PDA

View Full Version : First OS and Now Futaba enters the Motor market...

rcers
05-17-2011, 02:44 PM
This must really be a sign of the electric revolution:

http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/motor/

OS and Futaba both with motors and ESC's.

CHELLIE
05-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes, Electrics are taking over :D the days of having to wipe off your Slimy Nitro plane, car and boat are almost over :eek: :D The smart MFG are getting in on the Band wagon, they know where the money is and what people want, I cant wait untill everyone goes to E power, then I can Buy up all the nitro stuff real cheap :Q Ok Just Kidding, Take care and have fun, Chellie

Henry Sistrunk
05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I had trouble reading some of that. Must be my glasses.
Henry

Nitro Blast
05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Its a sign of the times for sure. It is pleasing for me to see long standing RC companies with high quality products and solid reputations take a shift in their own business practices and introduce new products for the electric segment.

My bet is that soon, many on the shelf, consumer grade radios will include high tech stuff like telemetry. Since Futaba is investing in the electric market I think its a safe bet that the industry as a whole is focusing on E-power as the most rapidly growing segment.

Imagine what we can have available in the next 10 years, when looking back at the last 10.

kyleservicetech
05-17-2011, 10:38 PM
I had trouble reading some of that. Must be my glasses.
Henry

LOL
Hope this helps!

Last time I flew a glow powered model of my own was back in the late 1960's. :D

Henry Sistrunk
05-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Much Better, Thanks. My last glo flight must have been in 96 or so.
Henry

texasclouds
05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
i bet those motors are pricey...

Nitro Blast
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
i bet those motors are pricey...

Quality is not expensive, its priceless.

Dr Kiwi
05-18-2011, 10:32 PM
This must really be a sign of the electric revolution:

http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/motor/

OS and Futaba both with motors and ESC's.

By the looks of it/them, the OS and Futaba are identical motors, presumably manufactured by some Asian third party and with either OS or Futaba labels slapped on 'em.

rcers
05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
They looked a bit different to me but suspect you are right.

I do like the stainless steel collet. But maybe that is a solid threaded shaft? That would be nice.

Dr Kiwi
05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Looking a bit more carefully at the pictures I posted, I see that they are a bit different at the front end... but I wonder why Futaba is selling OS as well as their own label??

gramps2361
05-18-2011, 11:05 PM
So Dr. Kiwi when are you going to get some and test them out in your usual good way. If you do looking forward to your report.

Dr Kiwi
05-29-2011, 01:13 AM
So Dr. Kiwi when are you going to get some and test them out in your usual good way. If you do looking forward to your report.

When you send me some samples!:)

Actually most of 'em will be too big for me to test.... my limit is ~400W.

gramps2361
05-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Well since most of them are over the 400 watt range I guess I won't be sending any soon.;):)

To bad I do enjoy reading your motor reviews and picking up some info. that you share.:)

A.T.
06-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Looking a bit more carefully at the pictures I posted, I see that they are a bit different at the front end... but I wonder why Futaba is selling OS as well as their own label??

O.S.Engines is owned by Futaba. This is perhaps the beginning of a sell off/shut down of the O.S.Engine brand or else a split so as to have two separate distributors in some areas be it UK, Europe, US etc.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong)

road king 97
07-01-2011, 09:40 PM
If they cost as much as their fassst recievers i could not afford one anyways. Lol joe

roberted5r/cnut
07-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Are the OS brushless going to be made in Japan?If so I might get one.

rcers
07-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Are the OS brushless going to be made in Japan?If so I might get one.

My guess = Highly unlikely.