PDA

View Full Version : Auto Timing?

johnandles
08-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi ,just recently bought a couple of 'Nitrak' 30 amp brushless esc's. (AKA towerpro). these units seem to work ok so far ...just cant understand the Auto timing 'as advertised?!:confused:
I also have jeti opto 77 amp which has hard /soft timing option.(I can set ..and understand);)
can someone explain 'Auto Timing'...
Johnno

EpoweredRc
08-18-2005, 01:51 PM
First,Weclome to the site Johnno.

It is timing for like your car,you can adjust the timing for the motor.We use defalt on the Castle creations escs.yours I would guess to just leave it on whatever normal would be.

johnandles
08-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reply, only that these ESC have no options for timing,only advertised as "auto Timing".
I know that most Esc have some "programmability". I wonder if the ESC in question is set to a base timing and not Auto? (what ever 'auto' could be!).:D
johnno

EpoweredRc
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, only that these ESC have no options for timing,only advertised as "auto Timing".
I know that most Esc have some "programmability". I wonder if the ESC in question is set to a base timing and not Auto? (what ever 'auto' could be!).:D
johnno

oh,allright.never heard of a esc you couldnt set,See I learned something also.I dont know how the factory would set them.