PDA

View Full Version : Explain your screen name

crxmanpat
04-19-2006, 12:24 AM
OK, so this really probably should have gone in the same thread as "Explain your avatar", but oh well.

So...explain your screen name.

Back in 1987 I bought a 1988 Honda CRX Si as my first ever new car. Drove that sucker all over Germany, and across the US and back a few times. That was the best little car I ever owned. So, when the big gas crunch hit last year, I needed to stop driving my big clunky SUV gas guzzler to work (58 miles roundtrip :eek: ). Had recently sold my home for a hefty profit last August, and had some extra money left over. Found a 1991 CRX Si in near mint condition, with only 99K miles. That is now my daily driver.

Went on eBay to buy some accessories (no longer avail at the dealer) and needed a screen name. So I chose crxmanpat. I then joined a CRX forum, and used the same name, and it has followed me ever since.

And since it has a plane in the background, here's a pic.

Pat

firemanbill
04-19-2006, 12:38 AM
job = Firefighter
name = Bill

favorite Jim Carey character was Firemarshall Bill...

"let me show ya somethin":eek: :D

vax6335
04-19-2006, 01:09 AM
When I was in college I was a music major. I played trumpet and got a really nice Yamaha Mike Vax edition silver trumpet. About that time I started getting into online forums and chat rooms and such and used the model number of the trumpet (vax6335) as a screen name. I've stuck with it ever since. I also use the screen name of blue72beetle a lot, since I've got a Blue 1972 VW Beetle.

Don Sims
04-19-2006, 01:59 AM
My momma named me Don after my dad and I got the Sims from my dad Don. ;) But I'm not a 2nd, we have different middle names.

falingtrea
04-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Falling tree - timmmberrrr Falingtrea - Timm Barrr

Yah had to ask :) :o :rolleyes:

Crash Test Dummy
04-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Do I really need to explain?? LOL!

2 years ago when I started flying RC thats how I felt sometimes. It just seemed rite at the time. I hardly crash any more. At least I get more flights in than crashes now that I have 2 years of stick time under my belt. Although we never really stop crashing.......do we? Some guys at my club have been flying for 30+ years and they still crash sometimes.

CTD

comets8518
04-19-2006, 06:33 AM
comets = Club soccer team

'85 club year

18 was my number

frvrngn
04-19-2006, 02:57 PM
My old license plate - It was the only way I could shorten "fahrvergnugen" and still kind of get it phoneticlly. The only thing I drove and raced were VW's for many years. My favorite was still my 83 Rabbit GTi.

Fly Away Ohm
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
1. I used a play on words on the subject of electric flying. A bit like Wattflyer, but not as clever.:o

2. It's shorter than 'thenextcrashisnevermorethanthirtysecondsaway' but not as accurate.:D

qban_flyer
04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
job = Firefighter
name = Bill

favorite Jim Carey character was Firemarshall Bill...

"let me show ya somethin":eek: :DA winner in my book. What a character! :D

stuk_at_work
04-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Usually when I post, I am still at work and my first name is stu and my last name starts with the letter "K". When you read my screen name, read it as "Stuck at Work" (unfortunately :()

redneckflyer
04-19-2006, 06:48 PM
well do i haf ta splain it to ya, im a redneck! i mean larry the cable guy is my hero!

crxmanpat
04-19-2006, 07:37 PM
"If you think radio control is being able to listen to whatever station you want in your car, you might be a redneck."

Git'r done!

jonnyjetprop
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
nick name when I was a pilot at a regional airline.

John

qban_flyer
04-19-2006, 09:32 PM
HMMMM!!!!!

Do I really, really, really have to? :confused:

I thought it would be rather obvious what mine stands for. :D Just in case here goes.

Qban pronounced Cu-ban after the island where I was born (naturalized U.S. Citizen '71). Flyer 'cause that is what I lke to do. ;)

If we get any more personal than this, we may have to start dating. :eek:

Rugar
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
If we get any more personal than this, we may have to start dating. :eek:
Well if we do, it will have to be dutch. I will be flying my own planes!
But I will let you supply the protection! (Lipo Balancer :D)

qban_flyer
04-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Well if we do, it will have to be dutch. I will be flying my own planes!
But I will let you supply the protection! (Lipo Balancer :D):eek: :eek: :eek:

My FMA Cellpro 4S balanced charger comes fully protected. :)

pilotpete2
04-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Nothing very original here, started out as my screen name eons ago at AOL, they added the 2, I guess there already was a pilotpete, so I be second:D
Sadly I never got my full scale ticket, but the R/C hobby makes up for it, well sorta:rolleyes:
Hey redneckflyer, for a redneck you sure have good taste in airplanes;)
Love that Ercoupe:cool:
Regards to all,
Pete

redneckflyer
04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Nothing very original here, started out as my screen name eons ago at AOL, they added the 2, I guess there already was a pilotpete, so I be second:D
Sadly I never got my full scale ticket, but the R/C hobby makes up for it, well sorta:rolleyes:
Hey redneckflyer, for a redneck you sure have good taste in airplanes;)
Love that Ercoupe:cool:
Regards to all,
Pete thanks man! the ercoupe is my favorite airplane, in fact, that particular one i flew my first flight in! cool to have it in my avatar!!

redneckflyer
04-20-2006, 01:35 AM
"If you think radio control is being able to listen to whatever station you want in your car, you might be a redneck."

Git'r done!git r done!!!!

qban_flyer
04-21-2006, 04:58 AM
BTW, back in the '70sI used to fly at the Fly Away R/C club facilities, which used the old Ercoupe factory runway in College Park, MD. Did so for a number of years until the buildings were demolished to make ru\oom for something else. :o

Just changed my avatar again. This is my latest toy, the Airfoilz YAK-54. One that has joined my favorite plane's stable, the ones I "take to the field every time I get a chance to go flying". :)

redgiki
04-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Hmm, mine was made because the name I wanted for an Everquest character was taken. So I looked at the dwarf I'd made, and said "Well, I'm a geek, and this guy has red hair, so Red Geek". All variants of that were taken, so it became "Redgik". Then I made a female version, adding the "i" to the end, and that was the character I took to level 57 before I quit.

I've just kind of stuck with it for some reason. Not a lot of brand identity invested in her. Maybe one day I'll just use my real name.