PDA

View Full Version : Wife almost killed me after this

Gullwing
08-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I have had this Wattage Cessna 182 for about 7 months. Put it together and it has been hanging in the "Plane room" ever sense. Never been in the air. I was thinking of getting rid of the Cobalt 400 motor for a brushless but desided to fly it once just to see if it were worth it. I fly low-wing warbirds and a highwing just doesn't seem appealing anymore. Anyway I took it up today. Had problems with it from the start. I couldn't get the Optic 6 to power the motor, but the Laser 4 would(Problem for another forum). Well here is the reason she almost killed me. That sound you hear at the end is the plane hitting a tree...............enough said...GW:D

http://media.putfile.com/18213

and no it was not on purpose...............

debhicks
08-20-2005, 05:30 PM
MMMM......Well. You almost took her head off. You should have left on the part of the tape of you getting hit with that camera:). Sorry you crashed. Optic 6 have the digital trim set up? Had a Futaba wouldn't power up the motor and it was the subtrims zero'ed out. I think that was what it's called. My husband knows for sure.

Gullwing
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
That never made it to tape I was running away too fast.........And thanks for the subtrim advise I will try it when I get through putting it back together...believe it or not there was very little damage to the plane....Here is a before and after............GW

debhicks
08-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Not a problem. Modelers can do anything. :)

Captain Corsair
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
What a great laugh I got from that. Still chuckling as I type this.:) Thanks for sharing.

Gullwing
08-25-2005, 11:35 PM
No problem, I am glad to see that others see this as funny. My wife, not so much.LOL

watt_the?!
09-29-2005, 10:14 PM
not bad.....slightly off target.

flew one of my first planes right into the missus.

she wasnt very impressed.

got her in the shoulder..lucky it was a pusher.

that video is gold!

tim.

Gullwing
09-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks Tim, yeah your wife was lucky it was pusher. I got my fingers caught in an APC prop, 15 stitches later.................In fact it was the same plane. Maybe I need to retire the old girl (the plane) before someone really gets hurt. :D I don't even want to think about what it would do hitting someone...........:(