PDA

View Full Version : Instruction Manual(?) for a discus 4.0 m Sailplane

hay hauler
08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Hello out there,

I could use some help/advice/instructions for a discus 4.0 m sailplane I purchased from nitroplanes.com.

Has anybody else built one of these ARF fiberglased body sailplanes?? What was in the kit is a less than satisfactory xeroxed/fax'd 8 1/2" x 11" double-sided sheet of paper. Not what I am used to for a $200.00 kit.

I can probably figure it out, but if someone has been here before me, I would apprecviate some input.

Dave

jcwall
08-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I Must Have Same Sailplane Don'ttell You Nothing On How To Put It To Gather Hope Some One Help Us

Jcwall

Slopemeno
10-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Sounds like you got the AMD 4-meter kit? Most of the large glider kits are pretty similar, with variations in the details. Youre going to need to install aileron and flap/spoiler servos the wings (mini-servos with covers, easy to do)and put two full size servos in the front with control snakes to move the rudder and elevator. You can also use a mini-servo mounted in the fin for the elevator to avoid the running a snake up the fin to the elevator. I just did this to my DG-800 and I wish I had done this from the start. If your plane uses a rocker or bellcrank for the elevator you'll probably be ok.
You might think about glassing the inside of the cockpit area with a layer of 'glass, as the cockpit is a weak spot on most scale planes.
Other than that, you'll love how big scale planes fly. They cover lots of ground, and when you find lift they climb like crazy. A little dicey to land, as they dont really want to slow down, but really fun. Make sure to get some assistance for your maiden flight.