PDA

View Full Version : You Might Be Employed By A School If:

Don Sims
04-24-2006, 10:47 AM
YOU MIGHT BE EMPLOYED BY A SCHOOL IF:

1. You believe the playground should be equipped with a Ritalin salt lick.

2. You want to slap the next person who says, "Must be nice to work 8 to 3:20 and have summers free."

3. You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.

4. You believe "shallow gene pool" should have its own box on the report card.

5. You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says, "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."

6. When out in public you can feel the urge to snap your fingers at children you do not know and correct their behavior.

7. You have no social life between August and June!

8. Marking all A's on report cards would make life SO much easier.

9. You think people should be required to get a government permit before being allowed to reproduce.

10. You wonder how some parents ever MANAGED to reproduce.

11. You laugh uncontrollably when people refer to the staff room as the "lounge."

12. You encourage an obnoxious parent to check into charter schools or home schooling.

13. You can't have children of your own because there's no name you could give a child that wouldn't bring on high blood pressure the moment you heard it uttered.

14. You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.

15. You know you are in for a major project when a parent says, "I have a great idea I'd like to discuss. I think it would be such fun."

16. Meeting a child's parent instantly answers the question, "Why is this kid like this?"

firemanbill
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Good one Don:D My wife works at an Elementary School in Special education. I'd say she can vouch for everyone of those:eek:

spark
04-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Boy, you sure don't need to be a school teacher for #6. I'd like to do more than snap my fingers at them. I'd like to pound some of the little brats into the ground along with their idiot mothers. I almost yelled out loud at a couple of kids in Walmart the other day. It was all I could do to control myself. Such terrible behavor....you wouldn't believe it...or maybe you would....and the mother was just ignoring them. :mad:

I don't know how anybody can stand to be a school teacher for today's kids. Just curious, but what's the ratio these days of good kids to bad kids in the classroom? It was about 40/1 when I went to school.

kingshigh
04-24-2006, 02:49 PM
I certainly agree with Spark. I would have been ashamed to take my kids to a public place and have them act the way so many of them do today. I am more than likely telling my age.I Guess you can't blame the kids though, as parenting today is a disgrace.

firemanbill
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Hit a nerve huh guys?!:eek:

I agree wholeheartedly! I still have young kids, 10, 12, and 15. I am going to brag so be patient...:D My wife and I taught our kids from a very young age to act with moderation, respect and dignity. And yes they got a belt every now and then when they needed it, not a beating but a loving reminder of how to act properly. My wife did not work before they all started school. She spent the days with them and they learned from her, not a daycare. I think that made more of a differnce than anything. Well that and being raised in church. We had to do without a lot of stuff during those years but man was it worth it.

We stopped at a mall and was eating in the food court one time and an elderly lady came over to my wife and told her how impressed she was with our childrens behavior:eek: , that happened a couple of more times as well.

They still have there moments but all in all I have some wonderful kids.

There are still some out there...:)

Don Sims
04-25-2006, 12:45 AM
In our school good to bad about the same ratio you had back when you were a kid. I find the vast majority of kids are actually pretty good. Out of the nearly 130 we have maybe 2 to 3 are actually bad at heart.

dinsour
11-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Take everything you said in that post and then think about turning your back on the @###@$%%^$&s as you drove down the road at 30 mph.. I drove a school bus for 15 years. Had to quite because I was afraid I would throtal one of them, then I would have ended up in jail.

Shell shocked---Ron :eek:

firemanbill
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Take everything you said in that post and then think about turning your back on the @###@$%%^$&s as you drove down the road at 30 mph.. I drove a school bus for 15 years. Had to quite because I was afraid I would throtal one of them, then I would have ended up in jail.

Shell shocked---Ron :eek:

you should get hazardous duty pay for that Job!:eek: I'd run into a burning building before I'd drive a school bus!

oh wait... I run into burning buildings anyway... oh nevermind, you know what I mean!:D

dinsour
11-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Bill : I did just that. I worked for the Buffalo fire dept for 33 years.
The school bus was a second front for me. 23 years ridiing the rigs and 10 as a dispatcher. Loved the fire fighting but the dispatching paid more and it let me quite driving bus

&# Ron

firemanbill
11-13-2006, 09:52 PM
how bout that!;) :D

I too rode the trucks, 20 years Crash Rescue and now run the 911 center. My part time gig when I was on shift was ferrying U-Haul trucks around the area where they needed them.

Arthritis got to my knees real bad so the days of climbing the rigs is over... sort of. I still play in the burn house and on the aircraft mock ups whenever I can.

dinsour
11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
At least the U Haul trucks didn't talk back. Or fight with other.

---&3 Ron/ WB2NFZ

firemanbill
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
you are right there... they were pretty quiet! lol

you had to kick 'em in the pants every now and then to get 'em in gear but besides that they were pretty tame...

dinsour
11-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah and you didn't have to deal with their parents

73 RON

firemanbill
11-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Yup! don't envy ya there!

dinsour
11-13-2006, 10:08 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :cool:

TLyttle
11-14-2006, 02:41 AM
I taught kids to build and fly models for 25 years, and I ain't sure, but I think that it was the subject and results that made it a pleasure. Teach a kid what he wants to learn, and they are just great.

However, I had to get out of retail because I figured I would commit homicide on one of the little beasts. A broad came in with her 11-yr-old and 9-yr-old, and while she shopped the brats ran around and around the store. She asked for something, and I said, "Certainly Madam" and walked towards the item, pacing myself so that I arrived at the end of an aisle when the older one did, running full tilt, looking back at his brother. It was perfect: he hit my leg just as I stepped on his foot, and down he went, with his foot securely anchored to the floor, with a satisfying crunching of tendons etc. "Oooops, sorry..." Mom was highly displeased, and the kid kinda hobbled a bit for a month or so, I was supremely satisfied.

No kid ever came into the store again with the idea that they were in a playground after that. It is amazing how quick kids transfer information...

firemanbill
11-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I like you more all the time TL!:rolleyes: :D

LannyG
11-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Hit a nerve huh guys?!:eek:

I agree wholeheartedly! I still have young kids, 10, 12, and 15. I am going to brag so be patient...:D My wife and I taught our kids from a very young age to act with moderation, respect and dignity. And yes they got a belt every now and then when they needed it, not a beating but a loving reminder of how to act properly. My wife did not work before they all started school. She spent the days with them and they learned from her, not a daycare. I think that made more of a differnce than anything. Well that and being raised in church. We had to do without a lot of stuff during those years but man was it worth it.

We stopped at a mall and was eating in the food court one time and an elderly lady came over to my wife and told her how impressed she was with our childrens behavior:eek: , that happened a couple of more times as well.

They still have there moments but all in all I have some wonderful kids.

There are still some out there...:)

I just ran across this. As one of the regular citizens out "there", I just want to thank you and your wife. THAT is the way to raise kids. Parents who actually raise them, rather than letting the state bungle it for them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
LannyG

firemanbill
11-15-2006, 03:12 AM
Wow... Thank you Lanny!:D

TLyttle
11-15-2006, 04:02 AM
Yeah, raise them right, and they stay right. My sister raised 3 on welfare (redneck husband, changed his attitudes AFTER they were married), and she refused to yell at them. However, when she spoke, they listened; she was too subtle with her "adjustments" to their behaviour to create scenes in restaurants. Now in their 30s, they are very, very successful: beneficiary, Mom.

We consistently tell people how much we appreciate their kids when they behave like humans rather than beasts. People who allow their brats to "express themselves" so that they are allowed to "grow", brings out the homicidal maniac in me. They may think their kids are "cute", if they are so bleedin' cute, enjoy them at home without infecting the rest of us!!