PDA

View Full Version : Airborne Models P51 .40 size ARF

Doppelganger
04-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Has anyone built, and flown this pane? Or perhaps know where I can find a thread to such?

Steve

Pokke
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I have this model, though it's not setup electric. If we're talking about the World Models P-51 40 size.

Excellent plane and something I've been giving serious consideration for conversion. I run mine with a Saito 72 currently.

There was a big thread on RCG with a 60 sized conversion. Videos and all.

If you do this plane as an electric, PLEASE post updates and a build thread.

Doppelganger
04-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I've never done a build thread before. I figured I'm not really a good builder. But I may just do one for this plane. I have a camera and the will to build. So, yeah, I think I will. Thanks for the suggestion.;)

About the plane; How good are the retracts? They seem very sturdy. Unlike the Hangar 9 retracts that seemed a little thin. One guy said his wing tips would drag the ground when he would turn while taxiing. I hear they are better now. But only marginally. Can't speak from experience.

Steve

Pokke
04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Retracts have been fine in mine. I took the advice I read on RCG and thinned and brushed epoxy in the mounting area. I've got a couple dozen flights on that bird with no problems to report.

The build was very easy and straight forward. This ARF is very complete.

Doppelganger
04-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks Bro. I'll probably start on it after I finish my Scorpio Hellcat. I'm glad it's an easy build. I'm a very lazy builder.

Steve

Pokke
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
There are a few pics of my P-51 in my R/C photo gallery. Take a peek... http://www.thereedpage.com/gallery/RC

Doppelganger
04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Great pics. Those are some really nice planes. I especially like the Ultimate Bipe. That may be my next purchase. Thanks for sharing!

Steve