PDA

View Full Version : Easy Star

stanlazi
04-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Can any help me with my Easy Star? It banks right. I even took of the rudder and launched it with just the fin. I still went right
Any suggesstions appreciated.
Stan

Doppelganger
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Sounds like your wing may be warped. Is it brushless? Do you fly it very hard? Check the wings really good.

Steve

Don Sims
04-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Does sound like a warped wing or remotely possible warped fuselage.

stanlazi
04-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I just got back from the field after several successful flights. I use a different set of wings. Many thanks from a grateful newbie. This is a brushless. Several Easy Star guys flew until the wind did us in
Stan

Doppelganger
04-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Cool. Glad it worked out for you.

Steve

mikeyv
03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
My easystar also seems to turn right. Now it has taken some (okay maybe more then some) abuse as this is my first plane. I have been thinking that something is not exactly straight. I am wondering if I can setup a small laser beam and check how straight things are. My eyes are not what they used to be and I think I need an unbiased source for straight. If I find it is not straight I am assuming I can’t really straighten this foamie. I guess I will just continue to use lots of left trim to make it fly straight.

Grandadap
04-01-2007, 12:02 PM
My easystar also seems to turn right. Now it has taken some (okay maybe more then some) abuse as this is my first plane. I have been thinking that something is not exactly straight. I am wondering if I can setup a small laser beam and check how straight things are. My eyes are not what they used to be and I think I need an unbiased source for straight. If I find it is not straight I am assuming I canít really straighten this foamie. I guess I will just continue to use lots of left trim to make it fly straight.

Hi,
Look along the fuse from the front to see if the rudder is aligned.
The problem could be a twisted fuse. Hold upside down and look along the aerial channel and see if it is straight.
If not, use re-enforced scotch tape to pull straight. Attach to the opposite side to which it is pulling, secure with some tape around the fuse. Stretch until the fuse is straight and secure. After some time the fuse will stay at that position.
The motor could be off line. Use a straw pushed on to the motor shaft to check alignment and adjust as needed.
Andy
I don't like ground effect!

saahmad
05-17-2007, 10:37 AM
My easy star also banks right , more so during during climb, after i have recontructed the fuselage. any tips on how to check for fudelage warp