PDA

View Full Version : Do I still have to resize photos?

GWR
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Can I post photos here yet or do I still have to resize them first?:confused:

admin
08-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Can I post photos here yet or do I still have to resize them first?:confused:

Resize. The code mods cannot be complted until the next version of Vbulletin is released shortly. There are issues that will change the code so if I spend the time to do it now I'll have to redo it all as soon as the new version is out which could be any day.

RickAvery
08-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I'll wait.

vicman
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
me too.

admin
08-22-2005, 07:28 PM
why not use a simple resizer in the meantime like:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

or photoshop or picasa (http://www.picasa.com)

you can dump any oversized photos into these apps and output resized ones together in a new resize folder than just draw from that when you need to.

admin
09-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Here is a microsoft resizer that lets you right click on an image to resize it right in place. It creates a copy of the resized image in the same folder. just right click on it and select what size (1024x768 or 800x600 is best for here).

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

which is from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Mike Parsons
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
That is pretty slick :). Just tried it on a 1.53mb photo and it sized it down to 800x600 and 46k with very little quality loss.

-Mike

rcers
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Yep it works great! That is a keeper.

Mike Parsons
09-09-2005, 06:02 PM
I just realized that I can use this to resize multiple photos at one time. Just highlight the ones that you want to resize (with your mouse or holding "CTRL" down and clicking on each one. Then right click on anyone file and choose your settings. All photos will be resized at one time. Pretty slick.

ericthetree
09-28-2005, 01:14 PM
ok I admit I'm a complete dunce when it comes to computer!! I downloaded the resizer to my comp [windows xp]now I can't find it to be able to use it!! can anyone help me with this? thanks in advance ericthetree

admin
09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
One installed you should be able to right click on any image and then resize it using the "Resize Pictures" option on that menu

ericthetree
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
thank you I'll try that

hoppy
11-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Caution - It won't work until the system is restarted.

Neat program!! That's sure an easy way to get the right size.

glenclif
11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
The Bluefive is an easy no frills application. Thanks for the tip.

Glenn

Rugar
11-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Resize. The code mods cannot be complted until the next version of Vbulletin is released shortly. There are issues that will change the code so if I spend the time to do it now I'll have to redo it all as soon as the new version is out which could be any day.

Any word on the auto re size feature? I'm just about finished with a Glow to Electric conversion with lots of pictures. I don't want to spend the time resizing them all and then have duplicate photos on my hard drive if I don't have to.

admin
11-30-2005, 02:47 AM
I didn't forget about it. Nobody has come out with a modification yet for VB to do this so far. I do anticipate somebody will step up and do it soon. In the meantime you can batch resize all photos in a temporary folder (I usually call it 800resize) and use photoshop, picasa or irfanview to do them all at once. I upload them all as I go along and once done just dump the whole folder and keep the originals intact. Only takes a minute or so and the time you save on that will net you MORE time not waiting for those large files to upload.

skyvolt12
12-24-2005, 03:22 AM
Anyone Help,
I am not all that savey on computer's and could use some help. My problem is how to install a picture of a project that I have been working on, namely converting a Balsa USA Taube 40 to electric. I have downloaded "Pixresizer" and I have figured out how to get a picture from " MyPicture's" folder in to it ,but now Im stuck. How do I get it into the Web. SKYVOLT12

hoppy
12-24-2005, 04:04 AM
Let's try this first-

If you have the picture on your hard drive as a *.jpg file, from Quick Reply simply go to the advanced mode "Go Advanced" and scroll down to "Manage Attachments".

Click on it, and go to Browse and find your picture.
OK your picture selection and hit the Upload button.

If it is too big it will tell you.

Did that answer your question?

skyvolt12
12-24-2005, 05:36 AM
Hi Hoppy, I will give a try tomarrow. Thanks for the quick ans.
Skyvolt12

skyvolt12
12-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Hi Hoppy, I believe you hit the nail on the head, so I'm sending a Picture of a plane I completed awhile back called ACROPRO from S&R BATTERY. if this worksit will be a very Merry Christmas:) . May you and yours have a great Christmas and New Year. Skyvolt12

hoppy
12-31-2005, 10:33 PM
That's a winner -
Happy New Year

skyvolt12
01-03-2006, 12:57 AM
HOPPY,
I could not do what you have said in reference to moving the photo from the "web pictures" to the resizer. I downloaded a picture of a scaled down "rudderbug" by the well known modeler Nick Ziroli Sr that I built a couple of years ago. I then called up the Resizer program and inserted the picture and scaled it from there. I hope it works:cool:
Skyvolt

hoppy
01-03-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "inserted the picture". I wonder if we are we talking about the same program? I'm talking about http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

What you are doing is looking good whatever program it is.:)

bluesjunky57
01-26-2006, 04:21 AM
lol

too cool, thanks admin, been wondering how to do that!