PDA

View Full Version : How do you terminate an account?

desmobob
03-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I went to the User CP page and can't find an option for cancelling my account....

thanks,
desmobob

MikeMc
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
You just delete the bookmark and don't come back. That'd be my guess.

Rugar
03-29-2006, 01:00 AM
I went to the User CP page and can't find an option for cancelling my account....

thanks,
desmobob

Why do you want to do that? Are you mad at us? What can we do to change your mind?

Accounts cant be cancelled because all your posts would then disappear, and then threads that you have posted in would have skipped messages in them and not make any since.

If your just wanting to cancel so you can start a new user name, I can get your existing name changed if that's what the problem is. Just let me know.

desmobob
03-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Why do you want to do that? Are you mad at us? What can we do to change your mind?

I didn't realize that WattFlyer was an off-shoot of RCU.... I had enough of the "moderating" there and don't care to have any further affiliation with RCU. Nothing personal to the WattFlyer participants!

Accounts cant be cancelled because all your posts would then disappear, and then threads that you have posted in would have skipped messages in them and not make any since.

At RCU, there was a selection in the user control panel (or somewhere) that allowed me to cancel, terminate, erase, whatever, in one click (and with one additional "are you sure" click). I couldn't find anything similar here to purge me from the system.

Goobye and good flying,
desmobob

Rugar
03-29-2006, 01:44 AM
Is there anything we can do to charge your mind? WattFlyer is a complete separate site from RCU. We have totally separate Moderators here. Yes WattFlyer is owned by one of the owners of RCU, but besides that it is independent from it and run that way. We do are own thing here. Has any Moderators from here offended you in anyway? If its any consolation to you, I don't go to RCU myself.

Doppelganger
03-29-2006, 02:09 AM
I hope he gives us a chance. This place is 180 degrees from RCuniverse.

Don Sims
03-29-2006, 02:11 AM
Like Gerald, I don't visit RCU and look at WF as a totally seperate entity. Hopefully some day we'll grow up and have our own reviews!! Let us know via PM or here if there's an issue with one of the mods here.

We have a unique mission statement, advertising is optional, and quite frankly a heck of a great bunch of posters here. With 21 posts, hopefully you saw some good in the site!

thomdoe
03-29-2006, 02:49 AM
Desmobob,I can tell you I felt the same, some people came at me hard and fast. I was and am new at all of this. A few PM's to the mod's and here I am. I do learn every day. Some of the info is from guy's that are many years in the hobby. They wouldn't give it up on the field, but will write forever here. You don't have to get out, Just look this is a great place for ele. Keith

Geoff_Gino
03-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Wasn't for this place I would still be "battling" with Glocell.

MikeMc
03-29-2006, 07:23 AM
What was that guy's name at RCU, Dr1Driver (not sure) but real name was Fred. OMG, I got into it so much crap with him. hahahaha. Plus when the jet guys tore into me for simply repeting something some other user said but they thought I came up with it. They wanted to know where I live and stuff. Crazy!

WACOFlyer
03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but some of us are sick and tired of the censorship we have received from RC Groups. Some have recently migrated here because of it. It seems the advertiser $$$$ rule of there. Don't complain about certain vendors or else.......

admin
03-30-2006, 06:15 AM
desmo - I can deactivate your account here but you should go in and remove any subscriptions first if you have any to ensure you don't get notified of threads you are subscribed to. Not sure if VB would try to send to an "unregistered" status user. have never tested it.

Also if you want to PM me if something bad happened on rcu for me to take a look at I'd be happy to. The only thing I can find is where a post of yours was removed a couple weeks ago in a mfg support forum...I don't know if an rcu mod did that or the mfg mod who runs the forum did. If this is what it was about PM me the whole story so I can see if something should be addressed.

You have about 600 posts on rcu and are an early member. Even if you do decide to go no matter what I'd like to know what motivated you. We value the members and especially veterans of the site like yourself so shoot me a pm and lmk what happened.