PDA

View Full Version : Blade CP got stuck in a tree

jakjr
04-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Of all the crashes I think todays topped them all.

It was WAY too windy to be flying, but as always I flew anyways :p. A gust of wind caught the little BCP and ballooned it way up, next thing I know the sun blinds me and I hear a loud smack. At first I thought it crashed but my uncle said it was stuck in the tree, the neighbors tree :eek:. Mark (my nieghbor) is out of town right now and I didn't know what to do about it so we just got the tree trimmer and knocked the poor BCP out of it. First the lipo fell out and smacked the ground pretty hard (no damages apparently), then the blade CP came tumbling down boom first into a bush, reminded me of a lawn dart LOL.

To add insult to injury the neighbors across the street were out in their front yard, along with all of their out of town relatives, watching the whole ordeal :o .

On the upside, the only thing that got messed up was the main shaft and it needed replaced anyways as it was already slightly bent.

EpoweredRc
04-18-2006, 03:04 AM
Of all the crashes I think todays topped them all.

It was WAY too windy to be flying, but as always I flew anyways :p. A gust of wind caught the little BCP and ballooned it way up, next thing I know the sun blinds me and I hear a loud smack. At first I thought it crashed but my uncle said it was stuck in the tree, the neighbors tree :eek:. Mark (my nieghbor) is out of town right now and I didn't know what to do about it so we just got the tree trimmer and knocked the poor BCP out of it. First the lipo fell out and smacked the ground pretty hard (no damages apparently), then the blade CP came tumbling down boom first into a bush, reminded me of a lawn dart LOL.

To add insult to injury the neighbors across the street were out in their front yard, along with all of their out of town relatives, watching the whole ordeal :o .

On the upside, the only thing that got messed up was the main shaft and it needed replaced anyways as it was already slightly bent.

I have never seen a heli in a tree, thats a new one for me, at least you got it back. lesson today " Dont fly in high winds"

I didnt even think about flying today with the winds we had.