PDA

View Full Version : new epp profile 'pylon racers' from robbe

kodel
04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
I just bought a Robbe Pogo, a 70cm span epp plane. Flying surfaces are Symmetrical profile with the epp used as a hinge, fuse is a 2 cm thick slice of EPP.
Everything is pre-printed in a nice scheme. Component placement is just like 3D schocky type planes, very simple.

Did anyone fly one of these yet (4 versions: pogo, NEMESIS, firefly and another one)?

I wonder what the speed enveloppe is like, so I can buy the right powerplant, It is advertised as 'pylon racer' but I doubt that it will go over 40km/hour with it's 70cm span and 250g auw (estimated)

Any experience or advise regarding powerplant choice?

tiger-racer
05-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Kodel,

I built the dillusion from robbe and I can say a good plane.
I think that you can not say that EPP models are pylon racer - I think it is the wrong word ;-)

I use an 41g BL motor and a 18A ESC ( Set: 59 Euro)
10g mini servo
3S 800 Lipo PolyQuest

If you have now the right electronic please post it.

Have a good flight.
Tiger-Racer

kodel
05-30-2006, 11:49 PM
I have it flying using a 26g BL motor and 10A ESC (also about that price). I equipped it with GWS pico servo's (6g I think, I sell them myself on wwww.flygws.eu) and a 3s 450mAh LiPo.

Keeps it light (AUW I recall to be 270g), but it is not so speedy.

Fully aerobatic, though, and also a good speed enveloppe. Nice 3D capabilities as well.

All in all I like this plane, since it can be flown in quite tight places (being so light as I built it) and it is relaxing to fly. It is not a pattern plane - it lacks precision for that, possibly due to it's small size or EPP bending, I don't know.