PDA

View Full Version : Question CC 80 Amp ICE ESC recall

kyleservicetech
03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
What's going on ????

Per the Castle Creations recall on their 80 Amp HV ICE ESC, I shipped mine in for updating on January 25, 2012, with expected delivery date of January 27, 2012.

I did fill out the CC return request, including my email address, phone number and so on.

So far, I've heard absolutely NOTHING from CC. I've made three phone calls to this company, and they've indicated they do have my ESC and are working on it. That was two weeks ago, and I still don't have it. Your phone messages indicate that you currently have a turnaround of 4 weeks. I'm worried that the person I talked to just responded without checking. It was insured, and if CC does not have it, I need to alert the post office.

Again,

Castle Creations what's going on? You've had my ESC now for 5 1/2 weeks with absolutely no communication initiated by your company! Please respond!

DennyV / kyleservicetech

Joe Ford
03-06-2012, 02:52 AM
DennyV...email your phone # to joeford@castlecreations.com with the best time to reach you...I'll have repairs call you. ;)

Sir Crash-A-Lot
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
It took 3 months for me to get my ICE 120 back and not a word the whole time it was gone.

Mike

kyleservicetech
03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
It took 3 months for me to get my ICE 120 back and not a word the whole time it was gone.

Mike

Three months??? IMHO, that is not acceptable, especially since CC issued a recall on their product.

Before retiring I worked in the electronic portion of the Service Department of a large company that manufactured high voltage circuit breakers. We did have a very large recall on one of our controls several years ago due to counterfeit memory chips in the computer board.

Before issuing the recall, we stacked up 500 spare controls to initiate the recall process. The incoming controls were refurbished with new computer boards for the next customer return. Turn around time was only a few days. (And no, it was not cheap)

After all of this, when I get my ESC back, I'll still buy CC ESC's. IMHO, its still the best unit out there.

kyleservicetech
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
DennyV...email your phone # to joeford@castlecreations.com with the best time to reach you...I'll have repairs call you. ;)

My email response:

Subject: DennyV (Kyleservicetech) SO # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
To: joeford@castlecreations.com
Date: Monday, March 5, 2012, 10:45 PM

DennyV...email your phone # to joeford@castlecreations.com (http://us.mc1616.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=joeford@castlecreations.com) with the best time to reach you...I'll have repairs call you. ;)
My home phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. I'll be home tomorrow between 9 AM and 3PM. That phone number is listed on your order confirmation XXXX-XXXX-VVVV.

Denny Vxxxxxxx

03-06-2012
OK.

It's now 3:15 PM. No phone call, no email, no response from Castle Creations.

kyleservicetech
03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
From Castle Creations: 03/05/2012

03-07-2012

It's now 3:15 PM. No phone call, no email, no response from Castle Creations.

Sir Crash-A-Lot
03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah three months is WAY to long. I ended up buying another so we could start competing in IMAC again.

I will and have bough Castle products again but now I need a good 14 cell ESC and Castle does not make them.

Mike

kyleservicetech
03-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Reposted by kyleservicetech as Posting #9 for correct date.

kyleservicetech
03-14-2012, 05:50 AM

It's now been nine days since Castle Creations indicated they would call me on my CC ESC ESC. They've had it for over 6 weeks.

After my phone call to them two weeks ago, the person I talked to indicated they were working on my esc.

So far, No ESC, no calls, no emails, no nothing. I can't even get Castle Creations to verify that they actually have my ESC in their possession. (It was insured through the Post Office)

This ESC was working just fine after some 90 flights. Wish I'd never sent it to CC for their mandatory recall. As for their Service Department, it's hard to give their Service Department any sort of rating. Hard to rate a Service Department that never responds to any phone calls, emails or anything.

Hate to say it, but I might just look at other suppliers next time I buy another ESC, based on experience with CC and their Service Department.

pmullen503
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Wow! That is really lame. What electronic device is recalled and not just replaced with a new one? Are they repairing each ESC?

People whine about customer service from Chinese companies........

70sflyer
03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Hay I here you ,whats going on.Im going through the same thing with Thunder power battery.@%&*#.

bbrowncods
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I guess they are to busy making new ones to sell instead of taking care of existing customers. My LHS has a glass case with several of them - just got them in this week.

Go buy a new one, and call CC and ask for a refund on the one you sent in since they can't seem to take care of you.

kyleservicetech
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
I guess they are to busy making new ones to sell instead of taking care of existing customers. My LHS has a glass case with several of them - just got them in this week.

Go buy a new one, and call CC and ask for a refund on the one you sent in since they can't seem to take care of you.

Yeah, I'd like to, but Castle Creations has yet to answer ANY of my emails, or return ANY of my phone calls.

Update: Just Called Castle Creations Service for the fourth time. CC indicated my ESC is in their shipping department, and will ship today. Funny, three weeks ago I called them, they indicated they were working on it then.

(Just got a shipping notification from UPS on the CC ESC)

IF my ESC does show up next week, CC will have had it for near two months. Will post in wattflyer when and if it shows up. As for their turn around time, word to the wise.

kyleservicetech
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Per the Castle Creations recall on their 80 Amp HV ICE ESC, I shipped mine in for updating on January 25, 2012, with expected delivery date of January 27, 2012.

My Castle Creations 80 Amp HV ICE ESC sent in to CC for their recall just showed up today via UPS. It's the same unit I sent in. That makes it 7 weeks turn around time, and not one email, letter, phone call, no explaination for the long turn around, no nothing from Castle Creations during this time.

Word to the wise.

peluni1
03-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Dont gry I sendt mine in november and have still not resieved mine.

kyleservicetech
03-31-2012, 05:09 PM
Dont gry I sendt mine in november and have still not resieved mine.

Good grief, IMHO that is not acceptable in any market. I'd call them, and demand action.:mad:

(Methinks the only reason I got mine back when I did is I called them and asked where my unit is, and when it was going to be returned.)