PDA

View Full Version : Wattage PT19

1987tc
04-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Anyone flown the Wattage PT19? In the pictures it doesn't look bad for the money. I have a Himax 2808-980 that I could use.

I know it is far from exact scale but seems ok for a sport scale model.
Looking for feedback on how it flies or any problems it has.

Main landing gear is wide track and seems like ground handling should be decent.
Wes

Grasshopper
04-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Wes,

I've also had my eye on that one. There's a write up on it in the March 06 Backyard Flyer magazine if you can get a copy. If not, I can probably copy it and send it to you. I think it's a great looking plane but then I've always liked the PT-19. I cut my teeth on the Cox control line PT-19 when I was a kid and I'm actually out in the shop today rebuilding a 32 year old balsa rubber band powered PT-19 that my Dad and I built together when I was a kid. It's just about done. I am masking it off for airbrushing today.

Tom

1987tc
04-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I would realllly appreciate it if I could get a copy of that!

I also had a Cox PT19 ucontrol model. I also had a Foam PT19 that Cox put out with two channels on rudder and elevator and an .049 in the nose. It flew great and I have always wanted to find another one to convert to electric power. Never have found one so I thought this one might be good.

Of course it will have brushless power and lipos. I ordered one when I could resist no longer and should get it soon.

I too have always liked the PT19 and think it is a great looking plane .
And the blue and yellow looks great on it.

Wes

Grasshopper
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey Wes,

I'm off this week trying to get some things done around the house. If you would send me a private message with your e-mail address, I'll try to scan the article and e-mail it to you next week when I'm back in the office. Or if you would prefer, give me your address and I'd be happy to mail it out to you this week.

Either way works for me.

Tom

1987tc
04-12-2006, 05:33 PM
I just got the kit and I will say it is a looker! The plastic fuse seemed a little weird to me since I am more of a balsa fan. But seems strong and looks good.

I did a dry fit of the wing and tail and everything fits well and and looks nice.

One problem is the two brushless motors I have are way to big for it.

So I am looking for suggestions for an outrunner for it.
Anyone got a suggestion?

1987tc
04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
I am getting an Axi 2208 /26 outrunner from a friend. It will solve the prop clearance problem and should still provide enough power.

1987tc
04-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Here are a couple of pics after an hours work.

enrique1123
04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I just picked this one up, I will build it over the weekend, I have no idea of what motor to use. I have a couple of brushless motors laying around that I could install but I wanted to see some others already built. I have an AXI 2212/34, a rimfire and Eskay 400 mmmm tough decision. Any inputs or recomendations?

Bill G
05-07-2006, 05:00 AM
The park size PT19 that Hobby Lobby sells looks like a good flyer, on the video. If I were to get one of their "warbirds/military trainers", it would be at the top of the list, due to good flying ability.

Grasshopper
05-07-2006, 05:02 AM
I was actually just watching the video of the Hobby Lobby PT-19 about 2 minutes ago (again). I've been eyeing that plane for quite some time now. It does look like a good flyer

Twmaster
05-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Wes, what is the AUW of that '19 you got?

Bill G
05-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I was actually just watching the video of the Hobby Lobby PT-19 about 2 minutes ago (again). I've been eyeing that plane for quite some time now. It does look like a good flyer

Yeah, you can really see the stability in the inverted turns. Guy makes it look effortless.