PDA

View Full Version : Wild from NES

crashmaster
05-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Looking for something between a pylon racer and a hotliner. This 48" WS weighing about 22oz according to the info on NES might be the one. My eyes along with other parts don't work as well as they once did, HELLO... so need something larger than a small pylon racer but still able to go fast. Has anyone set up the Wild?? Flown it??

Jason T
05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
The Wild looks like a pretty decent model. I have not seen or heard anyone flying one yet.

I have a Turn Left which has the same wingspan but is more expensive than the Wild.

terryfallon
05-16-2006, 01:21 AM
I recently put one together and found it strait forward. The wing saddle was a bit off, but of good quality throughout.:) Ran the Medusa’s 28mm motors. Flies over 100 mph, run a 6x7 prop, no tip stall, on rails, tightest turning of any plane I have flown. Plenty of room for everything.
I will buy another when the time comes. Lots of fun:D
terry f.

Doppelganger
05-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Might want to get it tomorrow. They are having a sale. Call them and make a deal on what you want. Strange, but thats usually how they do it.

Steve

Capt G
05-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Terryfallon - I just got one of these. Mine didn't seem to have any instructions or recommended throws. Any tips you can give me? G.

terryfallon
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Mr. G
the roll rate is a little slow, start with ¼” up and down on ailerons and go from there.
Tail start with ¼” up / down and set D/R to half that. Launching you don’t want to stall the wing or elevator, once in the air go to 100%. I fine using flap/erons mix to the elevator to give unreasonable fast turns, may not be good for pylon racing but good for impressing your friends.
I cut venting holes in the back of the canopy did not want to weaken the fuse.
I did use the supply push rod its ok. I did not use the supplied wing bolts I went with steel bolts.
For the CG. 3 3/8” to 3 7/16 , the neutral point calculates to be 3 5/8”
running 2100 3s-1p and a 6.5x6.5 prop or a cut down 7x7 to a 6x7 I like the 6x7 best. Motor is a medusa 28-40-1700 from NESP and a 45amp speed control, separate UBEC I don’t like using the bec in the controllers. Make sure that the motor mounting set up you use will take some abuse. I left the controller set on brake and broke the prop in flight :eek: and that just about ripped the guts out of the plane.
terry

terryfallon
05-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Mr. G
I have a typo on CG it should be 2 3/8 to 2 7/16 with the neutral point at 3 ¼”

Capt G
06-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Terry - Thanks for the update. I have a few Qs; How did you mount the aileron servos? hatches? elevator servo and rcvr etc. How do you install a motor? (there is no firewall). Pics would really help. Thanks. Greg