PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Flown The "Wendy" ?

ransom peek
04-10-2006, 04:15 PM
After one day learning to fly with my Slow Stick, I would like to move up to an electric sailplane. I need some advice on choosing one that is not difficult to fly. My skill level now is zero, and I will move up to the sailplane when I am confident I can take off and land without crashing nine out of ten times. One repair for each 10 flights. My ratio with the slow stick currently cant be figured because I just crash, never land. But I have a kind soul that has offered to train me in, so in true Wattflyer afficionado form, I am already dreaming of my next plane.

Looking for:

Easy to transport - small or two part wing
Easy to fly
Sailplane that can catch thermals at 5000 feet altitude in Colorado
Simple - might be best to not have aelerons

I would appreciate any ideas...

Here is the Wendy - the only plane I have found so far that seems to fit these criteria...
http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=1292

Sky Sharkster
04-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Ransom Peek, I haven't seen the Wendy fly, the best small glider I've seen lately is the Ascent. If you replace the prop with a CAM 6 x3 folder it is a very good-flying small glider. We have 3 in our club and they climb and glide well at 5200 ft ASL. One flyer replaced stock motor with 2200 series AXI and it will climb nearly vertically on 3 cell LiPo. It is rudder/elevator/throttle control. There are a couple other small (1-1/2m) gliders listed in "Getting Started in E-P Gliders" on this Forum.
Good Luck!
Ron

ragbag
04-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Ransom Peek, I haven't seen the Wendy fly, the best small glider I've seen lately is the Ascent. If you replace the prop with a CAM 6 x3 folder it is a very good-flying small glider. We have 3 in our club and they climb and glide well at 5200 ft ASL. One flyer replaced stock motor with 2200 series AXI and it will climb nearly vertically on 3 cell LiPo. It is rudder/elevator/throttle control. There are a couple other small (1-1/2m) gliders listed in "Getting Started in E-P Gliders" on this Forum.
Good Luck!
Ron

Ron
I did a search on the "Getting Started in E-P Gliders" that you mentioned and can't seem to find it.
You are talking about the Watt Flyer forum aren't you?:)

Sky Sharkster
04-14-2006, 11:18 AM
To Ragbag, my fault, it's here in "Electric Sailplanes" Under "Starting out in Electric Powered Gliders", 21 threads down. Sorry about that!
Ron