PDA

View Full Version : Don't 'Bug' me man. :)

Twmaster
04-10-2006, 03:31 AM
I just finished assembly of a GWS Easy Bug. What a cute critter! I had to get one after seeing Qban_flyer's and another member of our flying cabal fly theirs.

Power is via a motor/gearbox/prop/prop saver from a GP Flatout with a VampowerPro 3S 1050 Lipoly pack. 13.8A :eek: for 131W. Methinks I need to prop down a bit! :D

The rest is a Castle Creations Pixie 20P, 3 Hitec micro servos (HS-55/50), Hitec 555 RX. Elevon mixing done at the TX. AUW is 11.1 ounces.

http://www.twmaster.com/stuff/lady_bug.jpg

firemanbill
04-10-2006, 03:38 AM
looks good mike... I bet looks neat flying

I think I'll stick with the bugs I have...:)

qban_flyer
04-10-2006, 06:02 AM
HE, HE, HE.:D

It will fly bug like. I use a GWS RX in mine and Electrifly 640 mil 3 three cell packs swinging a 9X3.8SF APC.

Loverly flying little critters. Yours looks just PEACHY. :D

qban_flyer
04-10-2006, 06:03 AM
looks good mike... I bet looks neat flying

I think I'll stick with the bugs I have...:)
Does the one featured in your avatar fly? :eek:

Sky Sharkster
04-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi Mike, I can hear the comments now;
"Where's the flyswatter?"
"Don't BUG me!"
"That's MR. Ladybug, buster!"
"Can I feed it to my Boa?"
"Does it come shipped in a cocoon?"
And, of course, "Was that built or Hatched?"
Ron

darkside212
04-11-2006, 10:21 PM
I think I'm gonna make one out of blucor this weekend!

firemanbill
04-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Does the one featured in your avatar fly? :eek:

Well sort of. Instead of the stock 1200 cc 34 horse motor I've got a 1915 cc with a norris racing cam, 44mm Weber carb, big valve heads, high lift ratio rocker arms, computer controlled electronic ignition. i've never had it on a dyno but there is a few mustang 5.0's that could probably give you a pretty good idea of the horses it has...

It is about as close to flying as you can get and leave the ground...

qban_flyer
04-12-2006, 01:09 AM
I have a Blucor version of the venerable IFO powered by a 400XT, I call it the Blu-F-O. It rocks! :eek:

darkside212
04-12-2006, 02:16 AM
nice...what's the auw?

firemanbill
04-12-2006, 02:31 AM
;) about 2100 pounds...

OOhhHhh You meant Qban, or mike, sorry;)

darkside212
04-12-2006, 02:32 AM
lol

qban_flyer
04-12-2006, 04:21 AM
;) about 2100 pounds...

I weigh in at 206 pounds! :eek:

My Easy BuG a bit over 9 ounces. I think Mike's weighs in at a bit above 11 oz. or so. His RX and Li-Po pack are larger than the ones used with mine. :)

My Blu-F-O AUW is 12 oz with a three cell 910 mil Li-Po pack, FMA M5V2 and three HS-55 servos. Took me seven hours to trace, cut, assemble and paint. :D

skiman762
04-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Well sort of. Instead of the stock 1200 cc 34 horse motor I've got a 1915 cc with a norris racing cam, 44mm Weber carb, big valve heads, high lift ratio rocker arms, computer controlled electronic ignition. i've never had it on a dyno but there is a few mustang 5.0's that could probably give you a pretty good idea of the horses it has...

It is about as close to flying as you can get and leave the ground...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet:D

Twmaster
04-12-2006, 04:49 AM
;) about 2100 pounds...

Hey. HEY! Watch it buddy. Or this 6' 5" 350 pounder is gonna getcha for that! :)

Twmaster
04-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Flew the Bug today. Qban helped with the trim flight after that it was all me baybee!

Interesting to fly. Loads of fun. Goes vertical with ease and will loop from level flight at 50% throttle.

It has the descent rate of a clipped wing brick so one landing was a bit hard and knocked the landing gear off. No worry easy fix.

Darn fun plane to fly!

qban_flyer
04-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Flew the Bug today. Qban helped with the trim flight after that it was all me baybee!

Interesting to fly. Loads of fun. Goes vertical with ease and will loop from level flight at 50% throttle.

It has the descent rate of a clipped wing brick so one landing was a bit hard and knocked the landing gear off. No worry easy fix.

Darn fun plane to fly!Lead Brick, that is! :D Fun flying Bugz! :eek:

xray328
04-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Can you snap a picture of the bottom?

Thanks!

HermitRiver
05-12-2006, 04:06 PM
I just finished assembly of a GWS Easy Bug. What a cute critter! I had to get one after seeing Qban_flyer's and another member of our flying cabal fly theirs.

Power is via a motor/gearbox/prop/prop saver from a GP Flatout with a VampowerPro 3S 1050 Lipoly pack. 13.8A :eek: for 131W. Methinks I need to prop down a bit! :D

The rest is a Castle Creations Pixie 20P, 3 Hitec micro servos (HS-55/50), Hitec 555 RX. Elevon mixing done at the TX. AUW is 11.1 ounces.

Love that bug. I had one in my cart at TH but I almost hit $300 so removed it for now. But I am going to have one soon!:D Hermit

qban_flyer
05-12-2006, 06:21 PM
The Easy Bug is one of the most fun flying machines one can ever wish to own.

I looks peculiar, flies nice, scares the living daylights of birds flying nearby and while landing under power, and it will hover to a stop two inches above the surface before "touch" down. :D

HermitRiver
05-12-2006, 06:41 PM
The Easy Bug is one of the most fun flying machines one can ever wish to own.

I looks peculiar, flies nice, scares the living daylights of birds flying nearby and while landing under power, and it will hover to a stop two inches above the surface before "touch" down. :D

Qban. That bug sounds real fun. I already put it in my shopping cart for next order. My 16 y/o daughter and friends will get a real kick out of it. Wife too. I got her a rookie flyer to play with and if she likes it maybe get her a slowstick setup. Hermit

qban_flyer
05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Qban. That bug sounds real fun. I already put it in my shopping cart for next order. My 16 y/o daughter and friends will get a real kick out of it. Wife too. I got her a rookie flyer to play with and if she likes it maybe get her a slowstick setup. HermitSound like a winner plan!!! They'll love it!!! :D

I have had mine since las October!!! I have yet to get tired of it!!! :p

HermitRiver
05-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Sound like a winner plan!!! They'll love it!!! :D

I have had mine since las October!!! I have yet to get tired of it!!! :p

Qban. I don't think you could get tired of it. Too darn cute. I like that little angel one too, sort of looks like a fly. Could make it look like a flying black fly with gnarly teeth though, locals would laugh till they fell over and got eaten by the real black flys which are in full force now. Hermit

qban_flyer
05-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Qban. I don't think you could get tired of it. Too darn cute. I like that little angel one too, sort of looks like a fly. Could make it look like a flying black fly with gnarly teeth though, locals would laugh till they fell over and got eaten by the real black flys which are in full force now. HermitYou've got it! :D I think I should re-name the other one the BLUFO-BUG. It flies like a giant one, though! :eek:

PS: I love your sig. Truer words have never been spoken. :)

HermitRiver
05-12-2006, 10:32 PM
You've got it! :D I think I should re-name the other one the BLUFO-BUG. It flies like a giant one, though! :eek:

PS: I love your sig. Truer words have never been spoken. :)

Qban. I have some pet names for some of mine too:D Thanks, Ronnie had some darn good ones and I'll post some more of his but there are many others I am fond of like this one by Burke. I'll change sigs weekly. "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797 Hermit

a_g_bell
05-12-2006, 11:10 PM
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing Edmund Burke 1729-1797 HermitAin't that the truth? It applies to everyone evenly. Great quote. :)

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Ain't that the truth? It applies to everyone evenly. Great quote. :)
AG.. Yes it is a truth and a sad truth. Besides my business website I am getting another domain and telling it like it is, T shirts for sale, weekly or even daily column of "The world according to Hermit". Ones to make liberals cringe, not to mention the current goon squad called US Govt. Get them to remember the Constitution and Ammendments as they are,, not as they try to make them. "All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void. Marbury vs Madison" 5 US 137, 174, 176, 1803

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs Arizona, 384 US 436 p. 491

Judges need to know "the jury has a right to judge both the law as well as the fact in controversy." John Jay, first Chief Justice US supreme court, 1789

Ok, I'll stop, for now:D Hermit

qban_flyer
05-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Burke's thoughts are as applicable and valid today as they were back then. :)

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Burke's thoughts are as applicable and valid today as they were back then. :)
They all are. Just try to tell the liberals that though, the government, the anti gunners, the insane ACLU, the tax men. Go to court, say "my constitutional rights" and the Judge says "there will be no talk of the constitution in my courtroom" and all jurors are instructed to do exactly as he says, hand picked and screened "voire dire". Americans need to stand up and say NO. Jurors need to go to jury duty not try to get out of it and when the law is unconstitutional, say so and stick to it regardless of the consequences the man in the black robe with nothing under it but a coctail sausage he is playing with says to you or threatens you with. Americans, jurors also must be informed of truth and rights we earned thru the revolution in 1776 and the rights God gave us at birth.

A great little book I buy 25 at a time and hand out is "The Citizens Rule book" (25 shipped is about $20) You can also read the entire book online, it's really good info, great qoutes. http://www.wealth4freedom.com/truth/1/CRB.htm

Look at the liberties we have lost:eek: King George wanted to tax us a mere 2-3% so we threw the tea in the harbor and got a tad rebelious. Then he wanted our guns because his Tyranny was threatened. So we shot the Redcoats dead and sent them scurrying back to their rock. Today? Every one is complacent with 2 cars, MTV, a job and a completely false sense of security brainwashed into them by a twisted media. Oh yea, they all spout "Molon Labe", "from my cold dead hands" and words from men who had true grit but in essence Paine called it;

“There are the times that try mens souls;The Summer Soldier and The Sunshine Patriot will, in this crises, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of men and women… we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph.” Thomas Paine 1776

Add all taxes you pay and you'll come up close to 60% and they still want our guns, have imposed 90% stricter gun laws than 1776. In 1776 you could own the exact same firepower as the military, gee that's in the constitution. Oh well, bow to King George W.

“A nation may lose it’s liberties in a day, and not miss them for a century” Montesquieu 1748

Guess I better get back on subject, sorry for hijacking the thread. Love them little bugs! Hermit

Don Sims
05-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Gents please remember, we're an R/C site and ask that you not post about politics or religion in our Humor or Off Topic forums!!

HermitRiver
05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Gents please remember, we're an R/C site and ask that you not post about politics or religion in our Humor or Off Topic forums!!

Don. Sorry, my bad. :( Hermit

Don Sims
05-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Noooo problemo Hermit!

HermitRiver
05-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Come on everyone, don't stop the thread cause I got off topic:( I said I'm sorry, I won't post anything political and off topic till next thread, I promise:rolleyes:, kidding. I will do my best to behave. Hermit

qban_flyer
05-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Come on everyone, don't stop the thread cause I got off topic:( I said I'm sorry, I won't post anything political and off topic till next thread, I promise:rolleyes:, kidding. I will do my best to behave. HermitSome threads go dormant for a spell until someone re-discovers them and reawakens them after a while. :eek:

Politics or the moderator's comments has had nothing to do with them going into hibernation in the past, this one is no different. :D

HermitRiver
05-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Some threads go dormant for a spell until someone re-discovers them and reawakens them after a while. :eek:

Politics or the moderator's comments has had nothing to do with them going into hibernation in the past, this one is no different. :D

Qban.. Lets see more bugs:eek:

Guess I am a bit like some voices of the past. Franklin is my mentor. I tend to spout the truth from every rooftop, pedestal, dumpster lid unlike the media who spouts lies and twisted truths. I just can't help it. Hermit

qban_flyer
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Got it! :D :D :D