PDA

View Full Version : question about the nike hotliner from topmodels

Greg Athey
04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a question concerning the differences between the nike1 and nike2. I cracked up the fuse on my nike2 and found a nike1 fuse. I cannot find any info on the differences between them. I would be using my nike2 wing and power system. Can somebody please help???? Thanks, Greg

gathey@pennswoods.net

Jason T
04-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Greg,

All I can remember about what people said between the two was that the Nike2 had a stronger wing.

Have you tried to fit the N2 wing to the N1 fuse to see how it fits? Are the fuses the same length?

Don Sims
04-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I've got my second Nike 1 and I reinforced the wing saddle area after reading the issues they had in both the planes. My first one met it's demise in a nasty cross wind at least it went out in a blaze of glory.

Sal made me a heck of a deal when I got the second Nike 1 because of the bad rap that they had. I've done some heavy flying with them, the first one had well over a hundred flights on it and I've gotten in a lot on this one. Hate to say it but I don't know of any differences between them, I've never seen a Nike 2....

Greg Athey
04-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Jason T, I dont have the Nike1 fuse. I was just offered it. I havent emailed the fellow yet to see what the measurement are on the wing saddle.

Don Sims, I think one difference is the Nike1 had a 70" wingspan and the Nike2 has a 66" span. But I dont know if the wing saddle or the fuselage length is the same??

Thanks for the quick replies. Anyone else have any input??? Greg