PDA

View Full Version : Admin i have a request

luisfc1972
04-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Please cancel my account here. thanks

Don Sims
04-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I moved this to the appropriate forum. Hate to see the spat develop.

Don Sims
04-13-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15 is a link to our community policies.

HermitRiver
04-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Please cancel my account here. thanks

Luis. Don't go yet, PM me if you want to talk. Hermit

Bill G
05-13-2006, 05:09 AM
He's still here. He tried to make me look like a ------- in a Slow Stick post, and didn't like that I responded to it. Apparantly a ploy to get the admin and others against me, from what I can see, by posting it in the Beginners section, and not the appropriate one.

Doppelganger
05-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Was he the one that spewed profanities and such when we were discussing the SS vs. the Easystar? Bummer if it is. Hate to see people leave.

Steve

Twmaster
05-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Yes Steve. That was the member. I was one target of his unsavory commentary.

Doppelganger
05-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Thats right. I remember now.

Steve

Mike Parsons
05-13-2006, 01:39 PM
He's still here. He tried to make me look like a ------- in a Slow Stick post, and didn't like that I responded to it. Apparantly a ploy to get the admin and others against me, from what I can see, by posting it in the Beginners section, and not the appropriate one.
Bill,
I am at a loss to what this is referring to. Can you PM me the link so I can look into it?

Bill G
05-13-2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5919
This is Ransom Peek's thread

In the thread, a poster made comments about the Slow Stick not being a beginners plane. I jokingly made comments to the effect that not everyone is a good flyer. The comment was made since I found the SS to be incredibly easy to fly, and I was not a good beginner. Well, Luis too kit upon himself to make a public Bill Bad Guy dissertation. I respond to those, again with some form of humor. He then made the ADMIN I HAVE A REQUEST post, in the PARKFLYER section.

Also:
Mike, apparantly a few of the mods that have been trolling me have not found this thread. Today I had a post somehow put in not only the wrong forum, but 2 of them. Mods doing, not funny. They deleted some of them also, 1 of them being here, the other 1 was supposted to be here, but they moved and then deleted it. This is really getting ridiculous.

redgiki
05-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Bill,

I've talked to one of the mods about a problem Wattflyer seems to have: random *deletion* of posts. It's happened to me five times, that I'll post and the post shows up immediately afterwards, but disappears later.

According to the mod I spoke to, the post simply didn't exist in the thread, which doesn't seem to indicate moderation (a moderated post still exists in mod-view, but is just hidden from everybody else).

Anyway, several of the posts which disappeared were entirely innocuous. Of course, since the day I spoke about it, it hasn't happened. It's like taking your car to a mechanic :) The problem goes away until the repairman is done looking at it to tell you there's nothing wrong...

Mike Parsons
05-13-2006, 05:11 PM
I will look into the first part Bill. The second part, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
Mike

Bill G
05-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Bill,

I've talked to one of the mods about a problem Wattflyer seems to have: random *deletion* of posts. It's happened to me five times, that I'll post and the post shows up immediately afterwards, but disappears later.

According to the mod I spoke to, the post simply didn't exist in the thread, which doesn't seem to indicate moderation (a moderated post still exists in mod-view, but is just hidden from everybody else).

Anyway, several of the posts which disappeared were entirely innocuous. Of course, since the day I spoke about it, it hasn't happened. It's like taking your car to a mechanic :) The problem goes away until the repairman is done looking at it to tell you there's nothing wrong...

Sorry, but that false assumption is only confusing, and not helping this situation. Not the problem.
Sky Sharkster and/or another have taken away my ability to have a personal statement under my avatar, and have a signature. Nothing was foul, as I had heard nothing specific of anything foul. If there was something foul, why wasn't it reported to Mike Parsons, to have him deal with me.
If I make any attempt to write something that looks like a signature, they delete it, sometimes notify me, but don't explain why. They are acting like users who bicker back and forth, and not like mods, by trolling and deleting my info and abilities without explained cause. If I'm such a problem, they should have LONG AGO had the higher ups deal with me.
Whey did I respond to this thread. It stemmed out of the Slow Stick post. They started removing my signature and the thing under my avatar, I don't know what it is, since its NO LONGER ON MY USER CP. The apparant trolling of me started after that thread. and a minor issue with another user, long ago down the road.

Saved in Notepad, something I'll keep dong now, so I can deal with the mysterious unexplained dissappearances.

redgiki
05-13-2006, 10:13 PM
...that false assumption is only confusing, and not helping this situation. Not the problem.

It's a legitimate problem that has happened here; not recognizing your unique circumstances, I agree it's probably a red herring in this case. But the most complicated problems often are a combination of several issues, sometimes unrelated. I have a sneaking suspicion WattFlyer has several bugs in their message handling which are responsible for the deletions I have seen; this may be compounding your issues.

Not a false assumption, but probably an issue of lesser relevance to your situation.

Bill G
05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgiki http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/misc/backlink.gif (http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6041#post70446)
Bill,

Sorry, but that false assumption is only confusing, and not helping this situation. Not the problem.
Sky Sharkster and/or another have taken away my ability to have a personal statement under my avatar, and have a signature. Nothing was foul, as I had heard nothing specific of anything foul. If there was something foul, why wasn't it reported to Mike Parsons, to have him deal with me.
If I make any attempt to write something that looks like a signature, they delete it, sometimes notify me, but don't explain why. They are acting like users who bicker back and forth, and not like mods, by trolling and deleting my info and abilities without explained cause. If I'm such a problem, they should have LONG AGO had the higher ups deal with me.
Whey did I respond to this thread. It stemmed out of the Slow Stick post. They started removing my signature and the thing under my avatar, I don't know what it is, since its NO LONGER ON MY USER CP. The apparant trolling of me started after that thread. and a minor issue with another user, long ago down the road.

Saved in Notepad, something I'll keep dong now, so I can deal with the mysterious unexplained dissappearances.

Bill G
05-13-2006, 10:49 PM
I will look into the first part Bill. The second part, I sent you an email.

Thanks,
Mike

Haven't received an email. Either way, I have no signature or ability to write under my avatar. These abilities were removed without explanation. There was nothing foul, which is why there was no legitimate explanation given.

Don Sims
05-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Bill,
Mods can't take away the signature ability only Admin level folks can. A Mod can edit a post and pull a specific part but it wouldn't make sence to edit 600+ posts. Me thinks Mike PM'd the issue to you and with your current profile setting Mods couldn't e-mail you unless they have your address. An Admin level person has the e-mail address that you signed up with, Mods don't have that access.

Hope that was clear as mud.
Don

Mike Parsons
05-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Haven't received an email. Either way, I have no signature or ability to write under my avatar. These abilities were removed without explanation. There was nothing foul, which is why there was no legitimate explanation given.
Bill, I will forward the email to you again. It was in reply to the email that you sent me.