PDA

View Full Version : Awesome FPV

firemanbill
11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Crazy Cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgUoR_7gzzM

tobydogs
11-12-2010, 01:14 AM
yikes!!:eek: flew so close to the ground:Q. i wonder how long it takes a pilot to learn to fly that way......also wonder how many planes and camaras it takes....lol....very cool vids.

gramps2361
11-12-2010, 01:34 AM
yikes!!:eek: flew so close to the ground:Q. i wonder how long it takes a pilot to learn to fly that way......also wonder how many planes and camaras it takes....lol....very cool vids.

I was thinking the same thing Stu how many planes and video gear to get that good.

Thanks Bill I forget to check in on these guys they do great vids and the music is always topnotch to. Did anyone find themselves twisting in their chair and tilting your head as you where watching I know I did.:Q

Nitro Blast
11-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Man, I dont think there is any one else in the world making that cool of RC flight videos.

Scenery, Skills, Technology, Music...

Yeah Gramps, I was flying it all the way too.

liveforflying
11-20-2010, 04:32 PM
hey what camera are you using ?

TDisaster
11-20-2010, 05:52 PM

Looks like a GoPro.

firemanbill
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM

yeah I don't know bud, these are not my vids, I am just sharing what I found!

Nitro Blast
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM

The poster (FiremanBill) was not the pilot. It is a shared video.
Check out the link for the source.

And yup, its a GoPro HD.

aaron_gx
11-27-2010, 02:06 AM
thats trappy from austria. hes an awesome pilot for sure...

aaron_gx
11-27-2010, 05:46 AM
Here is some videos I made with my HobbyKing Skyfun setup for FPV. I like low & fast! :D
http://www.vimeo.com/15941362
http://www.vimeo.com/15415444
http://www.vimeo.com/14730184
I dont have a GoPro HD, this gives you the live link to the ground - static and all.

Nitro Blast
11-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Aaron,

I like your video, & your flying style. What I am not a fan of is you risking your model in a way that can damage someone elses property.

I was cool with it all until that pass by the windmills. At that moment I instantly recognized how much damage you can cause with an impact to one of those blades. Not to your plane, but to that expensive blade on an electrical generating device.

Let me make one point very clear:

At no time is it acceptable for you to use your model in a way that will cause damage, financial hardship, or possible hinder the well being of others. If that electricity came off line, and someone was hooked up to a breathing machine...

Please think outside your own circle of fun for a moment before acting like that or posting that up for others to copy.

Great video is not worth such foolish behavior.

--- stepping off soap box now.

gramps2361
11-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Not to mention flying around the buildings like that or through the bleachers.Just if by chance a crash occurred really stink to risk a fire in the bleachers or that school. Nice video, but on the reckless side like nitro pointed out.

Fly safe and you can still have some hot videos going.
John

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 03:31 AM
:D :D ....You must realise I've been through this all before. There was nothing wrong with flying near those giant composite blades with a 2lb foam plane. Tens of thousands of 5-20lb birds are struck and killed by these electrical generating devices each year. This, and inclement weather are all taken into account by the engineers building these devices.

There are 20 and 40 page discussions over on RCGroups about FPV safety. I have put no one's property in jeopardy, I fly nowhere near busy highways (see attached video for aerial pursuit chasing myself in my own car), or anywhere near people who are not aware of me.
http://www.vimeo.com/14513498

I could give many examples of people doing STUPID and dangerous things with RC planes. I always do a serious safety brainstorm before doing any of my stunts. I would agree with many of you if I were flying a large plane, with fuel on board. But this 2lb foam plane just isnt enough to damage more than my pride if I crash.

;) Glad you like the flying style though! I have a lot of fun.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 03:34 AM
If that electricity came off line, and someone was hooked up to a breathing machine...

You must read this back to yourself... :D I hope they'd have more than just one turbine powering that breathing machine.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Nice video, but on the reckless side like nitro pointed out.
2lb AUW hobbyking skyfun electric. I hit myself on a misjudged landing, and it didnt hurt. Check out some of those crashes in the end of the Best Of video. Its all the same plane.

Fly safe and you can still have some hot videos going.
John
Thanks, John. I always fly safe. Glad you guys are concerned with proper use of potentially dangerous equipment. :D

Larry3215
11-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Reminds me of those famous last words..... "Watch this!"

tobydogs
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Austria is quite a distance from the usa..:Q...and how people fly in other countries doesn't bother me much:ws:,there was one flight that bothered me on the greatest fpv videos film....it was when the pilot flew across a river and over the city to fly between the antennas of a very tall building,i don,t count the total weight of the plane,but if the battery falls 40 stories and hits someone:eek: ouch!:sad:thats going to hurt:blah:....it's important not to give rc'ers a bad rep for being thoughtless,careless,reckless,foolish....list goes on.:rolleyes:.

i love those mountain top flights,the remote villages videoed from above,the downhill race's style. even the car which was the pilots......but in one of the clips was a video of chasing a truck down the mostly deserted stretch of road. and a train. this is reckless in the realm of giving rc'ers a bad name.

well,no one asked me to put my 2cents in on this topic so i'll just leave it to each pilot to decide for themselves whats right for them and hope for the best that we in the good ol usa don't get restricted out of our hobby.

altimately we are all responsible to fly appropriately so globally we don't get criticized,whats seen as reckless flying overseas is easily veiwed here in the states and become part of the overall equation as to how to regulate our hobby by people who don't understand the videos shown.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
...there was one flight that bothered me on the greatest fpv videos film....it was when the pilot flew across a river and over the city to fly between the antennas of a very tall building...

...in one of the clips was a video of chasing a truck down the mostly deserted stretch of road. and a train. this is reckless in the realm of giving rc'ers a bad name.

Very much agreed, those are the videos I think of when I think of unsafe flying. Flying over busy city areas, over people, moving vehicles that do not know you are flying a plane over them.

http://www.vimeo.com/16234575
http://www.vimeo.com/15673532
http://www.vimeo.com/14915444

FPV is one of the most adrenaline pumping experiences you may have short of getting your pilot's license.

Nitro Blast
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
<---steps back onto soap box.

A bird does not choose to fly through those blades understanding the risk, but you are.
(Ok maybe you do not understand the risks, but simply ignore them)

Yes I know that one strike will not take the entire electrical grid off line.

Yes I understand the total mass of the airplanes you are flying.

You are choosing to be irresponsible and thats why I comment. Showing me videos of someone else doing something stupid, does in no way validate you doing something as equally stupid.

I clearly see via all those wonderful comments you have gotten on all of your videos that I am in the minority about your decisions to fly carelessly, but I'm fine with it. I still am 100% believing that flying through those wind generators is flat out dumb, and a very poor example. Being an ambassador for RC, there is no way I can or will condone those actions.

So now, I'm done commenting. I've made my point and position absolutely clear. I will now start doing some homework on the legality of what you have done on video so I may fully understand if there are any 'laws' or regulations regarding your FPV adventures (not just harboring assumptions that what you did is reckless), but I only see actions such as yours 'bringing the hammer down' on the 99% of other hobbyists that do not act in such a irresponsible manner.

Do I expect you to change or even care? No. I will however continue to hold RC Pilots responsible for their actions. I know people that do stupid stuff all the time. Does it make it ok? No.

Bub Steve
11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
<---steps back onto soap box.

A bird does not choose to fly through those blades understanding the risk, but you are.
(Ok maybe you do not understand the risks, but simply ignore them)

Yes I know that one strike will not take the entire electrical grid off line.

Yes I understand the total mass of the airplanes you are flying.

You are choosing to be irresponsible and thats why I comment. Showing me videos of someone else doing something stupid, does in no way validate you doing something as equally stupid.

I clearly see via all those wonderful comments you have gotten on all of your videos that I am in the minority about your decisions to fly carelessly, but I'm fine with it. I still am 100% believing that flying through those wind generators is flat out dumb, and a very poor example. Being an ambassador for RC, there is no way I can or will condone those actions.

So now, I'm done commenting. I've made my point and position absolutely clear. I will now start doing some homework on the legality of what you have done on video so I may fully understand if there are any 'laws' or regulations regarding your FPV adventures (not just harboring assumptions that what you did is reckless), but I only see actions such as yours 'bringing the hammer down' on the 99% of other hobbyists that do not act in such a irresponsible manner.

Do I expect you to change or even care? No. I will however continue to hold RC Pilots responsible for their actions. I know people that do stupid stuff all the time. Does it make it ok? No.
we could lose big time if "the powers that be" start look'in at stuff like this:concern:, common sense dictate we not not do anything to bring the hammer down on our sport:cool:,
Have FUN but Please be Safe:D,,,thanks Nitro,bubsteve

Larry3215
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
:D :D ....You must realise I've been through this all before. There was nothing wrong with flying near those giant composite blades with a 2lb foam plane..........snip......
There are 20 and 40 page discussions over on RCGroups about FPV safety. .....snip..... But this 2lb foam plane just isnt enough to damage more than my pride if I crash.

2lb AUW hobbyking skyfun electric. I hit myself on a misjudged landing, and it didnt hurt. .......

Obviously you've heard everything in this thread before and chosen to ignore it. That tells me everything I need to know about you.

Im sure Im wasting my time, but a 2lb plane is far from harmless and its irresponsible to make that statement on top of your other actions.

A very good friend of mine nearly lost an eye being hit by an 8oz foamy.

I know of several incidents involving small planes that required stitches after prop strikes.

Two different times in the last few years small electrics under 2 pounds have done hundreds of dollars of damage to cars at our field.

Another good friend of mine was hit by a 2 pound plane while he was flying causing him to drop hit Tx and crash his model. He had serious bruising and it cost him several hundred dollars.

There have been several reports of small foamies going down and starting grass fires or just catching fire when the pack went up in flames.

Your model looked to be flying in the 40 to 50 mile per hour range. I assume it has some sort of spinner or maybe just the prop shaft is exposed at the front? If that spinner or prop shaft hits someone in the head at those speeds it could easily kill them or do serious damage.

Hitting a carbon structure with a big fat bird is one thing. Punching small holes in it with the tip of a hi speed missile is another.

You are having a great time - and you are especially enjoying all this attention Im sure.

You probably get as much of a rush from the criticism and causing a stir as from the flying.

For that reason alone I almost didnt post this, but maybe, just maybe someone else will hesitate before they copy your actions.

You do not have my respect in any way.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Ok guys, I see how it is around here... :)

You all can have fun on sunday afternoon at your local r/c airfield, obeying all rules and regulations. Rules are good. When I break a real RULE, let me know. BTW, Im in Canada, you'll have to do your homework on MAAC, not AMA.

I know about all the "rules of thumb", and believe I make choices that wont endanger living beings, and take full responsibility for property I may damage. The wind turbine has been a source of debate in the past. Your argument is exactly word for word the same as many vetran-RC pilots.

But as you put it, nitro, I will likely go out and fly FPV next chance I get... And, as another user put it - "Hey guys! Watch THIS!!!" I've been trying to kill that SkyFun plane for over a year now, and I just cant do it. (on a serious note, the Skyfun is a great plane for FPV or just parkflying in general)

I digress, and with the response I got here, I realize that this forum is much too full of fear-mongering and whistle blowers for my liking. I havent spent much time here, and by the sound of it, you wont miss my absence.

Thanks guys, it was nice to meet you all anyways. When I get old and buy my own whistle, maybe we can get together... ;)

Take care, and Fly Safe!

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
hold on a sec... lets talk about flying and unnessesarily putting people and propert in jeopardy:
http://www.vimeo.com/5384723
This appears quite irresponsible, considering the source. A term you might be familiar with: pot calling kettle black?

better yet, a worst case scenario: you lose control of your electric slowstick and it comes hurtling down out of the sky and ends up a fireball on the roof of the local day care, which, at the time was full of children. The fire dept comes, but its too late.

Hows that? ;)

tobydogs
11-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Aaron,the vid didn't come up:rolleyes:,and don't feel run off the wattflyer site my friend......we are a very protective hobby of flying sites and in some areas like NJ,NY,conn,there are often flight restrictions placed on us when the president is in town:mad: and his cronies[:Q],we could very easily be shut down by our often unfriendly uncle sam who like to control everything.

big brother will not be allowed to rule our lives as the saying goes"don't tread on me" but government will try none the less.

you seem to be flying in wide open spaces,as for me,we fly over a large field but near a highway and a very large mall.....a stray plane could spell disaster for our site.

so don't condemn us as a bunch of old farts[only some of us are farts...lol].

Aron,do share your vids with us and be the voice of reason to fly fvp safely to all who want to try it....i know i would:ws:,stu

Gohmer
11-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Edited by request.

Nitro Blast
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
hold on a sec... lets talk about flying and unnessesarily putting people and propert in jeopardy:
http://www.vimeo.com/5384723
This appears quite irresponsible, considering the source. A term you might be familiar with: pot calling kettle black?

better yet, a worst case scenario: you lose control of your electric slowstick and it comes hurtling down out of the sky and ends up a fireball on the roof of the local day care, which, at the time was full of children. The fire dept comes, but its too late.

Hows that? ;)

Fair enough. I'll not dispute that. There are more videos of me flying over others in the desert also so you have every right to call me a hypocrite.

Wind turbine = $1.2 million I'm pretty sure the owner does not want you flying THROUGH the prop arc.

House Fly over: Permission granted by home owner, and neighbors for me to fly over their house (gave everyone still photos)

Whats the difference? I asked permission BEFORE I did it, and at no point was a collision with any object IN THE FLIGHT PATH.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
sorry to dissappoint, gohmer. Airplane videos can be very exciting.

I will leave you with this:
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/4/0/5/8/5/a3623281-114-vlcsnap-2010-11-26-14h20m26s104.jpg?d=1290869589
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/4/0/5/8/5/a3625171-87-vlcsnap-2010-11-23-23h30m26s0.jpg?d=1290935559

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Fair enough. I'll not dispute that. There are more videos of me flying over others in the desert also so you have every right to call me a hypocrite.

Wind turbine = $1.2 million I'm pretty sure the owner does not want you flying THROUGH the prop arc.

House Fly over: Permission granted by home owner, and neighbors for me to fly over their house (gave everyone still photos)

Whats the difference? I asked permission BEFORE I did it, and at no point was a collision with any object IN THE FLIGHT PATH.

Government wind farm. I own that turbine as much as the farmer (whom I know) who's land it resides on. ;) To ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME.

So, Nitro, is the wind turbine vid your only beef with me? Really? Or am I just some punk posting dangerous vids who just wants to start crap for attention? Did you watch anything else, or did you just shut it off when you saw wind tubine blades?

firemanbill
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
OK Enough Guys. Points have been made, all of which are WAY off topic so give it a rest.

Nitro Blast
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
OK Enough Guys. Points have been made, all of which are WAY off topic so give it a rest.

Thanks for the 'kick under the table' at dinner Firemanbill. I seem to have been the cause of the problem. It is a real adrenaline getter to see that on video and I could not 'not' make comment.

Just so there's no ill will with Aaron, heres what we live with here in the USA.

All RC flying in USA is covered in a Advisory Circular 91-57 which is NOT regulatory.
It is fairly vague in many areas, it says fly away from populated areas, noise sensative ares such as hospitals, schools etc., fly below 400ft and give way to full size airplanes.

Having said that be aware that a new set of rules being formulated regarding Remote Piloted Vehicles. These rules will be madatory and regulated. It will inculd rules regarding size and weight and max power ....I hear from some FAA sources ( I still have some) that it may BAN the use of turbine power models.

HOWEVER the AMA rules concerning FPV is contained in http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/550.pdf
from that document, you were not following all the rules. Yes, you are not in the USA. I can only comment on what I understand.

Aaron, I am a 'read the lines, not between them' kind of guy. I said where I had issue.
Aaron,
I like your video, & your flying style. What I am not a fan of is you risking your model in a way that can damage someone elses property.
I was cool with it all until that pass by the windmills.

aaron_gx
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM
cool. peace called. I understand your point. My point is that I do think about safety and dont consider what I do careless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaVyIYotTdI
Watch at 0:14... If you watch close, you see my plane fly through... ;)

BTW, that was a joke.

tobydogs
11-29-2010, 12:07 AM
wow ,glad peace is on the table...:Q....must say nitro,you broke every rule in the book :eek:. flying over populated areas[permission no excuse ],over moving traffic.....supprised someone looking up to see that strange plane didn't run into something,landing on a public street:blah: .flying over a busy highway:rolleyes:.

thing is we all break the rules flying in parks if we haven't checked with the local municipality if they allow it ,or when we toss a bird up in the local ball field with people walking nearby,or flying over the edge of a swim club so the little kids will shout "look at that RC plane!:oops:........or flying in one ball park while the soccer teams in the next town over using their field in the site of my plane flying.or never reporting hitting those tall field light poles.......need i go on.....i sadly enough could:ws:.i limit my flying to micro birds near a park where i work.......but a 3dxyak foamy is next to fly there with a 40" wingspan and I'll fly over ball fields that don't get used during the winter. it was in this park i almost lost a precision aerobatics plane heading toward town but i ditched it and wrecked it on purpose.:(

with peace on the table, lets all go forward with how to teach the young pilots how not to make the same mistakes we did[do],this is our responsibility to the hobby.

by the way ,to all the forum moderators,your doing a great job and this is the best forum site on line. great job gang!!

aaron_gx
06-22-2011, 05:47 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/24996150
done in a safe and controlled manner. Very early in the morning.

jhsg
07-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey guys,

This is what has been taking up all my time lately. FPV is like a drug!

http://vimeo.com/26154120

Cheers,

John

Nitro Blast
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
John,
Thats one of the most entertaining videos I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for that!

aaron_gx
08-21-2015, 05:48 AM
its been a few years, guys!

I'm baaaaack!
https://vimeo.com/128832905

Fishbonez
09-02-2015, 04:42 AM
well done looks like a great place to practice racing quads

firemanbill
09-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Cool!