PDA

View Full Version : LiPo Question?

Khameleon
08-19-2005, 07:10 AM
I was doing some reading last night on the forums and saw some message concerning the max V of a 3S1P pack, around 12.6 if memory is right;) Anyways I wanted to test my Kokam 1500 and see what voltage I was at. Put the multimeter upto the leads and the meter read 0V. Now I am sure i was making a good connection, as the wires were exposed. This pack had been charge in the last 24 hrs and was only run for 1 min in testing purposes.. Just to make sure the pack was infact still good I hooked it upto my Yak and it ran fine. After playing around a few mins I thought I would top the bat up. After the top up I check the voltage one more time and it was reading 12.7V Long story short I came home from work today wanted to see if was holding the charge and the meter was back to zero.. 30 seconds on the charger and back to 12.7V The pack is fine in the a/c runs a good 10 mins with no problems.. I don't have any other packs to see if this is a property of the LIPO bats. Just curious as to why it seems to not read a voltage after it has sat for a half day or so. Thanks for any input

Khameleon

Red Scholefield
08-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Check your meter against a regular alkaline flashlight battery. I sounds like a meter problem to me in this case.

GeraldRosebery
08-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Get a new meter.

Khameleon
08-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok new meter it is.. As long as I konw its not a property of the lipo
Thanks
Khameleon