PDA

View Full Version : Recycled Foamies

Bill G
05-07-2006, 01:14 AM
I've done a number of foamie scratch builds, with seeming less interest than the foamie ARFs, probably because they require time and work. Maybe this will make it more interesting. Ever want to build an undermodeled plane? Well, your leftover parts from crippled foamies are a good starting point.

The Meteor uses a highly modified, and I mean Highly modified, GWS P51 wing, and its elevator, with shape modified also.

The Arado 234 uses the rear fuse section of an FSK Leonardo. You can see what's left of the Leonardo in the pic, as the wing was used for another project.

My current project, a FW189 uses a GWS DC3 wing, and a modified GWS A10 tail section. All replacement parts, for this project.

There are many more like this, but not enough space to fit all the pics, in 1 post.

HermitRiver
05-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Very nice work Bill. I love the twin ducted fans. Not too much recyclables when I get done with a foamie, may have a rudder left but even that gets killed sometimes. I do like scratch builds though and got some in the works. Hermit