PDA

View Full Version : Help CC Phoenix 10 problem

rc4j
09-26-2011, 05:59 AM
I successfully updated my phoenix 10 esc (firm ver 1.xx) to the latest firmware (3.xx), via castle link. Afterwards, it would recognize a 2S or 3S pack, but would fail to start motor on Auto Detect cell count, giving a 2 count beep/flash. If I set it to 6.0v cutoff, it would run the 2S, and if set to 9.0v cutoff, it would run the 3S. Wanting to be able to try either battery type with my setup, I resorted to going back to the original ver1.xx firmware. At the end of the programming steps, it gave an error saying the controller was not responding, and may need to be re-connected. Now the esc will not work with either cell count, and I can't get it to respond in an attempt to re-program it, either via castle link, or manually using the transmitter stick.
At this point, I'm not sure what else to try. Did I ruin this thing by going back to old firmware, or is there a way to correct it? Will I need to send it to Castle for repair???:(

thanks,
J.

kyleservicetech
09-26-2011, 06:23 AM
I successfully updated my phoenix 10 esc (firm ver 1.xx) to the latest firmware (3.xx), via castle link. Afterwards, it would recognize a 2S or 3S pack, but would fail to start motor on Auto Detect cell count, giving a 2 count beep/flash. If I set it to 6.0v cutoff, it would run the 2S, and if set to 9.0v cutoff, it would run the 3S. Wanting to be able to try either battery type with my setup, I resorted to going back to the original ver1.xx firmware. At the end of the programming steps, it gave an error saying the controller was not responding, and may need to be re-connected. Now the esc will not work with either cell count, and I can't get it to respond in an attempt to re-program it, either via castle link, or manually using the transmitter stick.
At this point, I'm not sure what else to try. Did I ruin this thing by going back to old firmware, or is there a way to correct it? Will I need to send it to Castle for repair???:(

thanks,
J.

Don't know if CC corrected it or not, but I've run into two CC programmers where the programmers servo leads pulled slightly out of the connector.

That's probably not your problem, but its worth a look. :D

rc4j
09-26-2011, 06:34 AM
thanks, I'll check that.

Wildflyer
09-26-2011, 06:45 AM
I have talked directly to CC before and found them to be very nice and very helpful.

They can give you a real solid answer, and help you fix it.

Larry3215
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
You're going to need to call Castle. Im pretty sure that once you up-grade from 1.XX firmware that you cannot go back - at least not all the way back.

I suspect you now need to send the controller in to get it repaired. Most likely they wil just give you a new one but there may be a nominal charge since you are out of warranty.

Call them to be sure.

Good luck!

rc4j
09-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try calling them today.

rc4j
09-27-2011, 05:53 AM
I spoke w/ Gregg in tech support today, and he said to send it in, and I would get a replacement since the problem was caused by firmware updating. That's outstanding customer service!

rcers
09-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Yep they rock and stand behind their product. :)