PDA

View Full Version : Li-po storage and transportation

NoResults
09-13-2011, 01:31 AM
I always see the dangers of these batteries but don't find any information about how to safely transport them and store them at home. Do I need to carry a fireproof safe of some kind and have same at home?

rcers
09-13-2011, 01:57 AM
Nope. You laptop has Lithium batts. So does your cellphone, and handheld game systems. What do you do to safely store and transport them? :)

Many go far overboard - don't become one of them. But do respect them - all batteries store significant energy (all types too!) :)

gramps2361
09-13-2011, 02:00 AM
I bought 2 army surplus ammo container that I use to store my batteries. Just about 4 years into the hobby and never had a issue with a battery catching fire.
Just treat them with respect and keep tabs on them when you have a battery charging, or you have crashed a plane I keep an eye on it for any problems.
The only one I had go up in smoke was the one I deliberately shot with a pellet gun to see what would happen. It was a older battery, and it just smoked stunk like heck enough to convince me to be careful, not a smell I would want in my house.
Don't get paranoid seems there are to many doomsday stories of explosions and spontaniouse combustions to scare some people into thinking they are like a live hand grande with the pin pulled.