PDA

View Full Version : Magpie AP question - help!

ae5x
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm building my first model ever and have arrived at a point in the construction that has me stumped (easily done!).

On the top of Page 5 of the instructions:

"Glue the .75" X 2" X 1/64th" plywood reinforcement plates to the center of the wing at the leading edge and trailing edge. These are to protect the wing from the rubber bands."

I don't have any pieces of those dimensions. I've uploaded 2 photos of all the plywood parts I have left after having built the camera mount. Could someone who's built this model take a look and let me know which pieces are the right ones to use for this step.

Muchos gracias,:)
http://www.ae5x.com/misc/mag1.jpg

http://www.ae5x.com/misc/mag2.jpg

Kosh
04-22-2006, 05:27 PM
This was a added step to the build and you can just use bamboo, C/F or anything else handy you might have around. Its just to keep the rubber bands from digging into the foam on a hard landing. You can even cut a few strips from the ply scraps you have and epoxy into place.

buzzltyr
04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
John, have you checked the hardware bag? MM often puts pieces like the 1/64th items in with the wheels, etc., so they don't get lost. I haven't built the MagpieAP, but I have built a substantial number of the MM kits. The 1/64th ply, btw, is about the thickness of bond paper. It is much thinner than the ply from the motor mount, etc.

If they weren't included in the kit, send an email to Brian at MM (the new owner). I'm sure he will get you replacements out very quickly.

Mark

Kosh
04-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Did you find the parts or make due with something? Want to see some photos when you get done please.

ae5x
05-09-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm currently on a business trip and will return home to the Magpie project later this week - can't wait to get it finished.

Ira
05-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Hey ae5x, Just cut a couple of credit cards in half and use them, ( you may want to pay them off first ). Thin cardboard, balsa ect...this is not a material critical part.

05-12-2006, 02:42 AM
Mine is an earlier production and they did not have this step in the instructions at that time.

I used 3mm coroplast cut in half, thickness wide.

Brad