PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I Just Found This Place!

Randy Due
03-26-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm a regular over at the "other" forum. Just thought I'd introduce myself here.

Randy

firemanbill
03-26-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey Randy and welcome, I too just started here from another forum. I like here a lot!

Bill

Rugar
03-26-2006, 02:12 AM
Welcome to WattFlyer Randy and Bill!
I hope you enjoy yourselves here. If you have any questions about the forums or need any help finding your way around, don't hesitate to ask.

Randy Due
03-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Looks like a great place to hang out. I like the gallery better than the blogs in other forums.

Randy

Don Sims
03-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey guys! Welcome!!

Psssst Randy....we don't mind you mentioning or linking to RCG... ;)

debhicks
03-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome and you will find everyone here most helpful and a lot of good information. Have fun.

admin
03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Randy,

Hi. Welcome to WattFlyer.com! Glad to see you found your way here :)

Randy Due
03-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Hey guys! Welcome!!

Psssst Randy....we don't mind you mentioning or linking to RCG... ;)

Ha Ha! Thanks, Don. I wasn't sure what the policy was about that, so I was walking softly.;)

Thanks everyone!

Randy

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Hey Randy! Glad you're here, we need some more AP'ers!!

Randy Due
03-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey Randy! Glad you're here, we need some more AP'ers!!

So this is where you've been!:D I see a few other familiar names here too. Glad I found it.

Randy

Kyle G.
03-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Yea, I go to and from each AP forum. Seems activity (as far as picture taking) has slowed down in the RCG forum. Not sure if its because people aren't going out flying, new moderation/changes, who knows. This forum is nice though.

Randy Due
03-31-2006, 02:35 AM
Yea, I go to and from each AP forum. Seems activity (as far as picture taking) has slowed down in the RCG forum. Not sure if its because people aren't going out flying, new moderation/changes, who knows. This forum is nice though.

Yeah, things have changed in RCG. Seems like a lot of people have left and the gallery is gone...just not as active as it used to be. It is nice to have a couple of different places to go to and from.

crast test dummie
03-31-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm a regular over at the "other" forum. Just thought I'd introduce myself here.

Randy
Hey Randy,

Welcome to wattflyer!!!:)

CTD

Steve Nolan (eBird)
03-31-2006, 05:29 AM
Yeah, what is up with that stupid blog thing replacing the gallery??

We need to get another contest going here so get some activity....

Kyle G.
03-31-2006, 05:36 AM

I don't know either... I just put all my pictures in a blog and use that as my gallery. I'm up for another contest.

aviatordave
03-31-2006, 01:30 PM

I think as soon as it turns nice for most of the world we will see alot more pictures. A contest would be nice to get things moving.

blog ....schmog - I hear ya

Dave

Randy Due
03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I think as soon as it turns nice for most of the world we will see alot more pictures. A contest would be nice to get things moving.

blog ....schmog - I hear ya

Dave

B - big
L - lay
O - out
G - goof
:D

Yeah, things are getting green around here. I need to build a pod/mount for my Nikon, so I can get it in the air. I just finished a new plane, but only have video on it for now. Stripped down the old plane so I could teach my son how to fly. Another month or so and the weather will be more cooperative too.

Randy

Randy Due
03-31-2006, 03:07 PM

I don't know. You can post pictures in a blog, but it's just not the same as going to the gallery pages, to me. Oh well...

admin
03-31-2006, 04:31 PM
So you guys think we should keep our galleries "as is" right? No blogs?

I can make a separate subcategory for Aerial Photography in our gallery. Would this be something everyone in AP would find useful?

Randy Due
03-31-2006, 05:24 PM
So you guys think we should keep our galleries "as is" right? No blogs?

I can make a separate subcategory for Aerial Photography in our gallery. Would this be something everyone in AP would find useful?

If I would have to choose between a gallery or blogs, I vote for no blogs. Personally, I like having a "My Gallery" type set-up, where each member is allowed a certain amount of space to upload pics and videos. A separate AP subcategory would be nice. But, mainly it's the blog thing that I don't like. Thanks for asking this. It's nice to have a vote!:D

Randy

admin
03-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Randy,

Thanks. The sites I run are always driven by the democratic process. Why give users anything they don't want? It is always best to ask and find out and go with the majority (and then try and make a user option to ALSO satisfy the minority - i.e. the opt-in ads here are one example).

Anyway if the AP crowd wants a separate AP category in the gallery it is easy to setup. Just LMK

marc

Steve Nolan (eBird)
04-01-2006, 03:33 AM
An AP category would be great. As the AP crowd on WF grows, a place in the gallery for aerial photos will really be nice.

admin
04-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Ok..if anyone else is for/against a separate subcategory in the photo gallery please sound off so we get a feel if everyone or most are in agreement. I think it is a good idea!

aviatordave
04-01-2006, 05:13 AM
An AP category would be great. As the AP crowd on WF grows, a place in the gallery for aerial photos will really be nice.

I'll second that.

Galleries - Good

Blogs - Bad

meegosh
04-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I haven't begun to take APs but I am buying a PenCam 1.3SD and going to try my luck. Even though I am not a true AP'er (yet), I still love coming to these forums and looking at all the amazing shots! I say add a seperate subcategory to the gallery for AP! That's my vote! :)

BTW, welcome to WattFlyer Randy! Everyone here is much nicer than the RCG crowd, and they are very helpful! They helped get me going into this great hobby from picking a plane to how to mod them. Great place, great people, and last but not least, a great admin.

Randy Due
04-06-2006, 09:54 PM
I haven't begun to take APs but I am buying a PenCam 1.3SD and going to try my luck. Even though I am not a true AP'er (yet), I still love coming to these forums and looking at all the amazing shots! I say add a seperate subcategory to the gallery for AP! That's my vote! :)

BTW, welcome to WattFlyer Randy! Everyone here is much nicer than the RCG crowd, and they are very helpful! They helped get me going into this great hobby from picking a plane to how to mod them. Great place, great people, and last but not least, a great admin.

Pencam SD is a great place to start. It's easily hacked and light weight. It's inexpensive too, which is good for those "hard landings":rolleyes: . Really though, those Pencams are tough as nails, Even though mine was slammed, hurled and even stuck in trees....it still works.

Randy

KarlB
04-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Hey guys, so this is where Steve went hiding! :)

I'll throw out a last minute call for possible vacation AP flying get-togethers: I'll be in Moab, Utah for the first part of this coming week. My usta-was-a-Slowstick is coming along to haul a Nikon Coolpix P2 aloft out in canyon country. Contact me quick if you're in the area, as we're leaving Friday evening.

I'll burn up this month's bandwidth allotment by posting a few of my past favorite aerial videos. Save to your own computer for best performance, and enjoy!

Jaunt around a tall railroad bridge (57mb):
http://www.stcroixap.rchomepage.com/video/FallRRlg.wmv

Summer on the St. Croix River (23mb):
http://www.stcroixap.rchomepage.com/video/North%20Hudson.wmv

Flying through fog banks on the shore of Lake Superior (23mb):
http://www.stcroixap.rchomepage.com/video/SandBay.wmv

Steve Nolan (eBird)
04-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Hey Karl!

As luck would have it I'm going to be stuck in Seattle that week at a conference...
Sure would have been fun to meet ya in Moab, though.

Looking forward to seeing some of the photos you get, as you know it's an extremely photogenic area.

A super cool thing to do would be to take the chair lift up the cliff (SW side of the town of Moab) and get some AP from up there.
It's a spectacular view with vertical drop off to the west, overlooking canyonlands and the river.