens as cold as it gets here. way to cold for me I do not like cold weather.

Wish my father had gotten me a job But I have found all mine on my own and right now have been out of a FT job for serveal years, i do odd and ends, mostly lawn care and mechanic stuff. Economy stinks right now, Don't have to tell you that. My job career is getting more thinner as i was dianosed with type 2 Dibetics 2 months ago and on medicane for that along with hypertention, Thanks to Obama I will end up having to get health care guess that's good they help with my meds and test stuff I hope but something else monthy or anual to have to pay.

Anyhow hope to see some flight videos from you soon.

Yeah Chris, up until now i didn't even know where Georgia was......i just looked it up on google maps, your in the uppermost, north-east corner of your state......Wow, i was way off......now i see why it doesn't get that cold there or snow for that matter......yeah, i'm not too crazy about anything under 50 here either.......it's stay's around 50-80 degrees here most of the year......we're right on the beach and it gets windy but, not very cold......the temperature gets down to about 30-35 in december and january for a couple of weeks but, that's all right because we're mostly indoors with family that time of year because of the holidays.......i start my commercial crabbing job, on the Pacific Ocean every year on December 1st.....i bundle up pretty good for my job, so i don't get that cold as long as i wear all the right gear???.....mostly only my hands get freezing cold......

as far as me getting my son's the job's they have right now, that was just circumstantial......we happened to be in the right place, at the right time......i guess you could say, god blessed us.......remember now, i told you i ended up in this area, because i lost my high-paying Union job after 22 yrs......368 people worked in that factory with me and everybody went out the door......what i'm saying is, when it comes to life, it could have gone either way......when i lost my job after 22 yrs., i thought that was the end of the world.......i too was out of work for 2 yrs., before this fishing job landed in my lap......never give up,Chris.....keep your chin up and your ears open and wait patiently for your next opportunity......sorry to hear your not in the best of health.....diabetise is not good......my brother in law had it really,really bad, about a year ago.......he lost all of his strength and couldn't hardly work, he was really tired all of the time......they put him on meds and a really strict diet......they told him at the stage he was at, it could still be cured with medicine and the strict diet but , if he didn't follow the diet, he would be sticking a needle in his belly for the rest of his life......he stuck to it and lost a lot of weight and feels great and is like brand new person......i'm very proud of him, he is like my best friend......you make sure to take care of yourself and work extra hard to get better......BTW, i'm really glad you enjoyed the pictures:D......too bad you live so far away, it would be a blast to take you fishing one of these day's......i haven't taken any RC flight related pictures with that camera but, i did use it to post some pic's here on WattFlyer and help a newbie get his trainer plane in order????........oooops, it's getting late....i'll finish this tomorrow, Chris;).......(KOOLKRABBER47).......

Chris

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

EpoweredRc
05-21-2010, 05:51 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
????

koolkrabber47
05-21-2010, 07:12 PM
????????

sorry about that weird one,Chris.....at the end of my post, for some reason WattFlyer was saying that i had to enter atleast one letter......it was not acknowledging my whole post, that i had just left???....it said to hit any key just once.......i hit the first key i could think of, with out really paying attention....hey it worked, my post went thru......i know, that's a weird one???....never seen it happen before on this forum......disregard it, it was some kinda fluke......took me awhile to write and answer your questions, didn't want to erase it and start all over???...... aaarrrggghhhh, dang computers???.......????????????

EpoweredRc
05-21-2010, 11:51 PM
????

sorry about that weird one,Chris.....at the end of my post, for some reason WattFlyer was saying that i had to enter atleast one letter......it was not acknowledging my whole post, that i had just left???....it said to hit any key just once.......i hit the first key i could think of, with out really paying attention....hey it worked, my post went thru......i know, that's a weird one???....never seen it happen before on this forum......disregard it, it was some kinda fluke......took me awhile to write and answer your questions, didn't want to erase it and start all over???...... aaarrrggghhhh, dang computers???.......????????????

aww that stinks, my net has been messing up lots ( firefox) so If I do a long reply I try to remember to highlight right click and copy before I hit the sumit button so if it does something funky I can just paste it back and try again. Gets annoying sometimes, Computors and the net ...

koolkrabber47
05-22-2010, 08:02 AM
aww that stinks, my net has been messing up lots ( firefox) so If I do a long reply I try to remember to highlight right click and copy before I hit the sumit button so if it does something funky I can just paste it back and try again. Gets annoying sometimes, Computors and the net ...

Want to know the funny thing,Chris???.....this is the brand new top-of-line HP Pavilion Elite.....it's their best with Windows 7 pro 64-bit OS and the New I-7 Quad-Core processor, 8 GB on the hard drive and 1 TB of memory, also has kick-ass graphics with 1 GB dedicated memory and full HD 1080p 25" flat screen monitor with HDMI.......don't figure,huh???......spend all that money to avoid those problems and they still haunt you.......BTW, i'm supposed to have really good weather sunday, i hope i can get some good video using the key chain camera and my SIG E-FORCE......we just had a nasty storm blow through here tue. wed. and yesterday......60 mph winds and light rain.......it was really nice and sunny and dry today but, still to much wind for my little 15 oz. plane (10-15 mph)......the power went out and so i spent all day yesterday building another plane....got the motor, ESC, receiver and servos mounted, all that's left is the control linkages and program the radio.......didn't get to work on it today, the wifey got paid and it was her day off, had to do the shopping thing......she works tomorrow and sunday, i will finish it tomorrow and fly it sunday along with my E-FORCE......i let you go now,Chris.......it's midnight and your probably asleep by now, it's my turn to check out too.......thanx for the conversation......hope you have good flying weather this weekend,too........(KOOLKRABBER47)......;):D:p>

EpoweredRc
05-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah PC's great when they work right!... I know my dads had his issues with them. yeah today is out big County day thing we put on so i will be leaving in a few to get there by 8am to help set up. I plan to take pictures and videos so I will post. hope to get some good of both

We do candy drop for the kids
this year doing a paracute drop whoever grabs it gets $1
We do buddy box to let whoever wants to try flying give it a try.
we raffle off a trainer airplane and radio to go with it.

its our way of saying thanks to the county for use of the property and we share the property with the Paulding county sherriff dept. training facility so we raise the money and give it to them, they use it to buy bullet proof vests and such items.

you have a great weekend get that plane finished what you building? and get that other one in the air.

Chris

koolkrabber47
05-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah PC's great when they work right!... I know my dads had his issues with them. yeah today is out big County day thing we put on so i will be leaving in a few to get there by 8am to help set up. I plan to take pictures and videos so I will post. hope to get some good of both

We do candy drop for the kids
this year doing a paracute drop whoever grabs it gets $1
We do buddy box to let whoever wants to try flying give it a try.
we raffle off a trainer airplane and radio to go with it.

its our way of saying thanks to the county for use of the property and we share the property with the Paulding county sherriff dept. training facility so we raise the money and give it to them, they use it to buy bullet proof vests and such items.

you have a great weekend get that plane finished what you building? and get that other one in the air.

Chris

Yeah that would be wonderful......i'd really like to see some videos, pic's of your Fun-Fly.......My club holds their Fun-Fly on Fourth of July weekend.......i've only been a member for 1 1/2 yrs., as far as i know they don't raise money but, i will mention it......maybe my club can raise money for the Boy's and Girl's club here in my area???......the Boy's and Girl's club only came about last year, before that they didn't have much for the kid's to do after school......it's great that you guy's try to raise money for the sheriff's dept., they work soooo hard and yet it seems like they're alway's getting their budgets cut.......that's got to be sooooo frustrating????......the candy drop and the parachute drop are great ideas, i'm gonna have to suggest that at our next meeting for the Fun-Fly......donating the Trainer is great for a raffle......i'm gonna donate a trainer this year,too and a couple of other goodies like some LiPo Batteries, maybe a charger.......i was thinking of taking my huge stainless steel BBQ and sell hot dogs and hamburgers but, not sure if i would have to get a food handlers permit???......i also want to volunteer to set up a Charging Station for anybody that needs it and some extra tables of my own and make sure my club is properly prepared to host this event and hopefully make a huge impression on everybody that attends, whether they fly or not........i know i'll be super busy that day but, that's alright, it's only one day a year.......

the plane i'm building right now is the ACCEL HOBBIES KATANA 30ES 3D'er with a E-Flite PARK 450 890kv motor, Castle Creations Pheonix 25 Esc, ZIPPY 3S 11.1v 1800 mah 25c LiPo........i also need to build my Great Planes FlatOut Series RCU Edition BiPlanes foamie with a Electrifly RimFire 370 950kv motor, Electrifly Silver Series 12 Esc, Turnigy 3S 7.4v 640mah 15c LiPo AND i already built my Venom Racing A6M Zero ParkFighter(combat) Series that came with a Venom Racing V20L brushless motor and Venom racing V Series 25amp Brushless Esc.......i'm gonna go with a Turnigy 3S 11.1v 1550mah, i mounted everything about a month ago, i was just waiting for a receiver crystal and 3 batteries that i ordered.......i got this stuff delivered about a week ago, as soon as i'm done with the Katana, i will go back and finish the Zero......are you ready for this???.....i also have a Precision Aerobatics Electric Shock plane on the back burner......i'm gonna go with their recommended set-up......i bought all these planes last summer and i'm trying to hurry and get them done for summer flying......i live on the beach and closest hobby shop is 2+ hour's away, hardest part of building for me is waiting for parts delivery from my internet orders.......let me know of any good projects you got going.....i'm alway's interested in a good flying plane like your Slick.......i checked the 3D Hobbies web site....i fell in love with the 70incher.......SWEEEEEET.......Ha! Ha! Ha!.......I'll let you know how that goes???......i want one BIG plane for those windy day's......i'd like to go electric but, gas would actually be heavier and more stable in the wind, maybe 50cc or better.......what do you think???....LMK????.......we'll enough for now.....i gotta get to building if i'm gonna wanna finish this plane and fly it tomorrow???.......nice talking to you,Chris and hope you have a great day Hosting your FunFly.......(KOOLKRABBER47)........;):D:p>

koolkrabber47
05-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Hoooorraaaaay.......got her done.....motor's in, esc's in, servo's, linkages are all lined up.....got the JR X6102 computer radio programmed with normal rates low and with craaaazzzyyy high rates for 3d......wish you were here, Buddy, you could maiden her.......pictures pending......hope everything went well today......hope you raised tons of money for the sheriffs dept........(KOOLKRABBER47).......

EpoweredRc
05-23-2010, 08:06 PM
yes our County day went prety good, it was clody and overcast for lot of the day but ended up some blue skys we had a ton of kids that tryed flying, I don't think but maybe 3 adults gave it a try but everyone had fun. they changed things last minute and they got those strofoam gliders from like walmart and gave one of those to the kid who caught the paracute guy. they had fun and was jumping over each other trying to get it lol we did three of those driffrent times during the day. we droped candy 5-6 times duiring the day. all but two where perfect right on the center of the runway.. had two driffrent plane/pilots doing drops.

Not sure how much money we ended up rasing but we will give them 1,000 I'm sure as always even if we have to add few bucks into it.

Sounds like you got some nice planes building and to get going there. I just got a flatout from a fellow flyer but its heavy i need my Hobbyking order to get in and try a smaller motor. im guessing maybe 80 watts should fly it.

I like big planes look nice, they get a WOW from everyone and look very impressive even if you can't do much ( seems everyone thinks if you have a huge one u must be a great pilot but people I know prove that wrong)

There is nothing i would rather have then a huge electric plane but batterys are issues and how do you tranport them? and put them even at home? just so darn big. 40 sized has always been my size to have. But I enjoy flying other peoples big ones. guess the biggest I have flown is a 30 percent scale Extra 300... Pilot/owner got mad when i flew it better then he could.

I put on a show with my Aj slick yesterday and my helicoptor the kids really enjoyed both of those. i would love to have the bigger Aj slick the 52 inch being real about it, or the one above that I think 72 inch one. I think

I got lots of pictures I need to post and I got one video from the sky I will post by tonight. I am still tired it was a long day, left about 7am got home about 7pm cut grass for two hours then ate went to bed. got up about 8 today cut more grass then drove back out to my folks house after droping off the gf. it is HOT! today 89 I think was going to be the high, I want to go to the feild out here and fly my heli I need to start flying it everyday I can to get to where I want to be at. but its hot might take a nap then go after dinner.

Chris

EpoweredRc
05-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Okay here is the video from the air of out County day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtj1p1x85Y0And this is a slide show video of the pictures I took. Well my GF took Thanks Aleshia for taking them all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXJYcXHvfM
The guy in Grey Cut off shirt in man of the pictures is myself,Well I uploaded a picture of myself. the one in yellow tie die looking shirt on otherside table is my father.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqXJYcXHvfM)

koolkrabber47
05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Want to know the funny thing,Chris???.....this is the brand new top-of-line HP Pavilion Elite.....it's their best with Windows 7 pro 64-bit OS and the New I-7 Quad-Core processor, 8 GB on the hard drive and 1 TB of memory, also has kick-ass graphics with 1 GB dedicated memory and full HD 1080p 25" flat screen monitor with HDMI.......don't figure,huh???......spend all that money to avoid those problems and they still haunt you.......BTW, i'm supposed to have really good weather sunday, i hope i can get some good video using the key chain camera and my SIG E-FORCE......we just had a nasty storm blow through here tue. wed. and yesterday......60 mph winds and light rain.......it was really nice and sunny and dry today but, still to much wind for my little 15 oz. plane (10-15 mph)......the power went out and so i spent all day yesterday building another plane....got the motor, ESC, receiver and servos mounted, all that's left is the control linkages and program the radio.......didn't get to work on it today, the wifey got paid and it was her day off, had to do the shopping thing......she works tomorrow and sunday, i will finish it tomorrow and fly it sunday along with my E-FORCE......i let you go now,Chris.......it's midnight and your probably asleep by now, it's my turn to check out too.......thanx for the conversation......hope you have good flying weather this weekend,too........(KOOLKRABBER47)......;):D:p>

well, wasn't able to get any flying in this weekend:mad:......my nephew's came by, unannounced???? and i ended up entertaining them and their Truck Club Buddies for the weekend.......my nephew's are all about 22-28 yrs. old and they are in a Truck Club, mostly 40's, 50's and 60's full-size Ford and Chevy trucks......with the nice weather this weekend they got it in their brain to just drive out here to the coast and they didn't want to spend $100-$150 a day for a hotel, so me being the nice uncle that i am:cool:, i went ahead and put them up for the weekend.....and fed them:( ......Man, i love my nephew's and don't usually mind them stopping by but, after all that work i did on the Katana, i was really looking forward to the maiden:blah:......On the bright side, Chris, they did bring their "Hottie" girlfriends :$ and i got to stare at them all weekend:D......your pop's would have loved to sit in all the nice trucks they brought with them, lot's of memories i'll bet???......;):D

koolkrabber47
05-27-2010, 05:57 PM
This just in.....i bought another airplane on E-Bay this weekend......i just checked the Fedex Tracking number and it will arrive today.....i bought a Great Planes Electrifly Micro-Whizz for $29.00 shipped.......i googled it and it is described as a 3D funFly type aircraft......Should be a sweeeet Backyard Flyer......i have a E-Flite Park 400 motor i will put on it, it come's with a geared 280 but, the review's say that is way, way too small......i'm trying to build a small fleet(3-4) of SlowFlyer's that i can use to fly in the huge parking lot, across the street from my house......i will post my progress with the build as soon as it arrives......

koolkrabber47
06-25-2010, 01:08 AM
chris, how you doin' old buddy......are you floating around here somewhere.....just wanted to see how your special Father's Day went.....i really hope you had a wonderful time flying and BBQ'ing with your pop's and tell him Happy Father's Day for me.......i too had a good day, here at the coast, with my son's and with my nephews and their kid's......we flew kites on the beach, got on the old skool carnival rides, enjoyed the arcade games and we went to eat at the best hamburger joint in the State of Washington......sorry i've not posted here on the forums for close to a month......my fishing season started in may and really took off in june......we've been mostly sturgeon fishing in the Columbia River and just started Salmon fishing for KING Salmon the last couple of day's in the Pacific Ocean......BTW, i saw a post somewhere around here of your Special Lady, i think in HeliFreak or allMYrc......You are one lucky man to have her flying with you, side by side.....i'll get back to you real soon, let me know what your up to and how you are doing "health wise"......i only wish the best for you and hope your medical issue are improving......sounds like you and your club had a great FunFly......my club is having their Annual FunFly on the Fourth of July, i hope all goes well......i did get out to fly, two weekends in a row, about three weeks ago.....what a blast, it had been soooo long since i flew......i took a half a dozen planes with me both times and got to fly them all, all day.....i went thru a gallon and a half each day.....mucho dinero$$$$ in fuel costs.....have you bought any new toy's???....what have you done so far with your key chain camera???....inquiring minds want to know,Ha! Ha! Ha!......get back to me, let me know how your doing.....hope this planet is treating you well and you are in the best of health, too......KOOLKRABBER47.......:D;):p>

EpoweredRc
06-28-2010, 04:23 AM
wow I have not been on here in a while. I guess fathers day was good, i am not a father, i was gone in morning but got home about lunch, flew with the park crew that morning, told my father happy father day, he said Oh that is today isn't it lol...

I not been fooling with my camera much. I am trying to get the money to build a 500 size heli. I been flying my heli more and more doing more 3D with it, dad just got Phonex flight sim for us to pritaice with and it seems to be teaching me a few thing, just having issue with my eye site i can not see the blade 400 hardly anymore w/o perfect blue sky.

I have been putting together a All electric fly we having it july 10th. hope to have all go well with it.

you can read all about it here.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721371#post721371

yes my gf has just got her first heli a MCX, and started hovering it today. hope she will pick it up as fast as she did airplanes. shes got a HK250 on order. told her not the best first or 2nd heli but she wants one can build her self to learn about.

take care i was just getting ready for bed myself.

BTW my health is about the same thanks for asking. taking my med, been high a lil but trying keep it down this heat really gets to me i have to stay inside in the AC.
we fly about 7am-9am then come home.