PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got One

FREEBIRD
05-27-2010, 03:07 AM
The Great Planes Electric Seawind, and it is a very nice performing plane. I'm using 2200 mah batts so it's a little heavier and faster, but it takes off, flies .and lands perfectly. Tower had them for $159 with a $15 off coupon, and free shipping for a reciver ready version. :D

Don Sims
05-27-2010, 03:09 AM
So it gets up to step nicely? They are a nice looking plane.

TylerJCooper
05-27-2010, 03:09 AM
Congrats. It is a very nice plane. I hope to also add one to my hanger someday. Enjoy.

FREEBIRD
05-27-2010, 04:04 AM
So it gets up to step nicely? They are a nice looking plane.

You have to be smooth on take off and let it get up to speed, and it looks really scale, if you've flown some low wing sport planes, and have a little experience off water, its a breeze. It's also the newer EPP type foam, they used to be EPS bead, and were very fragile. Once in the air it will move pretty good, and do all sport plane aerobatics. Water handling is great, and it doesn't take on water (I taped the front winf seam also). My friends have the larger glow version and they couldn't get them to fly very well and were hard to handle, not so with the little e version. I've flown a lot of planes off of floats and like these flying boats way better.

MaxAdventure
05-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Congrats!

I've loved that planform since Laddie Mikulasko's 'NorthStar' was on the cover of RCM.

The Seawind is really a beautiful plane!

http://www.youngeagles.org/photos/gallery/Monoplanes/SeawindSNA3000_1.jpg

FREEBIRD
05-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Congrats!

I've loved that planform since Laddie Mikulasko's 'NorthStar' was on the cover of RCM.

The Seawind is really a beautiful plane!

http://www.youngeagles.org/photos/gallery/Monoplanes/SeawindSNA3000_1.jpg

Nice shot, I whish they would do a little electric Northsatr ARF as well, such a cool looking aircraft.

FREEBIRD
05-30-2010, 02:14 AM
It's 80-85deg here and sunny, the little Seawind is making for some nice pond flying. I have about a dozen packs through this bird and it's fantastic. The thing rolls very jetlike and axial, waterhandling is also great, it almost drives around like an RC car. Other great thing is you never have to worry about soccer players on the landing strip. Hot weather and seaplanes, you can't beat it.:D

TylerJCooper
05-30-2010, 02:28 AM
It sure looks great!

Jim Casey
06-08-2010, 01:37 PM
"Nice shot, I whish they would do a little electric Northstar ARF as well, such a cool looking aircraft."
Look for the "Twinkle". Plans are available. You'll have to build it, but you'll have a little electric northstar when yu're done. There is another called a Polaris, that IS an electric ARF.

FREEBIRD
06-08-2010, 11:19 PM
"Nice shot, I whish they would do a little electric Northstar ARF as well, such a cool looking aircraft."
Look for the "Twinkle". Plans are available. You'll have to build it, but you'll have a little electric northstar when yu're done. There is another called a Polaris, that IS an electric ARF.

I knew they had a Polaris kit, didn't know they were doing an ARF, may have to check that out.

Jim Casey
06-09-2010, 12:42 AM
My bad. the Polaris IS a kit.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954314