PDA

View Full Version : Micro Skydiver for electrics!!

edge_pilot
04-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce to you a Micro Skydiver made just for electric aircraft. This skydiver is 9" tall and only weighs 10 oz. ready to jump. He is fully controllable and has a fully fuctional parafoil parachute. Stop by www.RCSkydiving.com (http://www.RCSkydiving.com) to check out the details.

Doppelganger
04-25-2006, 04:43 AM
To you the website with the unique graphics and all, and with the hard to read text may look cool. But to the consumer it is very annoying. It should have a more professional look. Trust me when I say that appearance is everything.

Steve

n001pa
04-25-2006, 09:04 AM
I'd love to see some video of it in action but the media gallery link is not working. And I agree with Doppelganger. It's an interesting looking website but it is a little hard to read and unprofessional looking. Of course I'm no expert myself. Just look at my site. http://members.cox.net/n001pa/

buzzbomber
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument, but what text do you find hard to read on that site? Just curious. I agree the graphics may be a bit overdone. I think the site could use a little improvement here and there,but it certainly looks better than a lot of business websites I've seen.The product looks pretty neat too!

Doppelganger
04-25-2006, 03:38 PM
It was just some constructive criticism. Not meant to insult or annoy. If you don't see it, there is no need to try and point it out. That would be pointless. Pardon the pun.:)

edge_pilot
04-25-2006, 04:36 PM
man, you guys are hard rough crowd. I have spent all our time making the shopping cart as easy to find inventory and be able to checkout with as much ease as possible. I think we have done a very good job at that. as far as the rest of the homepage stuff, well that is to each his own. All the information you need can be located from the shopping cart link, there it is stated in black and white.

Sorry for no videos yet. We have got to get some good weather here in Ohio so we can get out to take some video. We are a very small business, started from nothing other than the desire to produce a quality product to the public. Just like so many other companies, we have gotten alot of orders really fast and the product has caught on faster than we could imagine. I do all the research and development myself to assure quality. Please bare with us in our beginning and we will try to satisfy all the needs of our customers.

Thank you Dave Naylor, RCSkydiving

MikeMc
04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
- Some of your text is actually graphics which always a no-no.
- At least one "more info" link leads to a picture instead of more info.
- "Parachute Packing" link is pointed to a file on your C drive.
- All background graphics need to be axed ASAP.
- Thumbnails are actually very large images with their width and height set smaller which leads to very long load times.

That will be $87.50 consulting fee. Just send me a free over-priced mini-jumper thingy and we'll call it even.

BTW, I think everybody has been nice.

Doppelganger
04-25-2006, 07:30 PM
There is a lot of truth in that humorous post.:)

Steve

n001pa
04-25-2006, 07:50 PM
The home page took an agonizingly long 10 seconds to load with my cable internet :D. What I was thinking was the pages of "more info". All the text are images and, with a very busy background, get kind of hard to read. Don't get me wrong I've seen much worse websites from so called "big companys". I love the look of your product and will have to try one myself this summer.

Flight Risk
04-26-2006, 05:33 AM
quote - Thumbnails are actually very large images with their width and height set smaller which leads to very long load times.

It took about 10 minutes to load the Skydiver Catalog page on my dial up.
"Hints and Tips" and "Our Goal" are too wide for the page.

Not critisism just a critique. I like your products and would love to see some videos (which I can let load for 1/2 hour, damn dial-up connection).

I had seen your skydivers in "Fly RC" mag and had looked at your site a few weeks ago. The article was good and made me wish I had a little extra money laying around.

FR

debhicks
04-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Actually on some monitors the blue is very hard on the eyes. You could soften up that and then the pictures won't be so harsh and rough around the edges. Red is equally as bad and when you put the two together in that background application, immediatly I click out of the site never to return. My eyes start watering and it takes me about 5 minutes to recover. That is a fact, due to over stressing the green and blue's in the military when they first got their computers.

The graphic logo's are too bad but if your not actually looking for it it will blend into the white. Especially after assulting the eye's with the harsh blue. The military stopped using that blue and green for a reason. Found it was devastating to the continuous user.

Most people are looking for clean sharp easy to navigate sites. Made easy so if they want to read they can or if they just want to get to the point they can.

Anyways that is my 5 cents a minute consulting fee input. I too thought fancy eye popping stuff would be the way to go, but after a lot of nothing happening, we changed our format, got a real shopping cart and people started responding to the site. And by the way that was a long and still is an ongoing growing thing and it's not overnight as some commercials would lead you to believe. :)

Slow steady, to the point and perserverance if you can afford to hang on that long. Good luck and your product looks cool. Yeah, I can't spell either. Fingers can't see this morning. :) You should consider getting a booth at the Joe Nall and introducing your product there. Don't let Giant Scale Fun Fly scare you away. You would be amazed.

Boh6368
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
The Jumpers do look nice but I think they are way over priced..I think I could find something better to spend that much money on..I may reconsider if the price drops but until then thier will be no skydiver for me..

Oh and about the site Change the fonts they are not very professional looking and maybe use a plain background , although your site is set up very well it does need work..

Srush99
05-05-2006, 03:54 AM
When I click the box for more info, I was thinking I would see something like specs on the jumper such as dimensions weight, servos required, battery, receiver size, etc. Instead I got a bigger picture of the jumper. The shadowing on your font is illegible to me. I'm interested but I guess to get the info I want I need to make a phone call.
Neat product!